• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any other Scrap boards?

SalandJeff

Disney Addict x 3
Does anyone belong to any other boards that are just for scrapbooking that they would recommend? I am new to this and the more info I can find, the better. Thanks. :wave:

I lurk on a few, but to be honest, this is the NICEST group of scrappers you will find. I have joined a couple of yahoo groups and some other message boards. Almost all the online stores have their own message boards and if you do a search for scrapbooking forums or scrapbooking message boards, you'll find a ton. The two biggies are 2peas and scrapbook.com. 2Peas can be brutal for newbies and outsiders. I usually get my questions answered pretty well, but you have to watch it if you post a dissenting opinion or don't praise other people's work enough. Scrapbook.com is great for all levels but the site is so huge, it moves way too fast for me.

This board is a great pace, good size, friendly & knowledgeable people.... :lovestruc

www.twopeasinabucket.com

they have a great gallery if you are looking for ideas. they do get a little cranky if you say, "oh hey got a great deal at target" or someplace on line but they can also be really helpful. maggie

I think I may understand where the OP is coming from. Years ago I used to visit a forum where they posted lots of how-to's. For example, if someone had went to a CM workshop or class and learned how to make something they would post it. Flame me if you will but I liked that. And it wasn't just limited to CM ideas either, maybe someone had come up with an idea and they shared that.

I took a break from scrapping, a long break, and when I got ready to scrap again I couldn't remember the site.

I'll agree that everyone here is nice, you do run into nastiness on some other boards where I feel that they forget everybody was a beginner once.

ETA: Another example, I would love to learn how to make what my CM calls "Border Buddies" using the CM punches. My friend signed on to have a class for those. Only problem, she keeps postponing the class and I don't want to go behind her back and schedule one with our CM. So where does that leave me? Between a rock and a hard place. I don't want to hurt my friends feelings but yet those Border Buddies were soooooo cute!

you could also try www.lifetimemoments.com they are a pretty fun bunch and helpful. It just depends what you are looking for. Most people on those boards are "dark side" (my personal term only) scrappers and like to live out on the edge. :) maggie

Thanks for all the advice! Please don't get the wrong idea from my original post...I love this group and get a lot of good info and ideas. And I agree, the DIS has an extremely nice group of members. I just wanted additional resources since I am new to scrapping. I was hoping to take a beginners class, but my DH is working a lot of OT and I have no one to watch my DD. I'll check out the sites mentioned. Thanks again. :sunny:

LindaBabe said:
What's a border buddy?

She, my CM, had made ... paper pieceings I guess they'd be called. She used the CM Makers - square, circle, hexagon, star, heart - scissors and the cutting system to make the border buddies. She had ladybugs, snowmen and I know a bunch of others but right now I'm drawing a blank. Then you affix them to the CM triangles, 12" strips,mostly she had them affixed to the strips.

I know that's a really poor description but trust me they were sooooo cute! Perfectly color coordinated too. But you can only learn to make them if you take her class.

I go to her crops, I buy lots of product, way too much, and I'd be happy to sit and make a bunch up during a crop for myself but no, you have to take the class. :confused3

Belle0101 said:
She, my CM, had made ... paper pieceings I guess they'd be called. She used the CM Makers - square, circle, hexagon, star, heart - scissors and the cutting system to make the border buddies. She had ladybugs, snowmen and I know a bunch of others but right now I'm drawing a blank. Then you affix them to the CM triangles, 12" strips,mostly she had them affixed to the strips.

I know that's a really poor description but trust me they were sooooo cute! Perfectly color coordinated too. But you can only learn to make them if you take her class.

I go to her crops, I buy lots of product, way too much, and I'd be happy to sit and make a bunch up during a crop for myself but no, you have to take the class. :confused3

My CMC does them too. So, I am sure your cmc doesn't have a corner on the market! But, her attitude doesn't sound so great. She should want to keep your business and do everything to help you and make you happy.

Where do you live? You could do a CMC search on their website. I live in Indiana, if you are close I will pass along my CMC's name.

hey belle0101, just wanted to say, your puppy is toooo cute! :goodvibes maggie

Theres a stickey at the top of the forum where everyone listed their favorite scrap shopping and mb's
:)
Maybe that would help!

Belle and all, here is a site that may meet the need for border buddys you describe. A woman posted it over on Tagrel's in answer to a question on scrapbooking and said it was put up by her late sil, who had designed many of the things on it. I encouraged her to keep the site available. here it is. http://www.imageevent.com/donnamb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter