Any ideas?

bmt337

Atlantic Canada
My husband and I and our 7 yr old son, as well as the daughter of someone we know will be going to Orlando Oct. 11th. My husband had planned on gong to see a Nascar race in Louden, NH in Sept. and I had planned on going to Florida in October. So much for separate vacations! But we decided to take this trip together and we are going to be taking a 12 yr. old girl with us whose has had more than her share of problems to deal with. I had told her that if she could save up the money to go I'd take her. She gave me her fare for her airfare so I reserved our flights last week. My husband has his reservations about our taking her with us because of everything she's been through. Her dad has a lot of personal (emotional) problems and his daughter has had to take care of herself and her other sibling. She hasn't had much of a opportunity to be a child and has missed out on a lot. I'm really glad shes coming but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, thoughts or input on how we can make it a trip to remember. We are arriving Oct. 11th and flying out Oct. 20th. Financially its taking everything and I mean everything to make this trip a reality. Does anyone have ideas, thoughts or input on how we can make this a trip to remember.
Her dad tried to kill the kids I want this trip to be something she can hold onto. Any thoughts are much appreciated.

...I don't know what to say, but thank goodness she has someone in her life like you and your husband. And you know what, WDW is wonderful, special and fabulous all on its own. Just like her. And you!

Disposable cameras are a wonderful, easy, and inexpensive way to capture once in a lifetime experiences...

Enjoy!

That poor girl

I agree with mbb, luckily she has you and your hubby. I bet you will know it was all worth it when you see the look in her eyes when she walks down Main Street in MK.

If you are staying offsite alot of hotels offer a free continential breakfast, or even if you are on site buy one of thoes cheaper foam coolers and buy some food for some of your meals. Have you looked into getting your tickets from CAA they sometimes have some Canadian money at Par deals.

Sorry I really don't have alot to off but just know what you are doing is wonderful.

What a nice gesture to be taking this young girl with you :-)
Maybe print out some pics of the characters to make an autograph book?

Have a great time!

That is great that you are taking her!
I'm sure that even if you don't do any of the extra's this will still be a vacation she will never forget-disney has so much to offer!
I too am big on preserving the memories!! Get her a couple of disposable camera and a scrapbook album-get her to keep park maps,park ticket,napkins,ect as memorabilia to add to it later. A autograph book would be awesome. I would also recommend getting her a little travel journal so she can write in it each night before bed about the days events...we did this both times with our son and it is really priceless! He loves to read it and relive the memories!
These are all pretty inexpensive things she can do.. And don't forget that you are showing her a different side of the world-many people don't have an oppurtunity to get on a plane,have a holiday,meet different people and expand their horizons-now that is priceless.
Grover in Winnipeg
:) :) :) :)

Thank God she has your family in her life. I would find out her favorite character and call Central Reservations, explain the situation....They might be able to arrange something special
Hope you have a wonderful trip

If you used a travel agent to make your booking have him/her call Disney and explain what is going on. If not, and you are staying at a Disney resort, call the resort directly, ask for the hotel manager and explain the situation. You may be surprised what Disney can come up with.

It is my sincere hope that you will not be offended by this, but I would like to make a small contribution towards this young girl's trip. We can't get to WDW for a couple more years (newborn slowing us down ;) ;) ), and would like to help someone else enjoy it - she sounds awfully deserving to us. Please PM us an email address or regular address so we can make the arrangements. As a former ward of the Children's Aid Society and an adoptee, I would consider it a privelege .

Carl.

You said " that she's had to take care of her siblings" , one of the things you may find is that she may feel guiltly that she's having fun without her brothers & sisters. Please reaffirm that she IS allowed to have fun and her siblings would want her to have fun. Maybe you could get her postcards of the characters, then have the characters sign them, for her to give as gifts for her brothers & sisters. This would be a great way for her to spread joy back into that sad family situation she has to return too.

May God bless you richly for this wonderful deed.
Wendy

...we love the Dis....Congratulations, DisFan2, on
"slowing down;) ;) "...your new little one must not be crawling yet!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter