Any news on any holding account updates?

las3888

DIS Veteran
We are booked for late summer (after May plans got squashed). My 2 concerns are that I have a few borrowed points from 2021 in order to make this reservation. I am wondering if I cancel, will they still move these points back to 2021 as they are doing now. Also I wonder if they are reinstating the holding account policy if you cancel less than 31 days out. We have a little bit of time regarding the holding account, but just wondering if anybody has heard updates on these things. I talked to MS a few days ago and they said that likely an announcement about these 2 things would be made when they made any reopening announcements. Thanks!

So far, they are still returning borrowed points. I read elsewhere that a CM from MS said they don’t have info when either these temporary rules will be eliminated.

IMO, I expect them to be stopped by the time parks open. But no official word yet

I did note that they removed those polices from the online message on member website. So, it’s not being actively promoted any longer

I had a July 2020 trip that had to be canceled b/c our local airport canceled all flights for the month of July to Orlando. I had borrowed 46 pts from 2020 to initially make this July reservation. Any thoughts if MS could work some magic to reinstate them for us back into our 2020 UY?

@Sandisw You were right! MS confirmed for me, on chat, that my 46 borrowed points from my Dec. 2020 UY will be returned within 15 days from today. YIPPEE! :yay: thanks for the tip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!