• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any rug hookers out there?

jipsy

My plan of Carrie is working perfectly...<font col
I entered a cross-stitch piece last year in a craft show. I didn't win LOL but while I was there, I saw many people into rug hooking. Alot of them make rugs using strips of fabric. But there was this one woman in the corner who did hers using yarn. The pile was very short, the scenes were very beautiful and they looked like oriental rugs - they were so pretty. Every time I would go to her booth, she would be gone somewhere, so I never found out her method. Do any of you do this type of rug hooking?

I found an example:

theladies.jpg

She was doing rugs like this - so beautiful!

Here's the site:

http://www.rughookingonline.com

Not me, but I would love to try it one day! :) That is a beautiful picture.

I did a search a year or so ago on rug hooking to see if there were any kits out there. The ones I found were not my taste and were pretty expensive.

Do you have any more information on this? I guess I should follow the link you posted, d'oh!:p It just seems like it would be a cool hobby (another thing I could start and never finish, ha ha ha!) ;)

Thanks, Jipsy! (p.s. that is a wicked cool screen name!) ;)

TigH did you go to that site? Those rugs are amazing. Some of the scenes look like paintings instead of rugs.

LOL on my screen name. When I first got online many moons ago, I discovered chat rooms through my Prodigy connection. I was listening to Fleetwood Mac at the time I was trying to choose a screen name so I picked Gypsy, only it was taken already. I just decided to spell it differently LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter