Any other 'WISHers' feeling like they are in a 'Rut'?

wovenwonder

DIS Veteran
'Rut' -- okay, maybe that is a word only used by us PA Dutch area people, but -- it means in a 'difficult' place mentally and inspirationally right now in regards to our NEW healthy lifestyle plan. Please tell me that I am not the only one!
:(

I'm with you! I've been doing WW since August, have lost 28 pounds, only 10 more to go, and I'm STUCK. I'm sick of counting points, sick of watching my family eat the goodies that I want but I know I can't because they're loaded with points, hate dragging my butt out of bed early every morning to exercise, etc., etc. Since Christmas, I've been losing and gaining the same 1.6 pounds and getting nowhere. I'm hoping this is just a "bump in the road", because I'm so close to my goal that I don't want to give up, and I certainly don't want to gain any of it back. But I just want to eat something and not have to think about whether it'll put me over my point limit!!

BTW, I went WAY over my points the last 2 days. Those Pillsbury Valentine cookies in the tube that you slice and bake----very addictive!!

It's February...I believe it's against the law for anyone in the Northeastern part of the country to NOT be in a rut!

Seriously, we talked about this last week at our WW meeting because, for the first time since the beginning of the year, attendance was low...enough so that not only did no one have to stand at the meeting, there were actually empty chairs.

For me, it's like all other projects in my life. There's that initial glow of getting started and getting ready for the outcome. The excitement of doing something new. Then the reality sinks in...it's dull, it's hard, it's time consuming, and it's long term. UGH!

Just like they told me to do for child birth, I have tried to think of a focal point to concentrate on when things get to this point. At first it was my DD because I'm her primary custodian and I want to be here for her. Then I realized that it wasn't DD I was doing this for, I was doing it for me. That I deserved my time and effort, too, just as much as anyone else in my life.

So...you are not alone. I'm not sure if this helps you but you are always welcome to PM me and chat.
Jeanne

I thought that I was the only one in a rut(we use that term here in Pittsburgh too!!) I have been trying to loose weight since Jan 2, I know its not that long but it feels like I should have lost more than I did. I am a stay at home mom with 3 children under the age of 3. Very hectic household and I don't get out that much. I have been running everyday for 30mins for exercise and to clear my head. I even run in the rain and snow!!

I can understand how all of the rest of you feel, it just feels good to not be alone!!

Hope all is well with everyone, it will be spring soon!!

Believe me I am usually in a rut. I just got out of mine. My motivation being that I really would like to be below 200 pounds when we go to WDW in September. I don't know if I have ever weighed that in my life!!! I have lots of work to do if that is going to happen. I weighed in today at 255. I thought I would not be able to do it so I decided to check out Curves because I know my only chance is to excercise along with everything I am already doing. They were so positive when I joined and seem sure that I can do it. It is a huge goal. I have played around at loosing weight for the last 3 years. I have lost about 30 pounds in that time but I want to be at my goal weight. We will see how long this motivation lasts since usually it only lasts about 2 weeks. We can do this ladies. We can get out of the rut. It takes some time sometimes for it to happen but it will. DO not get dicouraged. Hang in there you can do it I know you can!!!!

Jody - we're in a "rut" in Bermuda too!!!! I think that phrase is universal - particularly in February!!

I want to get on with my programme so badly - I'm still battling this awful 'flu I brought back from Orlando (what a souvineer!!), I feel grotty, weak, continually nauseous, generally yucky, so exercise is out - I guess I shouldn't complain as I've probably dropped 4lbs since being home on Tuesday but I would rather be going about it in a healthy way!

I need to revamp my exercise programme - I can't stick to the tapes anymore (I'm bored with them) and I would dearly love to invest in a treadmill but they are so expensive here in Bermuda - it's all just one big "moan, moan, moan". I think I might have a more positive outlook when I'm feeling better :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!