Any suggestions for grocery stop?

Familyof6

Mouseketeer
We'll be arriving in Orlando next week and I've arranged for a grocery stop so I can pick up breakfast items and snacks. What are some suggestions of things to get? I plan on getting peanut butter and jelly and bread. Probably some bottled water for the parks. Some fresh fruit. What else? I'd rather grab a quick breakfast in the room while we're all getting ready than to try to get ready and get anywhere to eat before hitting the parks! We'd waste our extra magic hour eating. ;)

Oh, and I plan to bring a collapsible cooler with me.

I'd love to hear what you've done for grocery stops.

I'm getting so excited but I can't show it! The kids don't know we're going!

Lisa :D

Here's just a few ideas:

non-perishable

granola bars
juice boxes
raisins
pretzels
apple sauce tubes
dry cereal

perishable (should be ok in a cooler w/ lots of ice)

go-gurts
cheese sticks

Have a geat trip!! We'll be there next week also.

ALSO....

muffins
poptarts
bagles
can soft drinks
fruit snacks

There is a toaster in the food courts if the resort your are staying at has one that you can use if your kids, like mine ,will only eat the pop tarts toasted. We aslo take pringel chips (they won't crush) and sometimes get just a sandwich from the food court for a late dinner and add chips, drink and a cookie from our room to save time and money.

Jordan's mom

These are wonderful suggestions! We are staying at the Contemporary. I don't know if it has a place to toast items that you provide. Does anyone know? I'm getting ready to make my list. :D

Thanks for your help!

Goldfish, fruit snacks, raisins, packs of crackers (like Lance P.B. cheese or Cheese on Wheat, something like that), Capri Sun juice bags, cereal (and ziploc bags so you can take it with you for snacks), apple sauce in cups, Dole fruit bowls, fresh fruit, granola bars, Nutrigrain bars, any of the new cereal and milk bars and special K bars...

That's all I can think of!

I like to buy a can of powdered juice, like Tang, or Kool-Aid. I just put it in a water bottle or old Powerade bottle and shake. Doesn't take up as much room as juice boxes.

I won't make any suggestions as to what to buy, but as for where , I would strongly suggest that, if you have a rental car, head over to I-Drive or Kissimmee and go to Publix rather than shop at the Goodings off of Hotel Plaza Blvd or at any of the other onsite convenience stores. Your wallet will thank you.

(You might want to go into Goodings, though, just for grins. They do have a great selection of specialty items (exotic fruit, sushi, champagne, etc.), but if you want to pick up a pack of Pampers you'll probably pay three times regular retail. )

Location, location, location . . . .

We are taking a limo from the airport. They said they stop at Publix. I'll double check that. The last time I requested a grocery stop, we went to Albertson's. I had heard that Goodings was expensive. The last time was a special trip and I didn't need much in the way of food...we were staying concierge! ;) This time it's a smaller budget trip...I need to stock up on cheap food to eat in the hotel! :p
Thanks for all the help! These are great suggestions.
Another question (that I'll also post on the resort board) I just found out that dd will be on meds while we are there...and they need to be kept refrigerated. I know there was some discussion that for medically necessity they would give you a fridge...then I think I heard, no matter what, you have to rent. Does anyone know how the Contemporary handles this?
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter