Any Recent Reviews About Rum Point Beach Excursion in Grand Cayman?

BWV Dreamin

DIS Veteran
we were switched to the Western Caribbean itinerary. Slim Pickens for beach excursions. Wondering if any recent cruisers could post a review of the DCL Rum Point Beach ecxcursion? TIA!

bump up!

i am interested too, our cruise is coming up very shortly, 3 1/2 weeks away!!

I'd be interested in a review also. I'm booked for a western this November.

Well we took this excursion and it was awesome! Catamaran over water to the private island. Very relaxing, not crowded. Food was great!
Do you remember how much time you were actually at the beach?

Can you do Rum Point on your own or is it too far?
I don’t think this can be done on your own. You have to catamaran over a LARGE body of water to get to the beach. This catamaran was scheduled through the Disney excursions. I don’t know how one would find private catamaran’s or how much that would cost.

We felt this was the best money spent for excursions.

Can you do Rum Point on your own or is it too far?
It is driveable, but it takes a while and getting a taxi for the return trip may be difficult since they don’t really queue up on that side of the island. You could always get a private boat charter, which would make much more sense than driving. You don’t need a huge catamaran to get there—we rented a small 20’ ski boat for the day and went to Rum Point, Stingray city, and Starfish Point. The boat rental is at one of the marinas on the bay side of the island, so you’re not boating through open seas like the catamarans do. And of course we are experienced boaters, so we had no problem driving on our own. But I know you can charter a boat captain to drive you around as well, and I’m guessing it’s less money (and more convenient) than the Disney excursion anyway.

I believe the cost for our excursion was $70 per person. A bargain IMO as it included lunch, a catamaran ride, bus transportation to the boat, and of course the beach. Compared to the other Disney excursions offered, it was worth the money to us. Not sure how much cheaper this excursion could be done considering the amount of travel required.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter