Any other DISers trying to concieve? Reread OP for the QOTD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on the boards in a long time. I've been tired alot.. But now that I actually got past the 1st trimester, I have a concern and I'm wondering if anyone on here can help me....
I got this book called "Your pregnancy week by week"... I read the whole book and in one chapter is says that if you've ever had a D&C (I did with my 1st m/c) then your cervix may be week and you can lose the baby in the 2nd trimester! :scared1: THis of course has me terrified.
I mentioned this to my OB and he didn't seem too concerned, "we can't stitch everyone's cervix for no reason" he says. He also said he sees alot of people that have had multiple abortions and go on to have healthy babies with no problems.
Well that doesn't help me! I'm absolutely terrified that I finally go this far and then this incompetent cervix is going to happen. I'm probably not thinking rational, but after having 2 m/c, I can't!!!

So Allison, what did you decide to do about testing? I'm not sure I could wait much longer to test again. Remember both times I got pregnant were on months I wasn't really trying and even once was halfway trying to avoid it so we could go to WDW.

Dznylvr, there is a reason why I stopped reading books and even online stuff for a long time. I hated things like that. It honesty was never a concern that my doc ever mentioned and I had a healthy baby boy after getting pregnant 3.5 months after having my D&C for my miscarriage. I wouldn't let that worry you.

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker for a while - I haven't posted because I keep thinking "well, I won't be TTC for too long..." Hmmm... Well, it has officially been a year now. I just had my annual appt with my midwife and made my first "fertility check" appointment for next month with a GYN. So, I might be here for a while.

It took me about 6 months to get PG with my DD - 3 of them just "winging it" :rotfl: and then three months of testing for O. And I remember THAT felt like a long time! I have been testing for O this time for 8 months now.

So, hope I can join in. I have found it helpful to read through this thread from time to time - hopefully I will have something to add at some point that will be helpful to someone else - poster or lurker.

Terri

Well, AF arrived today, but of course not until AFTER I used a digital pregnancy test. :rolleyes: Oh well. I'm not really surprised since we only BD'd once during my prime time since I was sick. Still sucks, though. My cycle was a bit longer this month, so I'm not sure what's up with that. :confused3 And I guess all the nausea was from the Metformin. I did the math, too, and my O time will be right around our WDW trip. Great. A WDW trip with 30 high school kids probably won't be the most romantic trip to get in the mood. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I was SO hoping to be pregnant before my BFF delivers...I have one more cycle.

Good news is we measured DS today and he is exactly 40 inches with his shoes on!! Hopefully WDW's measuring stick will the the same and he'll get to ride some of the bigger rides this time!!

Bummer, Allison. I think your cycles lengthening is a good sign that maybe the Metformin is helping to regulate you better - and lengthen your luteal phase. Good luck at WDW with all those kids. At least you will have a few babysitters if you and DH want to sneak in a few BD's. :banana:

Welcome, Terri. Good luck next month. Are you charting your temps? Have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I never read it, but have heard great things about it. When I went to my first RE appointment, I had a couple month of charting behind me, and right away he could tell I was not ovulating. It gave him a good place to start.

BTW - I am not TTC, I just hang out here for fun!

Dznylvr- I had that book, too. Try to ignore the bad stuff. I was the same way you were - worrying about everything that could go wrong. I was stressed to the maximum capacity! I actually had a book that was pretty much all about what could go wrong. Bad move. At one point I was convinced DD had only one kidney. Try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy. :) (PS I had a D&C, too, and no cervix problems).

Denae

Dznylvr - only read the pregnancy books for fun. They list every possible complication, even if the chances of having it are 1 in a million. You'll make yourself panic if you start looking for those problems.

Thanks, Denae. That was the spin I was trying to put on it as well.

I'm just starting to get more nervous about this. I'm not sure it'll ever happen. DS will be 5 in July. Five years was really the largest gap I wanted between children. So I feel like I'm running out of time! And I still REALLY want a baby. Every time I think about my best friend delivering soon...the thought of going see her and her new baby....my heart starts pounding, I feel like I can't breathe, and it takes everything in me to NOT cry. Yesterday at my deposition there were two pregnant girls and I caught myself staring at them on more than on occasion. :( For a while I was doing okay, but now I feel like I've taken a turn for the worse. I guess knowing what's ahead for this year (my best friend giving birth and DS turning 5) has just hit me hard.

Beth and Christal...how are you two doing? :goodvibes

:mad: Caution! Bitter rant coming....
A coworker (who is a very nice person) just announced that she's pregnant. A big surprise. Ohhh, I just hate that...Big Surprise. And, to top it all off, her due date is what mine would have been had last month worked out. Uggh! Now, I have to watch her go through what I might have month-by-month. I'm not mad at her but instead mad at life. Life sucks sometimes. :mad:
******Okay, I'm done*************************************

Skuttle - For a while I was doing okay, but now I feel like I've taken a turn for the worse. I guess knowing what's ahead for this year (my best friend giving birth and DS turning 5) has just hit me hard.

I hear you. My son will turn 6 soon and I had hoped to only have 4 years between kids.

Phew - we're not among the missing threads!

Just checking....

how's everyone doing?

Hello everyone!! I posted here a few weeks ago and am back! DH and I are now married and back from our WONDERFUL honeymoon at AKL. We are all settled in and enjoying married life and ready to start a wonderful family. I stopped the pill 4 days ago and we are continuing on as normal and hoping for the best. :goodvibes

Welcome, Terri. Good luck next month. Are you charting your temps? Have you read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility? I never read it, but have heard great things about it. When I went to my first RE appointment, I had a couple month of charting behind me, and right away he could tell I was not ovulating. It gave him a good place to start.
Denae

Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. I was a bit shy about posting here.

I have not read that book, although our library does have a copy. It looked so intimidating! I took out a smaller book which described the typcial initial workup for infertility plus a general overview of the options for assisted conception (is that the right phrase? it looks odd...).

I have been using POAS ovulation testing so I know for instance that I did not ovulate in December. I have a very short cycle - 25 days :scared1: so I always ovulate much sooner than I expect to - almost as soon as my period is done. I don't know if that is part of the issue or not.

So, even though we BD'd this month around the right time (I was actually too stressed with other issues to do the ovulation test this month) I already bought the kit for next month. I just can't keep getting my hopes up month to month, it is stressing me out. So, I am focused on my lab appt. on 2/6, which should be 3 days into my next cycle and then the appointment with the GYN two weeks later. Hoping to get some answers....

Good luck to everyone else this time around.

Terri, good luck at the doctor's appt! I totally understand about not wanting to get your hopes up and trying to deal with the stress. To me that is the hardest part!

Congratulations on your wedding!!! I hope you have good luck with TTC

D&DDisney, sorry about the disappointment, nothing like a pregnancy to help you feel worse :(

Allison :hug: I agree with Denae. Hopefully the meds are helping you to regulate and get that luteal phase longer allowing for pregnancy to happen. I do think that after a month or two, I would push for more testing. Be sure to get your DH in somehow to get his "men checked". Is there a way you could help make sure he gets it there on time?

Could I ask a question to all of you experts out there??? I just came off the pill about 5 days ago and just started spotting lightly today. If anyone knows, could you please tell me what is the cause of this???

Hey everyone!! I was hoping this thread would make it back!!

Elaine, I have 3 refills on the Metformin (just had one refill today), so I'll be back at my dr's office in a couple of months if no BFP before then. The problem with getting my DH checked is that he's a teacher, so he leaves for work way before the lab opens, and the lab closes before he gets off of work, too. And as a teacher, he really doesn't have the option to come and go like other jobs. After we get back from WDW, we'll have to sit down and figure it out! He may just have to be late for work one day. He doen't have a class during first hour, but still has to go in early in case he needs to sub, so being late one day shouldn't be a problem.

So, we'll be at WDW during prime BD'ing time. Bummer. We just invited my mom to come with us (one of the chaperones canceled so we didn't want the extra ticket to go to waste), so there's probably NO WAY we'll be able to BD. I'm so bummed! Looks like this month may be out and it's just started.

DisneyMooner, I know many people have mid-cycle spotting after coming off of the pill. It sometimes takes a few months for your cycle to become regular after being on the pill. Where are you in your cycle for this month?

Terri, Good Luck!! Your appt next month will be here before you know it! I know if you O late, that can shorten your luteal phase which can interfere with TTC. I O on the late side. I'm not really sure if O'ing really early interferes with things.

allison

AM I PREGNANT???
I am dying to know, but NOT WANTING to take a test, for fear that again this month will be letting me down!
We have one dd, who will be 6 in April..we have been activally trying for about 6 months, i was diagnosed with PCOS, have been on 4 cycles of clomid, no succes, and am on Metformin. So this is the first month since i have started trying that i have been "late" currently on CD 42 with some light pink (very very light pink) muscasy stuff earlier in the month (around when my period is due) I really want to know, but i am so scared to take the test!!

Just wanted to get that off my shoulders..

AM I PREGNANT???
I am dying to know, but NOT WANTING to take a test, for fear that again this month will be letting me down!
We have one dd, who will be 6 in April..we have been activally trying for about 6 months, i was diagnosed with PCOS, have been on 4 cycles of clomid, no succes, and am on Metformin. So this is the first month since i have started trying that i have been "late" currently on CD 42 with some light pink (very very light pink) muscasy stuff earlier in the month (around when my period is due) I really want to know, but i am so scared to take the test!!

Just wanted to get that off my shoulders..

Take the test. Then when it is a BFP, take a picture of it for us to see! Is your period usually regular? Sounds promising to me! :goodvibes Plus CD 42 is 6 weeks PG. Do your ****s hurt?

Denae

DisneyMooner, I know many people have mid-cycle spotting after coming off of the pill. It sometimes takes a few months for your cycle to become regular after being on the pill. Where are you in your cycle for this month?

I have a VERY regular, 28 day cycle. My last period began on 1/18 and ended on 1/23. I started the first pill in my new pack on 1/18 stopped taking the pill on 1/21. So I've been on the pill for 6 months, and off of the pill for 7 days including today. It looked like I was going to start my period - including a little cramping (I normally have MAJOR cramps) and a headache along with darker tinged blood, but then all I ended up with all day was a spot the size of a half-dollar :confused3 Now it's basically stopped other than a little VERY light pink when I go to the bathroom. So... I'm a little confused.... Is this just from coming off the pill?? My expected O time was between 1/1-1/5, so will this still be true???

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer - I'm just slightly confused.... :confused3

I have a VERY regular, 28 day cycle. My last period began on 1/18 and ended on 1/23. I started the first pill in my new pack on 1/18 stopped taking the pill on 1/21. So I've been on the pill for 6 months, and off of the pill for 7 days including today. It looked like I was going to start my period - including a little cramping (I normally have MAJOR cramps) and a headache along with darker tinged blood, but then all I ended up with all day was a spot the size of a half-dollar :confused3 Now it's basically stopped other than a little VERY light pink when I go to the bathroom. So... I'm a little confused.... Is this just from coming off the pill?? My expected O time was between 1/1-1/5, so will this still be true???

Thanks so much for any help anyone can offer - I'm just slightly confused.... :confused3

So your CD1 (the frist day you bled) started 1/18 and you started your new pack of pills (the high dose pills) right? Then you stopped taking the pills on CD4. So today is CD11. My guess would be that because you started a new pack but did not finish it you might be experiencing mid-cycle bleeding as your body adjusts to coming off the hormones of the BCP. This cycle will probably be a wash as your body adjusts. Just make sure you keep track of your CD (cycle days) and if you go past 28 days by to much you might want to test.

As for ovulation...that could be tricky. Usually you ovulate 14 days into a 28 day cycle. Most women don't. I was usually around CD10 or 11 until I went on Clomid. But BCP stop ovulation and it can take up to 6 months for things to get back on track. Start using OPK's if you want to find out when you ovulate.

Also your cycle may not be 28 days anymore. When I came off BCP mine stayed 28 for about 3 months then went to anywhere from 22 to 26.

I hope I understood you correctly. It can be very confusing coming off BCP (especially if you expierence any of the nasty withdrawl symptoms).

Baby Dust to you and all the other ladies. I hope you all get your miracles soon :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter