Any rumors on DVC AP discounts for Mickey's 90th Birthday?

uramr

Jsdisneymom
We are planning to buy DVC APs for our trip in March but have been waiting to see if there are any specials that come out to celebrate Mickey's Bday. With the possible AP price increase with the new tiered ticket price coming next month, should I buy them now?

Thank you!!

I would say there's a high probability of an AP price increase given the hike in single and multi day tickets. Safer to buy them before October 16.. even though they typically don't raise prices until February.

I hate not knowing what will happen. I was going to wait until November to buy APs but the thought of the price going up makes me think I should do it before 10/16.

Do they normally give advance notice when the AP's price increases? I am also looking at purchasing the DVC AP so trying to make sure I do so before any price increase happens. We are not going until Sept 2019, but will go ahead and purchase if needed.

Do they normally give advance notice when the AP's price increases? I am also looking at purchasing the DVC AP so trying to make sure I do so before any price increase happens. We are not going until Sept 2019, but will go ahead and purchase if needed.

IIRC, when they announced the increased pricing in Feb 2018, the announcement came the day of. No prior warning from Disney, but there were rumors circulating on the Dis. We decided to get the DVC APs for next year before Oct 16th, just in case.

I think it is very unlikely that any "extra" promotions are going to be offered for APs that might possibly cover Star Wars' opening, and an AP that starts next March will be in that window.

With SWGE on the horizon, the only doscounting I see happening is DVCMC discounting how members would rather not see a price hike on APs or increased blackout dates/restrictions for dates/parks.

The parks and resorts are their cash cow. And Disney won’t give away the milk when there are people lining up to pay (even more) for it.

If we buy a Platinum AP now, before a potential increase on Oct. 16, and then they do offer a discount or extra months, could we get that deal if we haven't activated the AP yet?

If we buy a Platinum AP now, before a potential increase on Oct. 16, and then they do offer a discount or extra months, could we get that deal if we haven't activated the AP yet?
Yes, you could. We have an AP we bought a few years back that just stays on our MagicBands and is not yet activated when we got the chance to renew at a good rate. Before we used our renewed APs, we made a trip to Guest Services to make sure our "renewed" pass was the one that would be used through the turnstyles and we had no problems.

Just wondering if anyone has heard yet regarding any special DVC AP discounts coming up. Need to purchase AP soon for DD so she can make fastpasses at the 60 day mark.
Thank you

I'd also love to see a discount, or a the Florida Residents Weekday AP, extended to DVC members. Otherwise, this may be my last AP-bought my first one in 2002, but I just can't see going for that many days a year for the future, so I may be going back to the "regular" tickets.

I'd also love to see a discount, or a the Florida Residents Weekday AP, extended to DVC members. Otherwise, this may be my last AP-bought my first one in 2002, but I just can't see going for that many days a year for the future, so I may be going back to the "regular" tickets.
What’s scary, now, is how few days it takes to break even with a DVC Gold AP if you can take 2 trips in 366 days.

Base 3-day tickets are now up to the $311-$364 range ... which is basically half the $648 cost of the Gold AP.

Does anyone know if they've ever offered a discount on the Premier Passport? I wish they would since the DLR pass discount is not great, and we've opted for the Premier Passport several times because it's the best value for us.

Dont expect any discounts for the 90 birthday celebration but do expect annual pass prices to go up they do every year

What’s scary, now, is how few days it takes to break even with a DVC Gold AP if you can take 2 trips in 366 days.

Base 3-day tickets are now up to the $311-$364 range ... which is basically half the $648 cost of the Gold AP.

This low price difference worries me because I think it means that APs will have big increases in 2019.

I'm sure it's quite possible, but, do you think they'll jack the AP prices up again in Feb 2019??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter