Any thoughts on my dd's app for Spring 2020?

Congrats to your daughter! My son had a successful WBI at the end of August, and then had a quick turnaround to do the PI. He found out days later that he was accepted and got a role in attractions. He recorded his end of the interview and made a vlog out of it. I don't know if this will be any help, but maybe it will help her know what questions might come up.
Thank you! Watching all we can so we will definitely watch his too! Congrats to your son!!

She was Spring '19, got QSFB then extended to Attractions. Sadly, she then had to come home to finish school, but plans on returning as soon as she's done! So excited for your daughter. Let us know when she gets her acceptance.

Okay, your example of the questions made me think about my dd. She is friendly, outgoing, responsible, reliable, hard worker, etc...lots of great qualities...but she is not going to be the first person to jump up and be the leader in a group. If no one else does or wants to, she would agree to lead but it's not her first reaction. So, does she answer the example question you gave with a 'strongly disagree' for taking the lead in a group or is that gonna get her NLIC'ed real fast?

I think that is one of the few questions my daughter answered as neutral. She not a natural leader but didn't want them to think she was a shrinking violet, and it was all okay. Now your daughter should practice smiling while answering questions for her phone interview when she gets it. It makes a difference and you really can hear the smile.

Thank you @Newsies!! You are so sweet to remember :lovestruc

She just got done a little while ago! She said she felt it went perfect! Her recruiter had read her cover letter and referenced several things she said on there. Asked her why doing the DCP was so important to her. Talked to her about the roomie situation. Asked her about taking a semester off from school and how she felt about that. Asked her about watercraft, character attendant, attractions, merch and QS. Asked my dd how comfortable she was giving 'spiels'. DD got to talk about her theater background and esp in comedy theater and totally comfortable with spiels (she really wants JC or safaris!). I know there were some other small questions...having a valid DL, having a boat license, comfort with heights (monorail or skyliner??), can't remember any others. My dd asked her a few questions and then I think they finished up. About 20'ish mins.

The only question that my dd felt she couldn't answer great was that she had to say no that she doesn't have a boat license lol. Felt everything else was good :)

Does that all seem good? Is there anyway to know from the questions they ask as to what they are considering you for?

Thank you @Newsies!! You are so sweet to remember :lovestruc

She just got done a little while ago! She said she felt it went perfect! Her recruiter had read her cover letter and referenced several things she said on there. Asked her why doing the DCP was so important to her. Talked to her about the roomie situation. Asked her about taking a semester off from school and how she felt about that. Asked her about watercraft, character attendant, attractions, merch and QS. Asked my dd how comfortable she was giving 'spiels'. DD got to talk about her theater background and esp in comedy theater and totally comfortable with spiels (she really wants JC or safaris!). I know there were some other small questions...having a valid DL, having a boat license, comfort with heights (monorail or skyliner??), can't remember any others. My dd asked her a few questions and then I think they finished up. About 20'ish mins.

The only question that my dd felt she couldn't answer great was that she had to say no that she doesn't have a boat license lol. Felt everything else was good :)

Does that all seem good? Is there anyway to know from the questions they ask as to what they are considering you for?

Good??? That seems like a GREAT interview! Tell her not to feel bad that she doesn't have a boat license, that is definitely not a problem! It's great that she was asked a variety of questions and got to talk for so long, my interview this year was only 13 minutes and I was nervous. If she felt it went well, it probably did. From my end, everything you described checked all the boxes.

Now comes the hard part, which is the post-PI final decision waiting!

Good??? That seems like a GREAT interview! Tell her not to feel bad that she doesn't have a boat license, that is definitely not a problem! It's great that she was asked a variety of questions and got to talk for so long, my interview this year was only 13 minutes and I was nervous. If she felt it went well, it probably did. From my end, everything you described checked all the boxes.

Now comes the hard part, which is the post-PI final decision waiting!
Thank you! That is exciting to hear!! She did feel very good about the interview, thought her recruiter was super nice and my dd said she could tell she liked her. My dd sent a thank you note to her through the support email so hopefully she gets that.

Also, I thought it was interesting. We've read a lot online that the recruiters don't read cover letters so don't bother including one but the recruiter had clearly read it and referenced it a couple times when they first started talking.

The waiting is hard....!!

Congratulations to your daughter. It all sounds very good to me. Keep in mind they may keep her waiting until the very end and at this point it's all dependent on what Disney needs at the moment. Best of luck to her!

Also, I thought it was interesting. We've read a lot online that the recruiters don't read cover letters so don't bother including one but the recruiter had clearly read it and referenced it a couple times when they first started talking.

The most commonly believed theory right now is that while a computer scans and facilitates the first two parts of the DCP application process, it's up to the discretion of the interview partners during the phone interview to open or view any additional documents. I attached a Cover Letter and Resume the first time I applied (2016) which was never referenced in my phone interview, so I haven't attached one since. I guess it depends on your interview partner-- in her case, it looks like attaching a Cover Letter was a great idea!

My dd got an offer today!!!!!!! Third time was a charm!! She got QSFB, which wasn’t the role she was hoping for, but who cares?? She gets to go for the Mouse!!!

YAY!!!! So happy this story has a happy ending!!!!! Can't wait to see her this Spring!!!!!

Thank you!!! She chose Jan 21 as a check in date. Do you know if that can be changed or is it set once you hit submit?

My dd got an offer today!!!!!!! Third time was a charm!! She got QSFB, which wasn’t the role she was hoping for, but who cares?? She gets to go work for the Mouse!!!

Congatulations!!! I hope you'll keep us updated on how everything goes for her!

Thank you!!! She chose Jan 21 as a check in date. Do you know if that can be changed or is it set once you hit submit?

As long as there are dates open, she'll have the ability to change it for at least a few weeks. Because of my role this program, I don't have the option to change my date, so I don't know when exactly DORMS will revoke everyone's privilege to change dates, so I would make sure she's confident in her dates if she has an option!

My dd got an offer today!!!!!!! Third time was a charm!! She got QSFB, which wasn’t the role she was hoping for, but who cares?? She gets to go work for the Mouse!!!

Woohoo! She will enjoy it and have an amazing experience!

As long as there are dates open, she'll have the ability to change it for at least a few weeks. Because of my role this program, I don't have the option to change my date, so I don't know when exactly DORMS will revoke everyone's privilege to change dates, so I would make sure she's confident in her dates if she has an option!
Do I remember right that you have character attendant? Just curious why you cannot change your check in date? I'm really just curious...Are you more likely to get a role like character attendant or attractions on a second CP?

I think my dd is going to have a great experience with QS. I know it's not really a popular role and it seemed like lots may have been complaining on twitter to Christy today. WHich is sad. Tons of kids are still waiting to hear or sitting in AR (or worse, NLIC'ed) and they'd jump at the chance for a role in QS.

@720L Has your dd heard anything at all? Still hoping she sees some movement in her app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!