Any notable meals at Swan/Dolphin?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
Staying at Swan for the first time. We've never even stepped foot in either of the hotels. Any dining we shouldn't miss?

Swan/Dolphin is home to some outstanding restraunts, but they don't come cheap either. Kimonos, Shula's Steak House, Trattoria Il Mulino, and Todd English's bluezoo. I think Shula's is probably the best steakhouse in Disney World.

https://www.swandolphinrestaurants.com/

Blue Zoo has amazing Seafood.
Il Mulino is IMHO the best italian restaurant at WDW.
Shulas has had rave reviews for a steak house, but never been there.

In addition to the excellent places listed above, The Fountain has salads/burgers/other sandwiches & the like, plus a large selection of ice cream sundaes/shakes.

The Garden Grove buffet is only ok--better than Disney's worst and not as good as the best.

Il Mulino is fantastic. We have gone there twice, both for date nights with our kids in the babysitting center at the Swan/Dolphin. Food is outstanding.

Many, if not most, believe the Swan and Dolphin have the best collection of restaurants on property. But the are expensive.
Enjoy

We loved Shula's. The service and the meal were both fantastic.

Garden Grove is a solid "no" from us. The lobster was like rubber, the fried seafood was mushy, everything was way too salty (and I am so guilty of over-salting my plate so this coming from me was a shock to DH), the service was mediocre at best (I know it's a buffet and I serve myself but a smile and a drink refill shouldn't be too much to expect). The desserts were good- but not enough to warrant the price tag.

Have eaten at Bluezoo a number of times. One of our favorites for seafood!

If you like sushi, definitely hit Kimonos, but stick to nigiri. It's well priced for the quality in WDW. I think it's a hidden gem in WDW. It's not going to be the best sushi you've ever had, but it's going to be on par with your neighborhood sushi joint, with a similar price point for nigiri, so, I think it's a bargain. It's almost like not paying WDW prices.
Also Fuel's sandwiches - they might seem a tad (just a tad) pricey, but once one's in front of you, you'll understand. Again, remember, you're in WDW, AND in a hotel, so there's an upcharge across the board for everything. Picabu is worth looking into as well. It's definitely no frills as far as any type of ambience, but you can get some decent eats there for a not so WDW price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter