• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any restaurants that accommodate food allergies at Boardwalk?

krisplus4

Earning My Ears
My 1 year old son has multiple food allergies (milk, egg, peanut, soy, etc), and we are planning a stay at the Boardwalk. Anyone have experience with restaurants on the premises? Also, we are planning on cooking some meals in. Are the kitchens stocked with griddles, etc.? Are there any markets nearby (Whole Foods, health stores, etc) where we would be able to purchase rice milk and other staples?
Thanks for any advice.
Kris

Call the restaurant directly, to speak with the chef about your special requests. They will be more than happy to work with you.

Check with management where you are staying about your kitchen questions.

There have been several posts to the Dining Boards about natural and health food stores; try a search or post your query there. www.wegoshop.com is an independent delivery service, which will track done your requests and delivery to your resort.

I've got food allergies and Spoodles was great about them.

And just a short walk away the Yacht Club Galley is casual and family friendly and were WONDERFUL about my allergies.

When you say griddle I'm assuming you mean a fry pan, yes, they have those, plus pots, dishes, etc. if you are in a 1 Bedroom or larger. There are no "cooking" facilities in a studio except a microwave, coffeemaker and toaster.

As far as Whole Foods, there's one in Winter Park, but that's a haul from WDW, got to be a good 45 minutes if you don't hit traffic.

Anne

I have found all of the sit down retaurants to be awesome about allergies....I had a chef come talk to me at the 50's prime time cafe about mine, it was great, I have never had such good service!

I have stayed at the BWV many times with my DD5 who is allergic to peanuts. I have found the chefs at the Flying Fish especially helpful. I would, however, avoid the ESPN Zone -- they didn't seem to take my questions seriously and weren't able to answer them.

Have a safe trip,
DVCDawn ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter