Any last minute advice?

dgaston

Proudly wears a "Believes in Fairies tshirt"
I will be visiting my brother and his family next week. DH 14 yo DS and I will be able to get the So Cal tickets for DCA and DL (no hopping). While we are WDW veterans, I'm curious about what DL fans think are the "must sees."

Of course just thawing out (even if in the rain) will help after all our New England snow (LOL)

Don't miss "Soarin' over California" at DCA. It's the best ride I've ever been on!

The only other "not to miss" (IMO) ride at DCA is "California Screamin'", which is comparable to Rock n Rollercoaster at MGM. I also like the Bug's Life show, but I'm sure you've done that at AK.

At Disneyland, make sure you ride Indiana Jones. It's my favorite DL ride. Also, Pirates and "it's a small world" are far superior at DL--look for the differences from the WDW versions. Other big rides (Splash, Space, BTMR) are similar to the WDW counterparts, but they still have some slight variations. There's also a ride in Toontown that WDW doesn't have--Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin. It's pretty fun--reminds me of the Buzz Lightyear ride, but you don't try to score points.

I hope you have a good time. I know you'll love DL just as much as WDW! :p

Tigeroo42: Thanks for your help! I'm getting excited!

We liked the Animation Building in DCA Hollywood back lot. It has some neat interactive things and the girls loved to see the early drawings of the animated films. Take rain ponchos for the raft ride, you will get wet. Soarin and Screamin are my two favorite rides over there. But we also liked the Zephyr. It looked lame, but we really enjoyed it.

Indy in DL is wonderful. Our favorite ride is the Story Book Canal Boats, but at night. They have lights on all the little houses that make them very magical.

Have fun, and try to take your time.

Don't miss these attractions:

DCA - Soarin', Screamin', Alladdin, Ultimate Margaritas at Ariel's Grotto, the Animation Building (and Walt...One Man's Dream),Soarin' again.

Disneyland - Indiana Jones, Big Thunder in the back row (do the Goat trick), the Original Haunted Mansion and (BIG time don't miss) Believe.....There's Magic in the Stars fireworks show.....from a choice location.

Have a Blast! :smooth:

Thanks for your tips! Getting very excited now

Disneyland Guy: My ignorance is showing--what's the goat trick?

It's not really a "trick" per se, it's just a thing to do that makes the ride more fun. First...ask for the very back row...if you have to wait for it...wait for it....at the top of the 2nd chain lift is a goat chewing on a stick of dynamite, as you pass the goat the train goes into a sweeping right turn....turn your upper body to the right and KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE GOAT. The goat doesn't do anything.....it's what happens to you and your perspective that makes this cool. Try it.

Don't believe me? Ask the cast members doing the loading about the goat trick....they'll tell you about it.

Have a Blast! :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter