• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Pictures?

coachmike

Earning My Ears
Hello to all,
Wife booked trip for August and requested something in the 100 loop. We have no pets and two children. I told her I was a little concerned about marina noise with EWP and fireworks as well as how much foliage may be around (lack of it). Does any one have pictures of their site in a 100 or even a 200 loop to share? I've seen many on here of some of the other loops and they look great. Also, what's the diffrence between an inner and outer loop. Got a 30' class C- thanks for all your help.

Carpe Diem,
Coach :goodvibes

We always stay in loop 300 which is the next one over, but walk through 100 and 200 back from the marina. You will hear the EWP in a lot of the loops close to the water. It is about 10 to 15 minutes, but you can really only hear it outside. The fireworks can be heard, I would think at most sites in the campgrounds. I can usually hear Epcots Illuminations. MK, depending on the time of year you go, only has fireworks on certain nights. The outer circle has some sites along the road and the inner circle doesn't. You shouldn't have a problem with a 30' as we have a 32" C and do just fine in loop 300.

100 is the closest to the marina/Settlement and you're absolutely going to hear the EWP, launches and fireworks VERY clearly. Launches start quite early some mornings, and fireworks can be pretty late some times of year, so definitely something to consider - especially if you're a light sleeper and either go to bed early or sleep late.

That said, with a Preferred reservation your only other alternatives are 200 and 300 - also very close and also clearly within earshot of the marina/Settlement noises (we usually stay on 300)

We love the location of these loops, but I wouldn't recommend them for someone looking for a quieter location. Of course there are always earplugs. ;)

As to the difference in inner loop or outer loop depends on your question. The 1400 loop has an inner loop and an outer loop....actually one circle within another. On entering you turn right immediately and travel around the outer loop or go further in and travel the inner loop. My first inclination was to describe... When you enter a loop, you travel counterclockwise around the loop back to the entrance/exit. (There are a couple of exceptions, but most are actualy loops.) When you enter, the inner or inside loop sites would be on your left and the outer sites would be on your right. Check out Shan-Man's Google experience on a sticky for overhead and ground level views of the Fort. You will see the sites labeled as In or out depending on which side of the road they are on. Outer sites will often back up to other loops, canals, roads, or the like. Inner sites will back up to other sites in the same loop.

I appreciate all of the responses. So much to consider when planning a FW vacation. Looking forward to it come August. Does anyone know if upon arrival you would rather upgrade from a preferred (100-200 loop) to a premium site is that possible?

If they have the availability, it shouldn't be a problem. Just keep in mind that the Fort fills up fast during peak seasons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter