Any recommended “course/path” to train near DL?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Hi
I’m heading to DL on the weekend of Oct 13 and my training for the HM includes a 9M run that weekend..
Is it safe to run around the park say from 5am to 7am? Or is there a recommended trail nearby?
Or should I stick to treadmill at hotel?
Thanks!

Last time I was there I just ran laps up and down harbor between ball & katella. Once the esplanade opened, I ran over to Disneyland dr and around those resorts. Others may tell you that the area is unsafe so use your best judgement and take advantage of that treadmill if you prefer.

I used to run this loop: Disneyland Dr - Ball - Harbor - Katella. I think one loop is close to 3 miles. Harbor gets really crowded starting around 7:30am and there's basically no where to run in the street (no bike lane/shoulder). Also be mindful of the freeway entrances/exits on Ball an Harbor.

I never felt unsafe running that loop, especially Disneyland Dr. There are typically homeless people around the 7-eleven at the corner of Katella and Harbor and also at the bus stop on Harbor. Just be aware of your surroundings and give everyone a respectful distance.

There's a bike path around Angel Stadium (Santa Ana River Trail) but I've never run it.

I never felt unsafe running that loop, especially Disneyland Dr. There are typically homeless people around the 7-eleven at the corner of Katella and Harbor and also at the bus stop on Harbor. Just be aware of your surroundings and give everyone a respectful distance.
Same here. If you venture over by the stadium, downtown Orange isn't far and has decent sidewalks and such. I had a friend who used to live there. They filmed That Thing You Do there!

Hi
I’m heading to DL on the weekend of Oct 13 and my training for the HM includes a 9M run that weekend..
Is it safe to run around the park say from 5am to 7am? Or is there a recommended trail nearby?
Or should I stick to treadmill at hotel?
Thanks!
I've run in the same areas others have mentioned, going as far south as Orangewood (south of the Convention Center). There are a bunch of homeless people on Harbor, but they seemed to leave me alone and I left them alone. I was a little nervous to run in that area at those times, but I would do it again. Just be a little cautious.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter