Any recipes using pie filling but not for pies!

Sarah'sMomfrom PA

Welcomed Guest<br><font color=red>Mutters about dr
A friend of mine recently gave me loads of individual packets of pie filling in various flavors and I was looking for recipes using this pie filling in things other than pies. Any suggestions since I don't want to waste these? Thanks in advance.

My first thought was also the pie-molds. We love to make these with buttered bread (butter on the outside) with the pie filling in between. Cooked over a campfire.

How about topping for pancakes, waffles, and/or ice cream?
Or, how about a shortcake topped with the filling?

Good luck!

UMTerp

I use pie fillings on top of my cheesecakes...

I use a package of cream cheese, 1 c of sugar, and 1/2 of a tub of cool whip.. mix it and pour it into a graham cracker or regular pie crust..than top with cherry or strawberry pie filling.. I get rave reviews and requests for it from my dh and kids...

I use cherry pie filling for the following recipe, but it could easily be adapted for other fruit fillings:

Cherry Trifle:
1 angel food cake (could also use chocolate cake or pound cake)
2 envelopes of vanilla pudding, prepared
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 tub of cool-whip
chocolate sauce

Layer in trifle bowl, top with toasted coconut and slivered almonds

:banana: yummy

Dump cakes!

can of pie filling
large (14 ounce?) can of crushed pineapple
box of yellow cake mix
stick of butter, melted

4, count them, 4 ingredients!

pour into a casserole type cake pan the pie filling and crushed pineapple. Pour evenly over them the dry cake mix and then drizzle the butter over it all.
I'm at work so I'm not sure but I think it is 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

I've used all flavors of pie filling-the results are what I call cobbler-cake!
These is delicious with ice cream to "cut the sweet"! :teeth:

If you go to the Southern Living website you should find a fair amount of these variations.

Apple Enchiladas

1 (21-ounce) can apple fruit filling
6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup water

Spoon fruit filling evenly down center of each tortilla; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon. Roll up, and place, seam side down, in a lightly greased 2-quart baking dish.
Bring butter and next 3 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, 3 minutes. Pour over enchiladas; let stand 30 minutes.

Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.

Yield: 4 to 6 servings

Serve with ice cream and it is delish!! It is one of my family's favorite and it is so easy.

I use both blueberry and cherry pie fillings for petite cheesecakes which is the recipe that you use a Nilla wafer as the crust, cream cheese mixture in the middle, and then the pie filling on the top.

Tarheel Tink said:
Dump cakes!

can of pie filling
large (14 ounce?) can of crushed pineapple
box of yellow cake mix
stick of butter, melted

4, count them, 4 ingredients!

pour into a casserole type cake pan the pie filling and crushed pineapple. Pour evenly over them the dry cake mix and then drizzle the butter over it all.
I'm at work so I'm not sure but I think it is 350 degrees for about 25 minutes.

I've used all flavors of pie filling-the results are what I call cobbler-cake!
These is delicious with ice cream to "cut the sweet"! :teeth:

If you go to the Southern Living website you should find a fair amount of these variations.

I've made this one before. YUMMMMMM !!!!!!

What about a crumble?

Rub butter and flour together to the "breadcrumb" stage then add sugar to taste. You could also add flaked almonds or cinnamon at this stage.

Pour fruit filling into an oven proof bowl, top with the crumble mix, dot small pieces of butter on the top and bake for 25/30 minutes until the topping is crunchy and hot. Serve with cream or ice cream (or english custard)

Linda

or use as the basis of a fruit pavlova.

Buy or make a meringue base or case plus smaller pieces of meringue. Break up the smaller pieces of merignue into 1 inch pieces and fold into whipped cream. Pile the whipped cream onto the merignue base, leaving the centre hollowed out. Pour the fruit filling into the hollowed out centre, scatter with flaked almonds or roasted hazlenuts. Chill and serve.

Linda

or a fruit upside-down cake.

butter and line a cake tin. Pour the fruit filling into the cake tin and smooth to cover the bottom.

Mak a sponge cake mix by creaming butter and sugar, whisking in eggs then fold in flour. Add vanilla if liked. Pour cake mix over fruit and cook until risen and golden. Turn the cake out of the tin, and the fruit will become a nice colourful topping to the cake. Serve with cream/ice cream/custard.

Linda

This might sound gross to some people but I think it tastes yummy!
I take apple pie filling out of a can and put it on top of ham slices and put it in the crockpot for about 3-4 hours on low (you might have to add a little bit of water so the ham does not dry out) and it tastes so good! :teeth:

Warm cherry pie filling over vanilla ice cream. YUM

We use cherry pie filling to make cherry brownies

Prepare your mix as usual adding a 1/2 cup of filling to the mix. Bake as always. When they come out, top with chocolate chips. After the chips melt pour more filling over the top.

My first thought was also the pie-molds. We love to make these with buttered bread (butter on the outside) with the pie filling in between. Cooked over a campfire.

How about topping for pancakes, waffles, and/or ice cream?
Or, how about a shortcake topped with the filling?

Good luck!

UMTerp
OMG I never heard of these molds. Thank you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!