Any news on the coquina replacement in the full hook up loops ?

bigdisneydaddy

Fan of all things Fort wilderness
There were pics and info a couple months ago about the replacement of the coquina with gravel in the 1600 loop. Has anyone seen the work expanding to the other full hookup loops ? 1700,1800,1900 ?

Yes all the full hook up loops in the clover leaf (1600,1700,1800,1900) have been completed, well actually they are finishing the 1900 loop this week.

Which do you prefer

I personally prefer the coquina. Not too sure if the CM’s are leveling out the gravel when they come around and prep for the next camper or not, but I had to level out our site from some tire ruts. That and walking around in the tent pushed the gravel into little piles. :sad2: It was better though ‘cause it wasn’t get tracked into the tent.

I just rode through this afternoon. 1900 is closed. Looking in, the sites I could see still had coquina. There was also one stray site in 1800, I think, that had coquina.

The new black pea gravel did seem to be raked in the sites i noticed. Not sure how easy or hard it is to level compared to the old stuff.

j

I’m thinking that even though the sand (crushed shell) is a little messy (especially while tent camping) I already know I’m going to miss that coquina.

I dont think I will miss it, any moisture and it got tracked everywhere. Most of the sites could also benefit from some timber border repair. I am glad to see this happening, makes me look forward to the 1700 loop even more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!