Any New Yorker's suppose to go in August??

lynnfitz

DIS Veteran
Hi, we're scheduled for mid August. Not looking too good for us now-I was thinking of pushing it out to mid September. Any other NY folks in the same situation? I am renting points, so I do have to see when they expire-she thought end of Nov., but I asked her to please double check before we make any rescheduling.

Yep! We fly out 8/29. I feel less confident every day now, but we will wait until it gets closer to see what happens. This is our rescheduled April trip :(

Oh boy....finger's crossed! We fly out on the 8th, a few days at Universal, then going to Bay Lake. I think I might just feel better if I just went and changed to Sept. I feel like it's not too far out, but hopefully far enough out for Florida to start to get their numbers down. I really feel sorry for the people who were leaving in a day or two, then this quarantine came into effect-

We were supposed to be going end of July beginning of August but just moved our trip to next April because of the increasing cases in Florida. So bummed.

We fly out August 15th. Spending a few days in Universal and then staying at AoA. I'm holding off for another 2 weeks before deciding. It's not looking good, but my fingers are crossed...and my toes too!

Our son and grandson were coming from Upstate New York in early August to visit us here, but we asked them to cancel. It's not good here.

NJ here but same issue. Decided to move August ressie to November, hoping things will be open by then.

We are in NY and supposed to go in October, so watching to see how things evolve. The uptick in cases does not worry me, but the mandated 14 day quarantine upon arrival in Florida coupled with a mandated 14 day quarantine upon arrival back home in NY is not something we could do. We won't go if the mandates are still in place.

OP, if you are renting points and the owner is able and willing to re-schedule for you, I say do it. You never know what DVC availability will look like if you wait it out, and the owner is under no obligation to make any changes for you.

Our trip is scheduled (was rescheduled repeatedly) for August 23, & we're desperately waiting.
We're not even sure if our Oct & Dec trips are going to happen at this point.

NJ here scheduled for August 29th. Anyone feeling like NY/NJ/CT are not going to be removed from the quarantine because FL's governor doesn't like us? I'm worried about final payment date.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. They removed Louisiana when their #'s improved, so it wasn't just negligence that we were left on the quarantine list. In my daydreams NY/NJ/CT bring a lawsuit against Desantis for discrimination. If he extends this past the first week in July, he should be forced to show legal justification.

NJ here scheduled for August 29th. Anyone feeling like NY/NJ/CT are not going to be removed from the quarantine because FL's governor doesn't like us? I'm worried about final payment date.
CT here. We’ve rescheduled so many times since what should have been our May trip. The last time, I anticipated a quarantine upon return so I bumped our dates up earlier to allow for a 14 day quarantine upon returning home. But I do think DeSantis will have a hard time justifying extending the tri-state EO again.

NY and going August 4th. We canceled this upcoming weekend but sticking it out for August.

Someone posted that DeSantis said in his press conference the other day that the tri state area mandate isn’t really needed anymore so I hope that means it will not Get extended.

Follow all precautions (as EVERYONE nationwide should be) as far as masking in public where required, inside public places, and outside in any other places where social distance not possible, practice proper hygiene with hand washing and antibacterial wipes/sprays/gels... doing all of these things protects yourselves and others. If you are comfortable doing all of that, then you can decide what you want to do about travel, IMO...

We have Aug 15 from NY and have fingers and toes crossed! The 14 day quarantine to FL from NY is supposed to expire by July 7 or something close to that, hopefully it is.

Coming from NYC and set to leave 8/8. I’m just not sure at this point 🤷🏻‍♀️ Is it worth it? I trust Disney, just don’t trust other people. People will lie about where they’ve been and take a Tylenol before entering the parks to reduce fever. I have a 10 year old, and I feel it would be horribly irresponsible of me as a parent to put her at risk like that.
I wanted to go and experience the parks at minimum capacity, but of coarse everything nice always comes at a cost!

Our son and grandson were coming from Upstate New York in early August to visit us here, but we asked them to cancel. It's not good here.
We are about 2 hours north of NYC and ended up cancelling and rebooking for August of next year.

We are last week of August(moved from May). Hoping the numbers go down so NY quarantine is lifted. Not sure what will happen with airfare/grand villa points if we cancel.

NYer- scheduled to arrive 8/15...watching the FL quarantine....waiting for kids’ COVID antibody tests (me and the wife had it in April)....watching Florid’s numbers. We lost our May trip and we have Columbus Day weekend booked too. COVID, you big stupid head.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts