Any other Disney Dads who homebrew?

t_catt11

Pin Trading Addict
I got into this hobby almost two years ago, and have a great time at it. I don't get to brew nearly as often as I'd like to, but when I do, my little boys (ages 6, 4, and 2) like to help out. The two year old loves to munch on the grains, and they all like to toss in the hops.

Currently, I have an Oktoberfest lagering away... I figure that it will be ready right around Christmas. Yep, I missed the schedule on that one, but I don't think that really matters.

Next up will probably be a Belgian blonde ale (very similar to Leffe Blonde, which I first tried at Food & Wine two years ago), or possibly a rebrew of my big Irish red ale.

Are there any other homebrewers here?

I do run a homebrewing blog, though I don't update it as often as I should. Check out Homebrew Dad, if you like.

That is something that I do want to get into eventually. I've been looking into what I would need and how to do it, so one day when I can gather all of the equipment and have the time, I will at least be read up on it.

I did a lot of homework on it before I stated, too. It''s a hobby that you can do pretty affordably, if you do desire... or you can spend silly amounts of money, if you like. I probably fall somewhere in the middle of that.

It's a ton of fun to me, however.

Someday. Currently just growing hops. Cascade, Chinook, Mt. Hood, Nugget and Newport.

Use to until I was a stay at home dad. Boiling wort for 3 hours is tough to do with kids running around. Now, I'm old enough that whatever I drink settles around the midsection very quickly.

My DBF and I homebrew (he is a dad).
It's one of the hobbies we share.

Yes, girls do it too.

;)

My DBF and I homebrew (he is a dad).
It's one of the hobbies we share.

Yes, girls do it too.

;)

No doubt about that! The NHB winner this year was female, and there is a small group of ladies on the homebrewing forums that I frequent.

Just asking about other Disney dads because, well, this is the dads' forum. ;)

Got a favorite style to brew?

No doubt about that! The NHB winner this year was female, and there is a small group of ladies on the homebrewing forums that I frequent.

Just asking about other Disney dads because, well, this is the dads' forum. ;)

Got a favorite style to brew?

Oh No!
Ha! Honestly I had just used the search for "homebrew" to see if there any topics on it. I did not see that what forum it was on when the results came up.
My most sincere apologies for the intrusion.

(Stouts right now, used to be English bitters)

Oh No!
Ha! Honestly I had just used the search for "homebrew" to see if there any topics on it. I did not see that what forum it was on when the results came up.
My most sincere apologies for the intrusion.

(Stouts right now, used to be English bitters)

LOL, no worries. I doubt anyone is offended.

I have my first lager (an Oktoberfest) in extended lagering right now (planned to have it bottled already, but life gets in my way). I'm a big fan of Belgian and English ales, as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter