• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any preferences on Cabin Loops?

vossjemi

I LUV 2 Travel!!!
We are hoping/planning to go to FW next Oct over Halloween. I've been looking at the map on allears, which says cabins are in loops 2100-2800. I was looking for a loop that had close bus access, Comfort Station for washer/dryer, and swimming pool. Loop 2500 seems pretty close to all 3. Is that true?

Also, out of all of the cabin loops, what is your preference and why? We'd like to feel a little out on our own, but also want to be close enough to everything in case we don't get a golf cart. Can you actually see the fireworks at MK from the deck of any of the cabin loops? Can you actually request a loop preference or cabin preference if you find somewhere you'd like to be?

And finally, do the decks have lawn chairs? Something more than just the picnic table? Reason I ask is after kids go to bed, DH & I might like to go sit out on the deck for a drink and to look at the stars. And, I'd like a chair with a back on it if possible.

Thanks.

How would you request to be near someone who is camping if you are staying in a cabin? Should I get their ressie # and mine and give it a try? Any suggestions?

Anyone?

callahanjulie10, I would think they could tie your ressies together so you are near each other just like in a hotel. We went with my kids and my parents, and asked our ressies be tied together and ended up with connecting rooms which was nice (at the poly) this year.

Hi vossjemi :wave2: , Loop 2500 is good, Cabin 2502 is close to the pool, laundry and bus. It is further away from the stores, etc. Another Loop is 2100. Cabins 2133 and 2138 back up to the 1100 loop with the comfort station nearby if a second bathroom is important and it's a little more centrally located. You can state a preference when you book. I haven't seen the fireworks from a cabin. The decks just have a picnic table. Pull out a couple of kitchen chairs, put your feet up on the bench and your drink on the
table. :drinking1 We usually get a cart because it is easier for us (but more costly). I put it in the budget over other things because we really do enjoy it and use it. I take it out in the morning for some "mommytime" (4kids ::MinnieMo princess: :wizard: pirate: ). Have fun planning. :flower:

We stayed on the inside portion of the 2600 loop. It was great! Close to the bus stop, pool, and laundry area (at pool). The inside of the loop was somewhat insulated from the bus noise. We only had a picnic table on our deck. I'm sure you could find inexpensive lawn chairs at a nearby grocery store, or Walmart. To view the fireworks from FW we took the bus to the outpost, and then walked to the beach. First we viewed the EWP, that was soon followed by the fireworks. In addition to the main beach area where everyone gathered, you can walk further along the beach for a more"secluded" area. Have a great vacation! :wizard:

We've stayed at FW many times - one of our favorite places... anyway, just make sure that your reservations are linked together. We've had 2 - 3 trailers (now cabins) on alot of our trips and we were always together. Usually 2 side by side, and one across the road. You can request a loop near the pool & laundry - they're most convenient. If you can get a cabin close to the main road, then you won't have far to walk from the buses. Have a great time! Hope you love the convenience of the kitchen, etc. Make sure you have a cookout one night. We bought the one use bricket package - from walmart or even at the trading post and had hot dogs, hamburgers and even Kielbasi on the grill! (My aunt brought it on the plane! She froze it before the trip.) Enjoy! :paw:

We just got back and stayed in 2528 and loved it. It was close to everything we used. Never got a cart. The only negative was a little bus noise but I was so beat that I slept through most of it! We only had a picnic table, no chairs. We never noticed any neighbors. Although the cabins are pretty close together, they still feel very secluded. All and all, we LOVED the cabin. It was our little oasis!

We had 2514, and thought it was perfect. Everything is close by (pool/laundry, bus stop) and everything else is just a few minutes away by bus (including wait time.) We loved it at FW!

Thanks guys! Loop 2500 sounds like a good one. The last comment made me wonder...are there smoking/nonsmoking cabins? I want to be sure and get nonsmoking as my son has asthma and I really don't want a stinky cabin for me or him. It could set off an attack.

I want to be sure and get nonsmoking as my son has asthma and I really don't want a stinky cabin for me or him. It could set off an attack.

Same here. I do believe they have non-smoking cabins. I had the request put on my ressie. If you tell CRO about your child's issue they will put in your ressie "guaranteed for medical reasons".

bjkj said:
We just got back and stayed in 2528 and loved it. It was close to everything we used. Never got a cart. The only negative was a little bus noise but I was so beat that I slept through most of it! We only had a picnic table, no chairs. We never noticed any neighbors. Although the cabins are pretty close together, they still feel very secluded. All and all, we LOVED the cabin. It was our little oasis!

Wow !!
We just got back Sunday. We were in 2527 .

I hope my kids didn't bother you.
:)

The 2500 loop was perfect for us. As stated , it's very close to the pool . And it's a short loop so buses are easy to get to.

We had a golf cart and to me with 3 kids it was worth it's weight in gold.
When we left Sunday the bike barn was turning people away in droves since all carts had been booked.

LadyTrampScamp&Angel said:
DisneyMom5 - just a couple of questions about 2514. Was it a non-smoking cabin? And did you have much bus noise?

Thanks!

Yes! we had put that on our ressie due to asthma/allergy issues. It also happened to be handicap accessible, ramp only, but that worked out as a plus with our dbl stroller. We could just roll them right in.
We also loved being able to park our 15 passenger van right in the cabin's driveway and be able to keep some non-valuable extras out there (extra shoes, etc.) Kept the clutter down.
Didn't use a golf cart as we were too many. Never needed one, used the buses exclusively.
The only thing we didn't care for 100% was the boat to MK, but that was more a motion sickness issue than an efficiency issue.
No bus noise what so ever. Picture the 2500 loop as an oval, the road curving gradually, but by 2514 you can't see the entrance to the loop. The cabins that are before the curving have a bit more bus noise. It was really a short walk. 2500 loop is quite small all in all.
The only big noises we experience were the mousekeeping carts being dropped off around 5 am, which was a bit of a banging, and the fireworks from MK and Epcot each night, which were minimal.

The 2600 loop is great too, we just got back last night. Its right across from the pool and the purple bus line was fine, had no long waits.

We stayed in 2601 back in July and it was great. I wish it was us making the reservations for another trip. Good luck and have a great trip.

We stayed in the 2100 loop in 2001. We drove over to the laundry -- then there was space for 2 to 3 cars. I don't think you can go wrong on any cabin.

As for the earlier question about fireworks, you can see the higher elements of Wishes from the FW beach. Many people go there each evening. When tenting in 1500, we could see them from the top of our picnic table, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter