• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any recent news on the loop renovations???

they sites in loop 500 is beginning to come to pass. the sites are being made larger and the shell's are going away. they have them formed up and are ready to be be extended,and the golf carts are being moved to the front.

It's all just a big rumor - I'm waiting for the epool to be upgraded - the otters are too - they want slides!

they sites in loop 500 is beginning to come to pass. the sites are being made larger and the shell's are going away. they have them formed up and are ready to be be extended,and the golf carts are being moved to the front.
Is the 500 loop closed? If so they are ahead of (or have changed) the original schedule.

Loop 900 – closed 7/08 to 7/25 – reopens 7/26/08.
Loop 1000 – closed 7/27 to 8/08 – reopens 8/09/08.
Loop 1100 – closed 8/10 to 8/22 – reopens 8/23/08.
Loop 500 – closed 8/24 to 9/21 – reopens 9/22/08.

Anyone been on the 900, 1000 or 1100 loop lately? Have they been completed?

If so, this could answer my big question... Will all sites on a loop be converted to Premium or will premium and preferred be mixed on a loop.

I for one vote for "mixed" as that would mean that fewer sites are premium.

Any one stayed on 1800 or 1900 lately. By the schedule they should have cable and be premium.

The original schedule stated: "The addition of cable TV and Internet will not require any down time but completion dates are as follows:

Loop 300 – Already completed
Loop 1900 – completed by 7/04/08
Loop 1800 – completed by 7/25/08"

Is the 500 loop closed? If so they are ahead of (or have changed) the original schedule.

Loop 900 – closed 7/08 to 7/25 – reopens 7/26/08.
Loop 1000 – closed 7/27 to 8/08 – reopens 8/09/08.
Loop 1100 – closed 8/10 to 8/22 – reopens 8/23/08.
Loop 500 – closed 8/24 to 9/21 – reopens 9/22/08.

Anyone been on the 900, 1000 or 1100 loop lately? Have they been completed?

If so, this could answer my big question... Will all sites on a loop be converted to Premium or will premium and preferred be mixed on a loop.

Any one stayed on 1800 or 1900 lately. By the schedule they should have cable and be premium.

The original schedule stated: "The addition of cable TV and Internet will not require any down time but completion dates are as follows:

Loop 300 – Already completed
Loop 1900 – completed by 7/04/08
Loop 1800 – completed by 7/25/08"

Is the 500 loop closed? yes

Loop 900 – closed 7/08 to 7/25 – reopens 7/26/08. don't think so

Loop 1000 – closed 7/27 to 8/08 – reopens 8/09/08. was closed and had some tree removal that's all

Loop 1100 – closed 8/10 to 8/22 – reopens 8/23/08. ? don't have a clue I haven't been there yet.

Loop 500 – closed 8/24 to 9/21 – reopens 9/22/08. closed earlier this week. 08/11/08

as to this question

It looks like all one but you will need to ask sometime in september. maybe someone else will be able to tell.

I just got home from the Fort this past Tuesday. Loop 500 is closed they closed it on the 10th. Sites have been black topped, grills are removed ready for new ones trimming the trees, etc..... Not sure when it will open. Looks like all of Loop 500 will be premium pet loop. We will have to wait and see on that. Don't know what the other person is talking about with the golf carts being moved, they were still located at the bike and cart barn when I was there. Other than that not much of any other activity going on for renovations.

I'm still here, not all of 500 loop is done, by the bath house they are still making the the sites bigger. will post photos monday of what was taken today(sat). Going home sunday. The carts are still at the bike barn as of right now, but are going to be moving to the front once something is in place, they are to many of them and the bike barn is running out of space (this is going to happen eventually) and more carts will be added as well. There are some kind of constuction barriers between the two entrances of Fort Wilderess. don't have a clue for what that's far.

I'm still here, not all of 500 loop is done, by the bath house they are still making the the sites bigger. will post photos monday of what was taken today(sat). Going home sunday. The carts are still at the bike barn as of right now, but are going to be moving to the front once something is in place, they are to many of them and the bike barn is running out of space (this is going to happen eventually) and more carts will be added as well. There are some kind of constuction barriers between the two entrances of Fort Wilderess. don't have a clue for what that's far.

500 has quite a lot of work going on. I'm sure the previous poster will get pictures posted before I can, but if they don't, I'll figure out how when I have a chance. We heard a huge tree come down in 500 as we were looping a few days ago...it's not just little brush trees they're taking out. There have been bulldozers (like huge bobcat-looking things), backhoes and tree chippers out there that I've seen.

The new sites look to be perfectly rectangular and fully paved. They even had some of the site number signs pulled out and laying on the ground to make it happen. Kind of sad to see, but for a good cause for so many of you!

1900 had cable trucks all over the place a few days ago and lots of marker paint on the ground. 2000 reopened just before we got here, but I haven't heard if they've gotten cable yet or not. 1000 and 1100 have people camping in them. They seem to be able to open and close loops pretty quickly when they need to!

The construction out front so far is reinforced vinyl-looking black "walls" about 2 feet high staked around a space about as large as a football field. They also put a cut in thru a little hill, about wide enough to drive thru. It's right next to the main road, so would seem to be an odd spot for the golf cars. Must be something else happening there?

They also repaved a stretch of sidewalk near the bridge near Meadows.

Gotta run! Gotta get my kids up and out of here, and clean Tina's trailer!

Sue (in FW, for another 1.5 hours...:sad1: )

the "vinyl-looking black walls" are silt fence.
It is used to keep the run off from construction from making its way into streams, swamps, water, etc.
Up here its a D.E.Q.E. mandate.

The construction out front so far is reinforced vinyl-looking black "walls" about 2 feet high staked around a space about as large as a football field. They also put a cut in thru a little hill, about wide enough to drive thru. It's right next to the main road, so would seem to be an odd spot for the golf cars. Must be something else happening there?

I talked to the FW manager over the summer and he is moving the golf cart check in and out to the front. They are clearing a spot for 80 charging spots so the CM's can check, clean and charge them all in one spot.

We stayed in the 900 loop last week, site 920. Nothing has been done there. They were working on either the electric or the cable at the loop entrance. My guess is electric since we lost power right when we arrived on 8/7. They displaced several bushes by the bus stop but the damage is not that apparent. When I saw the 500 loop last week they had removed the timbers framing the sand pads and pulled up the grills but that was it.

P1000984.jpg

I took a walk down to the 500 loop and took some pics...doesn't really look like they have done very much yet.

FloridaTripPix074.jpg

FloridaTripPix075.jpg

FloridaTripPix077.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter