Any speculation or rumors on how AP's will work with opening of Epic Universe?

disneygrandma

Mickey Fan
I'm wondering if current AP holders have had any experience on what happens to AP's when a new park opens. Was there just an up charge to add the new park? What about renewing your AP? Did you receive discounts for renewing, but also adding the new park to your AP? Will it matter if the purchase is on Flex Pay, whether or not I would receive the biggest discounts, if applicable?

Any rumors or experience on when the ticketing will be announced ahead of the new park opening?

I'm considering purchasing a Preferred Pass now with the 3 months additional. The AP will be activated Memorial weekend this year when we arrive. That means it will be good until the end of August 2025. So that has me thinking about what would happen to my AP when the new park opens.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Thank you

Most likely nothing - it will continue to be good for the two parks (or three if you buy the three park) they are good for now.

You will most likely be able to upgrade to whatever new APs there are to include Epic, and pay the difference, but most likely it wont be worth it as you have to pay the upgrade for the full year even if its only going to give you a day or two.

They may offer a discount on Epic tickets, but I would not expect much more than that.

Will be interesting to see what they offer for APs when Epic opens.

But its all pure speculation at this point.

There's a rumor that Universal's AP won't include EU at all and there won't be an option to upgrade, at least for the first year or two. If anything you'd get a discount on tickets. But needless to say I wouldn't buy an AP with the expectation to use it at EU.

Some posters are hopimg existing AP might be invited to be part of a preview, possibly with a small discount off the daily price of EU admission

I wouldn't expect much. As mentioned rumor is current AP ight get a discount on daily tickets to Epic but the pass will not work for the park. It is expected to be packed as is without a large group of people able to come and go whenever they want to, so from a crown control aspect it makes sense.
Also, I'm not sure you can really look to the parks history as IoA's opening would be the only thing to look back on for how they did it in the past, but that was over 20 years ago and Universal was much less popular than it is now.

Some posters are hopimg existing AP might be invited to be part of a preview, possibly with a small discount off the daily price of EU admission
Yeah I would not be surprised if there was a preview - maybe during appreciation month.
I wouldn't expect much. As mentioned rumor is current AP ight get a discount on daily tickets to Epic but the pass will not work for the park. It is expected to be packed as is without a large group of people able to come and go whenever they want to, so from a crown control aspect it makes sense.
Also, I'm not sure you can really look to the parks history as IoA's opening would be the only thing to look back on for how they did it in the past, but that was over 20 years ago and Universal was much less popular than it is now.
I'm not sure there has been an theme park opening in the United States this big in a very long time, maybe WDW Florida in 71?

I don't recall Epcot, MGM or AK being all that big deal, but maybe they were.

With Social Media, "Influencers" and the internet in general its all going to be much more crazy now, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter