Any reason no to transfer to TA?

Ladybugx87

Mouseketeer
I’m all booked for summer 2019 and booked myself. Is there any reason NOT to transfer to Costco TA? I’ve always done myself but the cash back plus exec membership bonus is nice.

I’m all booked for summer 2019 and booked myself. Is there any reason NOT to transfer to Costco TA? I’ve always done myself but the cash back plus exec membership bonus is nice.
I transferred to Costco and am glad I did. I'll always do that from now on. No problems.

Unless you need/want/insist on speaking to DCL about all aspects of the cruise, I don't see a reason not to transfer to Costco. Costco is very well versed and proficient with DCL policies now.

With the exception of our first DCL (we booked via Small World), we've booked onboard and transferred to Costco Travel. Easy, quick and you get the onboard credit and the ~8% value Costco Cash card.

Definitely worth it. Regardless of the TA you choose, you have only 30 days to do the transfer from the original date of booking, so don't delay!

If you're a person who will be sitting up at midnight wanting to change rooms, and wanting to do it NOW, do NOT use a TA unless that agency is also up at midnight ready to take the call. Costco Travel is not 24 hours, so if you're a person who changes their bookings, know those business hours and ONLY look around the website during those hours.

Other than that it's not an issue. You make payments through the portal on the costcotravel page. You make your own dining, you make your own excursion arrangements directly through the Disney Cruise website. I have called for things like getting hubby's name right and for requesting distilled water without going through Costco (for ease I use the "new booking" option, get them on the line, tell them what I want, and THEN give them my cruise#).

It's just that aspect of changing your stateroom that will need Costco involved, so just don't look when they are closed. :)

If you're a person who will be sitting up at midnight wanting to change rooms, and wanting to do it NOW, do NOT use a TA unless that agency is also up at midnight ready to take the call. Costco Travel is not 24 hours, so if you're a person who changes their bookings, know those business hours and ONLY look around the website during those hours.

Other than that it's not an issue. You make payments through the portal on the costcotravel page. You make your own dining, you make your own excursion arrangements directly through the Disney Cruise website. I have called for things like getting hubby's name right and for requesting distilled water without going through Costco (for ease I use the "new booking" option, get them on the line, tell them what I want, and THEN give them my cruise#).

It's just that aspect of changing your stateroom that will need Costco involved, so just don't look when they are closed. :)

Thanks. I do look from time to time as I want the same stateroom I had on an earlier cruise. Right now I’m...3 doors down...my hubby thinks I’m crazy to even look so I’ll make sure to only look during open hours if I look at all.

Regular lurker who just joined to ask this question: If I want to transfer to costcotravel, how do I do it? I booked my most recent cruise about a week ago, and I see I only have 30 days to transfer it. Do I have to call them? If I call, do I just need my DCL reservation number? I was torn between SmallWorld and Costco, but it seems cash card beats onboard credit.

Thanks for your help!!

Regular lurker who just joined to ask this question: If I want to transfer to costcotravel, how do I do it? I booked my most recent cruise about a week ago, and I see I only have 30 days to transfer it. Do I have to call them? If I call, do I just need my DCL reservation number? I was torn between SmallWorld and Costco, but it seems cash card beats onboard credit.

Thanks for your help!!

All you have to do is call Costco Travel, tell them you want to transfer the reservation to them, and they'll tell you what to do. They will confirm your Costco membership info, get your email, get your cruise info, then email you a form to sign and email back to them. Once they receive it, they'll take care it from there, and email you a confirmation when it's done.

Thank you for the quick response. I am a long time member on another disney forum, but I never posted here. Not sure why I waited. When I booked this cruise I was still reluctant to give Costco all my info (Disney has long had it all anyway), but I just can't stand sitting on the free money. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks again for the great info!

Thank you for the quick response. I am a long time member on another disney forum, but I never posted here. Not sure why I waited. When I booked this cruise I was still reluctant to give Costco all my info (Disney has long had it all anyway), but I just can't stand sitting on the free money. I will call them tomorrow. Thanks again for the great info!
The only thing to note (Costco will tell you too)-your PIF date to them will be about a month ahead of Disney.

That does put a bit of a rush on coming up with the funds in full, but it is hard to just kiss the possible cards goodbye. Where we moved we are not all that close to costco, but it still seems better than an on board credit to me. I no longer drink, and it was the bar bill that always added up the fastest for onboard credit needs.

That does put a bit of a rush on coming up with the funds in full, but it is hard to just kiss the possible cards goodbye. Where we moved we are not all that close to costco, but it still seems better than an on board credit to me. I no longer drink, and it was the bar bill that always added up the fastest for onboard credit needs.
Totally agree-I moved mine to Costco and am already imagining all the Costco trips ‘for free’ post cruise.

We do not have Costco nearby, but we do use a TA. OBC that she gives is refundable to us.

I've used Costco several times and they pulled my PIF about 2 weeks prior to Disney's date. They'll give you the exact day. The rep said it was to make sure if anything messed up we'd have time to fix it before Disney cancelled my cruise!

I just wish I could book directly with DCL and get 100% of the commission refunded. With Costco I can only get a portion of the commission refunded.

My PIF date was only a couple weeks ahead, not a month.

Im getting a $1045 cash card.

Its enough that the one booking pays for itself (and more) of the extra 2% cost of the upgrade to an executive membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter