Any interest in a somewhat brutally honest weight loss thread for 2016???

Rose&Mike

DIS Veteran
Hi all. :)

In 2010 I lost 50 pounds and kept it off for about two years in large part due to wonderful support from disboards.

Life happened (injuries, illness, relocation, laziness, etc) and I am up about 40 pounds. (Maybe more--haven't checked this week).

I am ready to hit it hard in January with DAILY weigh ins and weekly progress updates. That's what works for me.

Looking for a group of folks with the following mindset:
1. Willing to be honest about their weight and what they need to lose.
2. Willing to give honest, yet positive feedback. No being mean, but being politely honest is ok. I know I can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect to lose.
3. Willing to check in a couple of times a week to talk about weight loss plans, progress, exercise, setbacks and personal stuff--as it relates to your weight loss journey.

I am happy to keep track of goals and moderate and will set up a formal plan if there is interest.

My plan right now is to hit it hard beginning Jan 3rd.

Interest? Thoughts?

Maybe...I've got about 40 lbs to lose too. I'm feeling pretty disgusted over it these days and know I need to get it off. Felt so much better when I didn't carry the extra weight around. Plus very few of my clothes fit anymore. Sigh.

I would be very interested. If I went by the chart at my doctors I should lose 100lbs but that seems a little intimidating but would love to start at a 60lb goal. So far off track and really want to get ME back in 2016. So unhappy and in pain right now.

Maybe...I've got about 40 lbs to lose too. I'm feeling pretty disgusted over it these days and know I need to get it off. Felt so much better when I didn't carry the extra weight around. Plus very few of my clothes fit anymore. Sigh.
Welcome! I get the disgusted feeling and I have an entire closet full of clothing that don't fit, but I know I need to let go of some of those negative feelings and turn them into something that moves me forward. I could go on and on about how I can't believe I am in this place AGAIN, but it really isn't serving a purpose. I am going to try to use some of that energy to put a plan in place for the new year.
I would be very interested. If I went by the chart at my doctors I should lose 100lbs but that seems a little intimidating but would love to start at a 60lb goal. So far off track and really want to get ME back in 2016. So unhappy and in pain right now.
60 pounds is doable. :) 100 pounds is doable, but take it one month at a time--and even one day or meal at a time if that's what you need to get moving in the right direction. I had to go on bp meds in Sept--was it the extra weight? Maybe. But I had a lot of other contributing factors as well. It is hard though sometimes not to beat myself up over it. Take the pain and unhappiness and use it as a motivator. I have never heard anyone say they felt worse after losing weight. :)

Definitely interested. I have about 50 PDs to lose

Kim
Great to see you. :)

Glad to see some interest! I will put together some kind of tracking/reporting system and what the thread will look like. I can either edit the title of this one or start an official thread for January. Let me think about it for a day or so.

Meanwhile--something to think about:
What do you plan to do to get ready for healthy choices in January? Do you have a plan that has worked for you before or do you need to reinvent the wheel?

Definitely interested. I have about 50 PDs to lose

Kim
Dopey 2017! Awesome! I would also love to do that. I want to do another run so bad. I did the Princess 10K this year and that was the last time I ran.

And I have to ask Hockeychic. Do you play hockey or just love to watch it? I am a hockey mom of a rep goalie. Love that sport.

I would like to join you! I have about 50 lbs to lose and it's intimidating. I need to get back to excercising. It'll be nice to find an active group! I'm a low carber if that makes a difference. Water needs to be something I'm very conscious of.

I would like to join you! I have about 50 lbs to lose and it's intimidating. I need to get back to excercising. It'll be nice to find an active group! I'm a low carber if that makes a difference. Water needs to be something I'm very conscious of.
Welcome! 50 pounds is doable. It took me about 9 months in 2010. I know that might seem like a long time, but with every pound you will feel better. I am somewhat paleo--I don't eat gluten (severe intolerance) and try to limit dairy. If I go completely low carb I am miserable so one of my goals is to look for paleo desserts/treats. And because of my bp meds I am supposed to drink a minimum of 48 ounces of water every day. This is a HUGE fail for me. I hate water. All water. No matter what you do to it. So that is what one of my big goals is going to be for 2016.

Right now I am fighting a nasty flu. Going on two weeks now, despite having had a flu shot. My plan for the next few days is to get a meal plan done for the month of January. I am so much more successful with a meal plan.

I have a title for an official thread--Why Not Now? Reaching weight loss and fitness goals in 2016--All Welcome!
I will post a link once I have it up and running. I will be happy to track and report pounds lost, % lost and % to goal.

I'll join you! I have about 10-20 lbs to reach goal. I have lost 1t over the whole year of 2015 (I know, not a ton, but progress!) I love to run and I need to get out more. Exercise makes me feel wonderful and I love doing it. The problem is motivating myself to get started. I also eat WAY too much junk food. It's mindless pleasure eating and it needs to stop. I am thinking of doing a jump start of only eating natural unprocessed food for the first 2 weeks of January just to get myself in the right mindset.

Dopey 2017! Awesome! I would also love to do that. I want to do another run so bad. I did the Princess 10K this year and that was the last time I ran.

And I have to ask Hockeychic. Do you play hockey or just love to watch it? I am a hockey mom of a rep goalie. Love that sport.

I hope I can get registered next year. I will be out of the country on registration day so need to get someone to do the registration for me, If I not then I will sign up for whatever is left when I get back or access to the internet.

I have done Princess weekend twice, lots of fun.

I use to play hockey and both my kids and husband use to play, well my daughter still does in a womens league here. My daughter played rep for both boys and girls teams over the years. However, I do love watching hockey as well.

I just re-joined weight watchers again yesterday. Just looked at myself on Christmas and don't recognize the body in the mirror as mine.

I always used to weight 20 pounds less than I do now. Did WW a couple years ago and took off 10 pounds, but went back to my old habits (drinking too much, snacking on chips, eating whatever sweets were around daily). I'd be happy with getting 15 pounds off, as I've been working out so know some is muscle.

Yeah - I'd love to chat and show support! I'm ready to keep this up. It's not just about losing the weight; it's more about making good habits to feel healthy for life.

I'm interested. I have 12 lbs to lose just to get back to pre-pregnancy weight (my son is 2, it's no longer baby weight). I look so much worse than before so I'm not convinced the 12 lbs will be enough. I have terrible eating habits and am extremely lazy in the winter. I haven't found the trick to fitting in exercise as a mom. :(

I am in it with you. I just love food and wine too much!! Healthier choices ahead for me in 2016. I need more self-discipline to exercise. As long as I am signed up for exercise classes I feel accountable and disciplined. However, once the class ends, my motivation to work out alone ends too. I know, just excuses. I hope a group like this would help me be accountable. I will be doing Dopey in January and know that will be motivating!! I will be walking more than running, but I want to finish it!!

Good luck to all and thanks to Rose for getting us started on the right foot for 2016!

Yeah I agree about exercise - if there's a class I'm more likely to go. But sometimes for me that's not enough. A little over a year ago, I hired a trainer 3x a week. So at least I've gained muscle (and God knows what I'd look like if I hadn't been working out with him). Knowing he's there waiting to torture me keeps me going back. Yes, it is expensive, but it's the only thing I really spend a lot on for myself. I told DH that I want to see how good I can get strength-wise and looking too when I'm 50 (13 months from now) and he was like, you're going to quit? Why? LOL - he sees that me having a trainer is what works for me.

I weighed myself today - up 2 pounds from yesterday? It must be salt! Weekly is better - it can fluctuate.

Good luck to us all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!