any suggestions for TWO yr old TRIPLETS at WDW???

jphillips_3

Earning My Ears
We are bringing our two year old triplets to WDW for 10 days in October. We are taking grandma with to help. We have airfare already. We are thinking two adjoining rooms as ASM. Any and all suggestions to make this trip go smoothly are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
Julie P.

REST! NAPS! SENSE OF HUMOUR! Have a blast! S

Be prepared to ride Dumbo numerous times, it was my 2 1/2 yr olds favorite ride. Strollers, and man to man defense, meaning make each adult in charge of a certain kid and make sure they both know who is paired up. It should be much easier knowing you have to keep your eye on a certain kid, rather than each thinking another is watching them and one wanders off.

Depending on how much your family values space and bathrooms, you may want to consider one room in the Contemporary Garden Wing, just because it's so close the MK, and I'm sure that's where you'll be spending most of your time. If each of the kids needs a crib, you'd be pretty cramped, but if they can sleep on one queen bed (with rails you can request), you may appreciate the proximity to MK more than the extra space you'd have in 2 rooms. I would request a 1st floor room, so that you can sit outside and read and enjoy the scenery during naps. Again, it just depends on what's important to you. That setup would probably drive some families nuts.

I would look into either the Contemporary as suggested, or check into staying at a DVC resort. You might try renting points on the Rent/Trade Boards. We took our twin DDs when they were 2-1/2 and stayed at Old Key West. (Before we joined DVC) It was wonderful to have all that room, a complete kitchen, VCR, and washer/dryer. Took our stroller so they were able to nap when they wanted, and took it easy.

In October, the parks aren't open as late as they are in summer, so you may be spending a fair amount of time in your room. Something else to take into consideration. My friend stayed at ASM with her parents and said the rooms were next to each other, but not adjoining - no door. Said she was constantly worried her ds was going to catch his finger in the door!

I would not personally want to stay in one room of any kind with 6 people especially with all of the gear (strollers, toys etc.) that toddlers require. Two rooms at an All Star resort would work although there may be other better options.

You might consider looking into the FW Cabins. This would give you a full kitchen and a separate sleeping area as well. The kids would enjoy the proximity to the petting zoo etc. and the boat to MK is easy and convenient. My aunt and her family stayed in the cabins last fall and had a great AP rate so you might check on that.

I would also think that renting DVC points would be a good idea but you will need a 2 bedroom (max occupancy of a studio or 1 bedroom is only 4 plus 1 infant under 3) and the points for this may be too high to make this a good option. VWL would probably be your best choice due to its proximity to MK if this is something you want to consider.

Good luck and I hope all of you have a great vacation!

My friend stayed at ASM with her parents and said the rooms were next to each other, but not adjoining - no door.

They were adjoining rooms. Adjoining just means they are rooms next to each other - with no door between. If you want 2 rooms that are next to each other and have a door that lets you go from room to room without going outside, then you need to ask for connecting rooms.
If you get connecting rooms, it's a good idea to have a child proof way to keep the doors open and keep a key to the other room in each room. I don't know exactly how to describe this, but there are 2 doors in the same doorway. Each door only has a doorknob on one side and both doors have to be open to move from room to room. So, if I am in one room and have my door open and you are in the other room with your door closed - I will see a door without a door knob and have no way to get into that room unless someone in the room will open the door.

We went with a two year old and a three year old.

#1 suggestion - Have at least as many adults as children.

#2 suggestion - Do Fantasyland in the Magic Kingdom as soon as the gates open - you will get more done in the first two hours (including Dumbo) than the rest of the day. You will be looking at pulling out of the MK about 11 am for naps - then play evenings by ear.

#3 suggestion - Try and put the kids on the outside of the rides, so they can see.

#4 suggestion - don't be afraid to use leashes or harnesses. There will be a point where at least one adult needs to use the bathroom and you'll be on zone defense. If one of the kids darts into the crowd - it will be the worst five minutes of your life until he is found again. Just tie 'em up.;)

Go slow, have reasonable expectations, and TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!

If you do stay at the All Stars, I would plan on using your car to go everywhere except MK. The buses are really a pain in the neck, and at the rest of the parks the bus stops are almost as far away as the parking lots. If you take your car you and your kids will all be guaranteed seats. You'll also have plenty of room for your strollers, and won't be rushed to get them folded up, on board the bus, and squashed into whatever little bit of space you can find.

We've had connecting (NOT ADJOINING, as previously stated) rooms at the All Stars before, and it worked out fine.

If you get connecting rooms, it's a good idea to have a child proof way to keep the doors open and keep a key to the other room in each room.

If you go to Babies R Us (probably Toys R Us too) they have these finger pinch door guards that are very inexpensive (about $2) that are big and foamy and you can put them high up on the door and it can't be shut. As an added bonus, it keeps the door from slamming in a breeze and thus prevents nap-wake-up (horrible condition ;) )

I think you would enjoy the ASMo with three so little. They would love all the Disney decorations and have a lot of areas of play in. ASMo has a cool kiddie pool that would be just there speed and they have a cool playground if it's not too hot for that. The connecting room sounds like a winner and would even give you some options if two adults wanted to go out while the triplets were asleep.
We do love the bus service from ASMo and have used it many time. I do agree however that the big triple stoller would be a nightmare on it. If someone handicaped was waiting for the bus and the handicap space was the only place your stoller fit, you may have to wait for another bus. With umbrella stollers however, I would at least give the bus a try. Another option might be to rent a double stroller in the park IF the children will not be sleeping in the stroller. Some of the doubles are big enough to hold all three two year olds. This would only work well if you all plan to stay together and the children are not too heavy in case you have to carry them back to the bus or from the bus to your room. A 1:1 ratio will help alot!
Even though MK might be the obvious favorite park, be sure and hit them all. There is something(in fact a lot) for toddlers at all four parks. Enjoy those babies!!

Jordan's mom

I don't have any new advice but I wanted to wish you a great trip. Triplets must be alot of work!

Of the previous advice, I think the most important are:
(1) "REST! NAPS! SENSE OF HUMOUR! Have a blast! "
(2) "TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!"

I hope all of you have a great trip. :p :p :p

Originally posted by ZPT1022

If you go to Babies R Us (probably Toys R Us too) they have these finger pinch door guards that are very inexpensive (about $2) that are big and foamy and you can put them high up on the door and it can't be shut. As an added bonus, it keeps the door from slamming in a breeze and thus prevents nap-wake-up (horrible condition ;) )

You can also just drape a hand towel over the top of the door, the kids can't reach it and it produces the same effect....for free! :)

If someone handicaped was waiting for the bus and the handicap space was the only place your stoller fit, you may have to wait for another bus.

When there is not a wheelchair or ecv on the bus, there is a seat in that space. The bus driver needs to fold up the seat to make space for a wheelchair. They won't fold up the seat to put a stroller there no matter how big the stroller is.

You can also just drape a hand towel over the top of the door, the kids can't reach it and it produces the same effect....for free!
We tried that once when we had connecting rooms and the towel wasn't think enough, the door could still shut. So, I'd try it out before relying on it.

All you have to do is tape the latches. Stuff a paper napkin in the hole behind the strike plate, then put a wide piece of duct tape over it. It's too hard for a child that age to remove if you smooth it down carefully. If you are really concerned, you can cork the hinge side of the door; tape a wine cork in the jamb about the top hinge; it will prevent the door from closing and cushion the sound if the door slams.

Also, like connecting doors in most hotels, the ones in WDW resorts have deadbolts, and they are about 5 ft. from the floor.
If you throw the deadbolt when the door is open, the door will not shut all the way. Of course, you run a strong risk of the dreaded "draft slam" while using this method.

I personally always travel with a rubber doorstop wedge, just like a bellman carries. Handy little thing.

hi there, we are also going to disney in october with 2 yr old twins and 4 yr old. Also my dad and mother-in-law. We have decided on a hotel with suites. All of our kids are usually in bed by 8PM and my husband and I wouldlike alittle time to ourselves. We actually have not picked out a hotel for sure yet but are looking off disney, since there are so many choices. HIFS looks really good. Good luck, maybe we will run into you there, Ann

We went with 3 year old twin and 4 month old. I also took the twins as 2 year olds. First trip we did HIFS reasonable place nice size rooms convenient breakfast and good room service. Draw back is off site. Last 2 trips with the gang we did Poly conceige. Really great you cant beat the transportation to MK plus having breakfast, soda juice boxes, chocolate milk, water bottles and snacks made it cost effective for us especially with the great codes. I had also found out you can request a high chair for the room and a VCR - movies can be checked out for free at conceige staff desks really was great. We also ordered room service when the kids were tired out popped in a movie and switched off on who went out in the evening and who stayed with the kids. The zero entry pool is also great for toddlers. Bring the squishy things for the doors - a life saver for us - unfortunately my boys are great at working together when they want to get into or around something they want. It amazes me what they can accomplish together. Bring your own strollers big plus. I bring a double that can handle three in a pinch and a single umbrella with top. Have a great time.

Hi- we went last year with our twin girls who were 10 months at the time- we are going again this October when they will be 22 mos. We stay at OKW and it is great - it has a washer/dryer right in the room and a full kitchen which helps with feeding in the mornings and middle of the night snacks. It also has room for everyone to relax without getting on each other's nerves. We brought my parents along and got a two-bedroom and it worked out really well. Hope it all works out -

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter