Any power outage problems down there?

Dandino

Earning My Ears
I hear California's having a pretty bad electricity crisis. Does this problem affect Disneyland too?

If it does, how does it affect their daily operations?

Just curious :D

Hi Dandino! So far Southern California has been spared the rolling blackouts, but it is a day-to-day...or actually hour-to-hour thing.

I don't know for sure about Disneyland, but my guess is they have all sorts of back-up power available to them should they be subjected to a blackout. And more likely than not, they would not be affected. :)

Michelle
Assistant Webmaster
Cruise & Inspiration Board Co-Host
Disneyland Board Co-Host

According to my husband who works in Anaheim, that city is like LA, Riverside, and the other cities with their own power companies which are not affected by the problems that Edison and PG & E are having. :D

Susan from CA

Disneyland-Too many times to count!
Off-site 1988
All Star Sports 1997
Beach Club/Wonder 2000
Beach Club/Magic 2002

I read that Knott's Berry Farm shut down their "Big Foot Rapids" ride to conserve energy because it used up the most electricity out of all of its rides.

If it gets to be that bad in Anaheim, I'm sure that Disneyland may do something similar (shut down a ride or two to conserve electricity).

TTFN - Ta Ta For Now!
tigger.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter