Any thoughts on my dd's app for Spring 2020?

Yes they say to not answer too many with neutral responses- also don't contradict yourself- there were lot of questions about leadership, working in a group, conflict resolution. Questions were like: In a group I usually take the lead- vs. When I am in a group I let others take charge. I do think it tell you right away that you have passed.

When you take the WBI, do you immediately know if you've passed and can do a PI or is there a waiting period again?

Yes. Once you finish with your WBI, you will immediately be told whether you're NLIC from this point or can schedule your PI.

There really isn't a ton of advice I can give in regards to the WBI, other posters have it pretty much covered! You're correct in saying it's better to click "Strongly Agree" or "Strongly Disagree" than "neutral" for most questions. There's a multiple-choice section that can get pretty tricky, though! There's an infamous question about a boy who hits his thumb with a hammer, and nobody is quite sure how to answer it 😂

Fantastic news! I sat with my daughter while she did the WBI as her coach. Since each question is timed, I was often reminding her to "just choose an answer, and hurry before you get timed out!" My daughter also said she had heard to answer most questions as "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" with only very few more neutral answers, so that's how she did. Good luck to your daughter. Please come back tomorrow and give us the good news!! And remember, whatever role she gets, it will be fantastic!

Yes. Once you finish with your WBI, you will immediately be told whether you're NLIC from this point or can schedule your PI.

There really isn't a ton of advice I can give in regards to the WBI, other posters have it pretty much covered! You're correct in saying it's better to click "Strongly Agree" or "Strongly Disagree" than "neutral" for most questions. There's a multiple-choice section that can get pretty tricky, though! There's an infamous question about a boy who hits his thumb with a hammer, and nobody is quite sure how to answer it 😂
:rotfl: What the heck!?!

What are the multiple choice questions asking about? This feels like it should be easy-peasy and we shouldn't be stressing so much but I guess it's taken so long to actually get to this point, that I'm terrified she will fail it.

Yes they say to not answer too many with neutral responses- also don't contradict yourself- there were lot of questions about leadership, working in a group, conflict resolution. Questions were like: In a group I usually take the lead- vs. When I am in a group I let others take charge. I do think it tell you right away that you have passed.
Okay, your example of the questions made me think about my dd. She is friendly, outgoing, responsible, reliable, hard worker, etc...lots of great qualities...but she is not going to be the first person to jump up and be the leader in a group. If no one else does or wants to, she would agree to lead but it's not her first reaction. So, does she answer the example question you gave with a 'strongly disagree' for taking the lead in a group or is that gonna get her NLIC'ed real fast?

Fantastic news! I sat with my daughter while she did the WBI as her coach. Since each question is timed, I was often reminding her to "just choose an answer, and hurry before you get timed out!" My daughter also said she had heard to answer most questions as "strongly agree" or "strongly disagree" with only very few more neutral answers, so that's how she did. Good luck to your daughter. Please come back tomorrow and give us the good news!! And remember, whatever role she gets, it will be fantastic!
I'm planning to sit with my dd too! Not sure I knew it was timed. Yikes!!

I will definitely update y'all!! The support here has been awesome!

I'm planning to sit with my dd too! Not sure I knew it was timed. Yikes!!

I will definitely update y'all!! The support here has been awesome!
It was a lot of questions and many are repeated with slightly different wording, so be consistent. I recall one section for sure was timed with 20 seconds to answer each question. As soon as it is done, if you "pass", she will get an invitation for a phone interview. After that, she will have to wait until they send the next wave of acceptances.
My daughter had her phone interview on Sept 5th and got accepted into the program last week!
Best of luck to your daughter.

It was a lot of questions and many are repeated with slightly different wording, so be consistent. I recall one section for sure was timed with 20 seconds to answer each question. As soon as it is done, if you "pass", she will get an invitation for a phone interview. After that, she will have to wait until they send the next wave of acceptances.
My daughter had her phone interview on Sept 5th and got accepted into the program last week!
Best of luck to your daughter.
Thank you!!! Congrats to your dd! What role did she get?

Yay for @wendow DD!!
It's ok for a few to be neutral or mild agree/disagree-but yeah be consistent.
Fingers crossed it goes well and progresses to phone interview!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! My dd got a WBI today!!!!! She was in class and I saw the email come through. I texted her to check her dashboard and she had to leave class b/c she just started crying. Happy tears though! So happy she finally got to this point!

Any one else's dd catch the WBI wave today??

That's awesome!!!! So happy to hear this...there's hope for our awesome daughters who happen to live at home!!! :D Can't wait to hear how the WBI goes tomorrow!

She passed the WBI!!! Thanks for all the tips!! We’re both sitting here crying waiting for the email to schedule the PI!

I am SO thrilled to hear this!!! Make sure she looks up "DCP Phone Interview ____ Questions" for the roles she put "High Interest" in! Most of these questions haven't changed in a long time, so she's bound to get asked one or two questions she's seen online. Writing out notecards was helpful for me, but making sure the phone interviewer can hear how excited she is over the phone is really important! I also recommend trying to ask a question at the end of the interviewer. I've always asked my interviewer if they could tell me how they got started with the Walt Disney Company, thanking them for sharing their story and taking the time to speak to you is a great note to end things on!

I am SO thrilled to hear this!!! Make sure she looks up "DCP Phone Interview ____ Questions" for the roles she put "High Interest" in! Most of these questions haven't changed in a long time, so she's bound to get asked one or two questions she's seen online. Writing out notecards was helpful for me, but making sure the phone interviewer can hear how excited she is over the phone is really important! I also recommend trying to ask a question at the end of the interviewer. I've always asked my interviewer if they could tell me how they got started with the Walt Disney Company, thanking them for sharing their story and taking the time to speak to you is a great note to end things on!
Thank you! Her interview is Friday so she’ll be researching and rehearsing until then lol!!

She passed the WBI!!! Thanks for all the tips!! We’re both sitting here crying waiting for the email to schedule the PI!

Congrats to her! I have been reading the thread just for fun and so happy she has made it this far. My DD 26 did a professional internship in 2014 and remember the feeling as a mom hoping she’d get in. Fast forward to today, and she is now the assistant manager for marketing for Disney Theater in NYC. So good things come to those with persistence and a love for all Disney!

Congrats to her! I have been reading the thread just for fun and so happy she has made it this far. My DD 26 did a professional internship in 2014 and remember the feeling as a mom hoping she’d get in. Fast forward to today, and she is now the assistant manager for marketing for Disney Theater in NYC. So good things come to those with persistence and a love for all Disney!
Thanks so much for the support and encouragement! My dd would like to go on to do a professional internship as well and someday work for the company. How neat for your dd!!! What a great job!

Congrats to your daughter! My son had a successful WBI at the end of August, and then had a quick turnaround to do the PI. He found out days later that he was accepted and got a role in attractions. He recorded his end of the interview and made a vlog out of it. I don't know if this will be any help, but maybe it will help her know what questions might come up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!