• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any place to get Brownies stickers or embellishments??

JESW

<font color=blue>We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, a
No, not the chocolate kind! :)

My DD6 is in Brownies and I am going to be taking pictures and making scrapbooks for each of the girls in the troop. Since there are 16 girls I am trying to keep the costs down. I am thinking of 6x6 pages using decorated chipboard as the front & back covers.

I would also like to use some Brownies insignia (sp?) stickers if I can find them. Any suggestions?? Mouse Mories has cub scouts & boy scouts but nothing for the girls!

Or maybe there is some place on-line where I could down-load clip art?

Any suggestions from btdt Moms??

TIA!

Jill

Although I guess I shouldn't be posting this information since I am not a Mom and the OP is requesting info from a Mom. :rotfl2: Although I do have a Brownie troop of 6 girls, hoping to get more girls and have been involved in Girl Scouts for 17 years non-stop since Brownies. I will be nice and share anyways :teeth:

Scrapbook Supplies

I know of a few places to buy Girl Scout related stickers and things and also to find clip art. Girl Scout supplies are harder to find since Girl Scouts is very strict on licensing of their trademarks.

I'm making this into two posts the first one is places to buy supplies and this one is for clip-art.

Scrapbook-it has incredibly fast shipping and awesome customer service. I think I ordered my stuff from there on Monday night and it was here by Wednesday afternoon. I had ordered a paper doll set from them and it was missing the dolls. They told me they would send me replcaement dolls. I ended up with a complete set of paper dolls and all of the clothing pieces and I didn't need to return the package with just the clothing pieces.

Scrapbook Lover's Dream has a good variety of Girl Scout products as well. These items were ordered on the same day as from Scrapbook-it but took almost a week 1/2 longer to arrive. Although they sent me a handwritten apology letter since it took so long to arrive. So I suspect this was abnormal.

They have these Accordion album kits for the various age levels. The Brownie level is $4.23 it includes

# 1 Sheet Bazzill Basics Cardstock Stonewash
# 1 Sheet Bazzill Basics Cardstock Walnut
# 1 Sheet Cindy Kids Brownie Cardstock
# 1 Sheet Autumn Leaves Ribbons and Patches Paper
# 4 Deluxe Cuts Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies (1 package)
# 1 Yard Blue Twill
# Instructions on how to make an Accordian Album from 12 x 12 cardstock

At first glance the prices for both of these sites look the same although scrapbook lover's dream shows a list pirce and then when you click on the item for a description they have a lower price.

Create For Less Has some supplies, I have not purchased anything from them.

Another place to check is ebay and do a search for supplies. I found some really neat Girl Scout rubber stamps of the handsign, the trefoil, gold award, etc. from seller: amazing_arts I use them on cards, memos letters to parents etc.

You might also try to contact your council some have supplies for sale. Although my council has none for sale so I had to look elsewhere.

Michael's, Joann's and A.C. Moore often time have camping supplies and other things that you might be able to use.

If you have a local scrapbook store they might have a die cut machine or even a Wishblade or something similar that you can use to cut out titles and shape die cuts. Some stores allow you to use them for free if you purchase the paper from them.

Another place that might have a die cut machine known as an Ellison die cut machine, is your local school that the girls go to. They might allow you to use it for free if you supply the paper. Some colleges and universities might have one as well for use by students and possibly others if they have an education department. Or maybe a local library might have one if they lots of kids programming.

Becky

I'm making this into two posts the first one is places to buy supplies and this one is for clip-art.

Clip art

Scoutingweb.com is an awesome site for Girl Scout information and has a pretty good search engine however from time to time I find something there and can never relocate it.

Here is the direct link from scouting web to their clip art links

Something else you can do is a Google Image Search you can search for Girl Scout clip art, camping, etc. whatever you would like to do.

Another idea so you don't have to buy so much of something is if you are doing smaller albums only use small pieces of the paper. You could cut a 12 x 12 piece of paper into 6 pieces or more and just use it as an accent and use basic cardstock colors for most of it to save money.

Becky

barginpack.com has a lot of scout things but I think it is mostly boy scouts and cub scouts - I did see some girl scout stuff. I don't know enough about them to really tell which sticker strips or diecuts go with which unless something on it says so.

Traces www.name-traces.com has some, but to be honest, there is not a lot out there. The Girl Scouts are very strict about licensing, and I really wish that they would work with one of the good scrapbooking companies because they would/could benefit. Think of all the Girl Scout scrapbookers out there! Check with your council office about any official little stickers. I thought I had remembered seeing a Brownie one that looked like their pin. I have used the SU (retired) Girl Power set, the paper dolls that were mentioned and then just typed up titles or scanned parts of flyers for different events (shhhhh, I've even scanned patches and badges they've earned). Our Junior troop has had a lot of fun scrapping their events. Each spring we have a sleepover/scrapbook party and it is a lot of fun. I make up a list of our events, make duplicate sets of pics, and even make up a few sample pages and the girls just have a blast.

They each have a green 8 x 8 album that I slowly picked up at Michaels with my 40% off coupons.

Jeanne

Check with your local Girl Scout Council shop as well - I know ours recently began carrying a few things authorized by national. This is one thing we've discussed in the forums before - GSUSA is WAY behind the curve on this. Talk about a way to generate funds! Take all the scrappers with girls in Scouts, plus troop projects, and the revenue that could be generated from officially licensed product and cha-ching!

Boy Scouts has officially licensed stuff from paper and stickers to albums - most of which are only available through their shops!

Deb

Hi! I was a Girl Scout myself for many years and worked in camps all through college but had the wonderful good fortune to have a son so now I scrap Boy Scout stuff for my Eagle Scout and all his friends/mothers.

Here are several wonderful Scout scrapbook sources I have bought materials from:

1) It's Scrappin Time store on **** has tons of stuff by Scout category. I have purchased a great deal from this site and been very pleased.

2) A Cherry on Top online scrapbook supplies (wonderful source of the newest licensed materials for Cub and Boy Scouts); just put Boy Scout or Cub Scout etc. in the search box.

3) Bargainpack.com has stuff in all Scout categories.

4) Scrapbook.com has many items. Search using "Scout".

Our council shop does carry insignia stickers etc. You could also scan patches, programs, badges etc. for more page items.

HTH

Yours in Scouting,

A Boy Scout Leader,
Eagle Scout Mom
and Girl Scout at heart forever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter