• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Tech Moderators or picture people out there?????

RaySharpton

Retired and going to Disney.
I need someone's help to find the url or code to a santa picture in my e-mail.

Ray

<font color=navy>Hi Ray,

You lost me -- is the code in your email, or you'd like one?

The way I read it, he got an email that has a Santa image in it and he would like to find the url, possibly to use it here. Just my guess.

That's right, Bob. And thank you Mary Jo. The problem is that I want to post the picture and not the e-mail itself.

I will send the e-mail to both of you. Could you please show me the code or what ever the word is as a clickable clipart.

I want the santa picture to use as a correct size clipart in my signature and I also want the reader to be able to click on it for a full size picture.

Thank you in advance, Ray

I can't see your e-mail. I can't transfer my e-mail to your e-mail box. Could anyone that can help me e-mail me so that I can forward my e-mail with my picture.

Ray, since the E-mail had an image, I'm assuming it's HTML.

If you're familiar with HTML and know a little of what you're looking for, you can get look for the URL in the source code. It may take some hunting.

Using IE, open the E-mail, click on File, Properties, select the Details tab, then click Message Source. This will show you the HTML code. You can follow through the code until you find the spot where the image is being shown. The URL will show there.

Remember, it's really not proper to link to someone else's site without permission, so if you want to use it you really need to get an OK.

Another choice is you could just copy it. Right click on the image, and then save it. You could then put it on a site you control (web page, etc) and link to it there. Again, you really should have permission to use someone else's graphic.

Thank you caskill.

I don't have that on webtv. And when we were taking pictures yesterday at the neonatal Intensive care unit, the mom took this picture and gave me permission to post this cute picture of me holding their twins in their first Santa picture. She had a digital camera.

We use polaroids at work to make surprise cards for the 80 to 100 babies for Christmas day.

I've tried every thing for the past four hours without luck.

This is so frustrating

Hey, follow up....just found a quicker way to do it.

Open your E-mail. Use your mouse and select the entire document (from top left corner to bottom right corner). Copy this (either File-Copy, or Ctrl-C)

Start a new blank e-mail. Click in the message area to set the cursor position, and then paste. (File-paste or Ctrl-V)

You now have an editable copy of the original e-mail. Now right click on the image, and select properties from the pop up menu. The URL will show.

Thank you Caskbill. My WebTV doen't use a mouse nor a properties icon. I will try to copy and send an e-mail to myself.

Starting on 5 hours on working on this. I wish that it wasn't so late.

Ray, I'm not real familiar with Web-TV. Did the photo come as an attachment?

I'm presuming you can forward the E-mail directly (not going through the DIS E-mail system). I will send you my Regular e-mail address and you can try to forward your copy. I'll see what I can do.

Bill

Thank Bill,

I just forwarded the e-mail to you. It's not an attachment. Just a picture.

Hi Ray, got your e-mail just fine. Cute photo. It is an attachment, a simple .jpg file. My guess is that on your system, the attachment photo is automatically embedded into the e-mail when displayed.

I've sent you an e-mail with options on where we can go from here.

Bill

here's a signature sized one, Ray. I have to say, that's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. :D

&#91img]http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/techca2/SantaRaysig.jpg&#91/img]

SantaRaysig.jpg

Here's a larger one. :)

&#91img]http://www.wdwinfo.com/sites/techca2/SantaRay5.jpg&#91/img]

SantaRay5.jpg

Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!
Thank you !!!!!!

Thank you LisaTX and Bill and Bob and Mary Jo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, Ray. I love your enthusiasm. :D You know we all love to help. That's why we all hang out here. :)

<font color=navy>I'm sooo glad Lisa and the others here could help you out, Ray! :)

The picture is truly adorable, and you look like a wonderful Santa!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter