Any Pirates of the Caribbean-scented candles that are true to smell?

sneakycat

Earning My Ears
Shops that I have found...
Spireside
Magic Candle Company
MyDearlyLoved Candles with Character
and countless others on Etsy

With so many shops and varieties out there, have you found any candles that smell most like the Pirates of the Caribbean ride/water?

I can't speak to the POTC scent, but I found the essential oil of HM from Magic Candle Company to be spot and that it lasts a long time. I hope that helps even if not exactly what you were looking for.

I've had the Pirate Water scent from Magic Candle Co. and it smelled OKAY....but it's not that accurate. I suppose if you're not as familiar with the actual smell of the ride you might be fooled into thinking it smells just like it, but I KNOW my pirate water and that was not it. ;)

Please tell me that none of these places sell one that smells like the monorail!

I've found that the one I have (Main St. Melts) smells more like Pirates after I stop burning it and then return to the room, ha. It's basically a beachy/musky scent, but I like it!

As much as I love this ride, why do I want a candle that smells like it? Maybe I am missing something but I swear I don’t ever think “I want my house to smell like this” when I ride

As much as I love this ride, why do I want a candle that smells like it? Maybe I am missing something but I swear I don’t ever think “I want my house to smell like this” when I ride

Yep. My brother got it for us for Christmas. Beats the 192 single serve coffee creamers that my mom got me at least...

POTC is my all-time favorite ride, but to the best of my recollection the ride smells like mildew and rotting wood with smoky undertones. I am so confused about why someone would make a candle that smells like that.

I was gifted the candles of a few different Disney things! I have Pirate Water (which doesn't smell like mildew), Soarin' Over California oranges, Splash Mountain and Pandora.

I haven't ridden POTC in a long time but does it have an actual scent? I don't mean odor like chlorinated water, or musty wood but like a pleasant scent like the Beach Club does?
I understand being Disney fans we want things that remind us of being there. I have a drawer full of BC wax melts from Etsy, but I just can't picture what POTC smells like at all.

You guys convinced me to burn it tonight. It actually smells pretty pleasant. Like a very light, clean swimming pool smell. Probably what Pirates would smell like if they weren't using Florida water on the ride.

MyDearlyLoved sells my favorite version of POTC. It really is just a chlorinated sort of scent with an undertone of something I can't describe. My family says it just smells like a swimming pool to them, so it's likely all in my head. :D I had one from an Etsy seller that also had a bunch of glitter on top and it smelled more like a musty/dirt scent with the chlorine base. I liked it but the glitter was a deal breaker for me.

POTC is my all-time favorite ride, but to the best of my recollection the ride smells like mildew and rotting wood with smoky undertones. I am so confused about why someone would make a candle that smells like that.

That’s what I was thinking! Lol. Puzzling!

I had the same curiosity, so I ordered a few of the Magic Candle Co's "Pirates Life" products and tested them out. Check out my review here on YouTube by searching "Geek Garage Pirate's Life candle review" -- it wouldn't let me post a link here :(

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter