• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Special Needs families coming in the next year?

MommytoMJM

Disney is a lifestyle!
We are a local special needs family who go to Disney often (once or twice a week) We would like to meet up with other families who are coming to WDW. I know this isn't the place for trip meets Sue, but no one is responding to my ones in the Meets area :( Anyway, if anyone is coming in the next year, we have AP's and really love to go to the parks. My daughter and I are both disabled and she doesn't often get to be with other children (a lot of "typical" kids don't like to play with her since she isn't at their leve :( ) so we are hoping that maybe we can do some fun stuff with other families while they are here!

I know that we will be there this Friday (4-1) for sure and many other Fridays and Saturdays.

It's OK.
You might get better response here.
We'll be going in April, but most of the time, we will be with family we are meeting there.

Hi! We aren't going until January unfortunately.

How great that you get to go so often. I am very jealous right now! :flower:

Sandra

MommytoMJM said:
We are a local special needs family who go to Disney often (once or twice a week) We would like to meet up with other families who are coming to WDW. I know this isn't the place for trip meets Sue, but no one is responding to my ones in the Meets area :( Anyway, if anyone is coming in the next year, we have AP's and really love to go to the parks. My daughter and I are both disabled and she doesn't often get to be with other children (a lot of "typical" kids don't like to play with her since she isn't at their leve :( ) so we are hoping that maybe we can do some fun stuff with other families while they are here!

I know that we will be there this Friday (4-1) for sure and many other Fridays and Saturdays.

Hi Mom-I am Evil Queen, EQ, or better yet...Lisa.

My son is 9, my other two boys will be 23 and 22 (let's leave them out...lol).

We are planning a trip (hopefully early Sept). Let's talk and see if we can arrange something....

But I would like some info up front (don't flame me please-put I don't want to arrange a meeting that won't work for either family).

You daughter's age? Grade? Special needs (my son has his own too). But I would like to discuss this....why not? Is WaterParks out of the question for your child? Is DTD out?

My child and I LOVE people, ALL people, but I need to think of his vacation too. But hey who knows these great Moms can plan!!!

SandrainNC said:
Hi! We aren't going until January unfortunately.

How great that you get to go so often. I am very jealous right now! :flower:

Sandra

We will still have our passes then!!! Let's meet up if you like!

Evil Queen said:
Hi Mom-I am Evil Queen, EQ, or better yet...Lisa.

My son is 9, my other two boys will be 23 and 22 (let's leave them out...lol).

We are planning a trip (hopefully early Sept). Let's talk and see if we can arrange something....

But I would like some info up front (don't flame me please-put I don't want to arrange a meeting that won't work for either family).

You daughter's age? Grade? Special needs (my son has his own too). But I would like to discuss this....why not? Is WaterParks out of the question for your child? Is DTD out?

My child and I LOVE people, ALL people, but I need to think of his vacation too. But hey who knows these great Moms can plan!!!

Hiya Lisa!!!

My dd is 4. She has Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (causes some autisitic like tendencies), Cerebral Palsy (hemiplegic, mild), Sensory Integration Disorder (also causes some autistic type behaviors), a g-tube for feeding, a pretty severe speech delay, and possible Spina Bifida occulta.

She is a really outgoing kid, loves other ppl, especially kids. She is homeschooled. She can do the kiddie area at water parks, but not much else so we haven't been to them yet. We love DTD.

The real biggie is that she doesn't do fireworks...but maybe she will be better about that by the time you come (I hope, I wanna do fireworks again, waaahhhh) Sigh.....

I am also disabled....I have Fibromyalgia and Arthritis. If it is just me, her and DH she is usually in my lap in my chair, but she has her own chair if someone would be willing to push her... We are also working on a way to daisy chain our chairs together like a double stroller.

We love to meet others!!!

PS I NEVER flame ppl for being upfront about diabilities!! It is important to know. For example, MJ loves to touch and hug, so if another child doesn't like to be touched, we need to know that and see if we can work around it! I am GLAD you asked!!!

I hope it works out that we can meet!

We will still have our passes then!!! Let's meet up if you like!

When it gets closer to the time and we can actually make our plans (I hate waiting on those hours to be released!) we'll see about meeting up. It will be me, my DH and my SIL plus my son. He will be 5 by then. Ryan has Down syndrome. I don't know how he would react to the touching. He is a bit of a loner at school. One little girl hugs all over him quite a bit and eventually he just tries to get away or starts whining. :)

Sandra

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter