Any other parents get screwed on the AP Cancellation?

AuroraV

Earning My Ears
We are out of state DVC owners and Gold Passholders (paid in full) and after quite a bit of debate we decided to cancel our passes in August using the email that we had received from Disney. We had 4 passes (1 for me, my husband, and our 2 kids who are 12 and 14). We received an email to my husband and one to me. My husband and I both cancelled and the next day I realized the email I received said nothing about my kids' passes even though they are managed under my account and they have no email addresses associated with their passes other than mine.
I attempted multiple times to call about their passes and was bounced are found a few times after waiting for a 2-3 hours on the phone. I managed to speak to one agent but had apparently been kicked over to a ticket agent and not an AP agent so he wasn't able to help me and said the callback option for the AP agents was full for the day. Finally the day for cancellations passed and I had not been able to get an answer. My pass and my kids' passes were still showing in the MDE until last week when mine disappeared.
I was able to get an agent online today to find out what was happening and was told that I would have had to call to cancel each pass separately (he didn't seem to care that this was virtually impossible in August). He said he could put in a "late cancellation" but any refund for their passes would only be effective from today's date. I have tried to be pretty levelheaded about the whole situation and the decisions Disney has had to make, even with he DVC communication vacuum earlier this year, but this is the the first thing I have run across that seems grossly negligent.
Curious if anyone else has had a similar issue and if you were able to get any kind of satisfactory resolution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!