Any new rumors about T2 replacement?

wilbret

DIS Veteran
Walking Dead would be a waste.
Pitch Perfect doesn’t seem right.

Jason Bourne might work, but the series isn’t really in its prime.

Is Star Trek really a possibility?

Jason Bourne is still the most popular rumor so far...we might get some info after HHN is over next week.

Would love something themed to the classic monsters but think the best use would be a themed area in the new park. I o kind of agree that despite Bourne being the most prevalent rumor at the moment, the franchise seems kind of outdated at this point and doesn't really seem to have a classic status to really create a new attraction around.

Stranger Things...
Anything's possible, but I just don't see this as a "classic option" that will have staying power. I'm not necessarily advocating Star Trek, but it has cache and fits the bill of "action," and would be funny to come out as Star Wars hoopla builds over at WDW. I like the Bourne movies, but it just feels weird to me and should have been done 10 years ago if so.
Pitch Perfect would be okay, I guess, but seems kinda lame to waste the space for something they could do pretty much anywhere.

I'd worry about investing in a hot trend like Stranger Things and watch that fad die. Rumors were that it would be ACTION. It's not really an action series.

Anything's possible, but I just don't see this as a "classic option" that will have staying power. I'm not necessarily advocating Star Trek, but it has cache and fits the bill of "action," and would be funny to come out as Star Wars hoopla builds over at WDW. I like the Bourne movies, but it just feels weird to me and should have been done 10 years ago if so.
Pitch Perfect would be okay, I guess, but seems kinda lame to waste the space for something they could do pretty much anywhere.

I'd worry about investing in a hot trend like Stranger Things and watch that fad die. Rumors were that it would be ACTION. It's not really an action series.

They already said its going to be a Universal property so Stranger Things wouldn't be possible. Star Trek would be an embarrassment if that was it. Disney builds a whole immersive Star Wars world and Universal just throws in one ride. Star Trek fans barely turned out for this in Vegas. I would think its either Bourne or the Dark Universe.

All signs point that Dark Universe idea is dead. It has been a flop. I guess anything can change.
Star Trek experience existed for 10 years in Vegas. I only know because that's the hotel my company always put us in for conventions when it was still the Hilton.

Bourne will be cool, I just can't imagine my kids begging to go to the Bourne show. T2 at least had robots.

I enjoye the Bourne series but the violence is really over the top. They’d have to tone it down to appeal to a family crowd, as it’s more RL type vs fantasy (zombie, Spider-Man, transformers)

Vegas Star Trek experience at then Hilton had bit of captive audience of the large conventions it hosted. Have seen shows there, it’s quite a haul off main strip, even considering the monorail. Believe many didn’t want to extend the effort to get there

The footprint of the terminator building doesn’t seem all that large. Perhaps they’d go up and build a 2nd floor for a dark ride of some sort, just not another F&F type!

Classic monsters have their fan base. It could easily be rebooted in a walk thru fright house. The monsters house at USH was amazingly themed and very well executed with talented actors.

A year-round stand alone maze/house would be a huge draw, maybe too popular as it’d be ‘slow loading’ and actor costs might be prohibitive to being profitable

Maybe it will be Abbott and Costello / monsters lol

I enjoye the Bourne series but the violence is really over the top. They’d have to tone it down to appeal to a family crowd, as it’s more RL type vs fantasy (zombie, Spider-Man, transformers)

Vegas Star Trek experience at then Hilton had bit of captive audience of the large conventions it hosted. Have seen shows there, it’s quite a haul off main strip, even considering the monorail. Believe many didn’t want to extend the effort to get there

The footprint of the terminator building doesn’t seem all that large. Perhaps they’d go up and build a 2nd floor for a dark ride of some sort, just not another F&F type!

Classic monsters have their fan base. It could easily be rebooted in a walk thru fright house. The monsters house at USH was amazingly themed and very well executed with talented actors.

A year-round stand alone maze/house would be a huge draw, maybe too popular as it’d be ‘slow loading’ and actor costs might be prohibitive to being profitable

Maybe it will be Abbott and Costello / monsters lol
I like your out-of-the-box thinking here. Very creative idea to mix fun and fright. I remember when monster make-up was much longer show, too. Similar mix of entertainment for kids and adults.

They already said its going to be a Universal property so Stranger Things wouldn't be possible. Star Trek would be an embarrassment if that was it. Disney builds a whole immersive Star Wars world and Universal just throws in one ride. Star Trek fans barely turned out for this in Vegas. I would think its either Bourne or the Dark Universe.

I love Star Trek, but if they were going to do an attraction based on it, it's difficult to know what era they'd even go for. Original Series? Next Gen Era? JJ Abrams Era? definitely not the brand new series.

Also, if anyone wasn't aware, there was already a Star Trek experience at Universal when it first opened in Florida. It was where they film you playing a part in an original series episode and you get a VHS tape of it. IMO they should have done Next Gen for that experience since it was already out for 3 years by then and I didn't have much interest in the original series.

I agree that Bourne is too dated. That's why I hope it will be something timeless (Universal Monsters) or build it to be flexible and can change yearly or seasonally.

When I was there 2 months ago, I was talking to a team member in one of the stores and we were chatting about new rides coming. I had asked about Terminator, but he said he heard it will still be Terminator, but completely updated. Who knows! Although I like the films, I would like to see something new in there!

When I was there 2 months ago, I was talking to a team member in one of the stores and we were chatting about new rides coming. I had asked about Terminator, but he said he heard it will still be Terminator, but completely updated. Who knows! Although I like the films, I would like to see something new in there!

I wouldn't complain if it was refreshed. Do they have more terminator movies in the works?

Interesting, now if we could only get one of the boat captains to confirm this :). JK, fun to hear these reports, thanks. Sometimes I do think they really enjoy messing with the tourists though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!