Any new rumors about T2 replacement?

I really think they should make some of these spaces modular, so when IPs fall out of the spotlight, they can easily change to a new one. Some IPs are timeless (Potter will be, Seuss, Simpsons, Marvel (although they were almost dead in the 1990s)), but there are some, in my opinion, like Shrek that could be revived easily with a new theme. Same for Barney and some other areas (Nintendo is timeless if it does indeed move in there). One of my fears is they will decide Mummy is no longer cool enough and will raze it for a new screen ride. I don't care if they re-skin it, but leave the coaster alone!

Probably not even on the radar, but a Universal Classic Monsters haunted house year-round would be a hit with me. Or even a rotating-themed haunted house. Walk-through or dark ride, either way would be aces.

This would be pretty cool IMO.

An edgy 'Haunted Mansion - like' experience would be great.

Yes .. they have all the classics Universal Monsters in their cannon... I would love to see a dark indoor boat ride (ala Pirates).. whet they incorporate all the Monsters from scene to scene .. replete with angry villagers with torches.. even throw in a themed restaurant in the beginning that we pass by before the fun.. rip off Blue Bayou.. with cheaper prices.. why not

That would be awesome. Think Universal in general could use a good water or omnimover type dark ride. Something like Pirates or even Haunted Mansion with a Universal classic monsters theme would be great but eel the T2 pot would be too small for that. Think a themed land in the new park would be great.

So, has anyone heard anything new on this? Strange that nothing has been announced or that there doesn't seem to be any activity visible. Universal usually has a quick turnaround on these things.

Was wondering if anything has been announced and the likelihood it'll be open by the summer?

Considering they just announced Hagrids coaster, I guess we should expect silence until it's almost ready, even when we know what it will be...

I've seen photos of the work being done to the building, but not much anything else. JB would be anti-climactic. It's in the past, while Terminator is now getting another sequel with director James Cameron. Which I'm hoping since he's involved it will be amazing unlike the others.

Guys, it's a Jason Bourne stunt show. I'm not especially excited about the IP either, but that's what it is.

Yes .. they have all the classics Universal Monsters in their cannon... I would love to see a dark indoor boat ride (ala Pirates).. whet they incorporate all the Monsters from scene to scene .. replete with angry villagers with torches.. even throw in a themed restaurant in the beginning that we pass by before the fun.. rip off Blue Bayou.. with cheaper prices.. why not

The Monsters are rumored to get their own land in the new park. There's concept art showing a ride through Dracula's castle. Supposedly it will feature a Kuka arm. Comparisons have been made to Forbidden Journey.

Any updates for an opening this year? This just doesn't seem to get any attention for whatever reason.

Wish I knew where those construction photos were from that I saw about a month, or so ago. I can't remember which blog ended up posting them. However, all it stated was it shown that they were making the building itself slightly bigger (which you could clearly see in the photos) and that they were doing something in the inside as well to create more room. They were implying that it's going to be more focused on the action and stunt work rather than film. I did not recall when it was initially published, so more than likely last year.

The only thing more recent post about T2 from 2019 is this (on Google):
https://orlando-rising.com/universa...ons-frustrates-fans-heres-why-it-makes-sense/

And even then, it's simply explaining their theory on why Universal is refusing to announce, or say anything concrete about T2 (also Hagrid's Coaster, but that since has been anounced).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter