Any ideas about what to wear in early April?

hineshm

4 the luv of Mickey
We are from Louisiana where shorts are appropriate attire everyday. I am not sure how to dress and what to pack on our upcoming trip. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated!

I would of course keep an eye on the weather reports for Anaheim as it gets less than 2 weeks before your trip. I would pack layers- sweatshirts or jackets (with hoods in case of rain), shorts or jeans with t-shirts. It will be chilly in the morning and evening and probably mild to warm in the afternoon. I go every year at the end of April and I pack long sleeves for the morning and night, t-shirts or tanks for the afternoon that I wear under the long sleeved (I wear a backpack to toss the sweatshirt), shorts or cropped leggings, and I wear either Toms or Sanuk sandals. I pack a poncho for the occasional rainy day that I may or may not expect.

Southern California is a really laid back place and shorts, when warm enough, are always okay. There is no need to dress nice at Disneyland. We have had a rather cool winter, so its been a little colder than it is normally here. By early April I would expect highs that could range from the high 60s to high 70s, depending on what the weather is doing, but it may be cooler than that.
Temperatures can drop after sunset, so I also recommend the layers approach. Make sure you have a jacket that you can take on or off as needed. Usually it doesn't rain much in April or at all, but we have had a super wet winter, so it's possible to have a rainy day or two. Our rain is not like rain in the south. It rarely pours, it's more of a light steady rain to a drizzle, compared to the South.
Don't stress about clothes. Wear what makes you comfortable and plan to layer a little bit.

About 7-10 days before your trip, start checking the local weather reports for DLR. (One site to check is abc7.com -- a local news station.) Then ask here what people are wearing to the parks at that time. If there is any weird weather going on, you'll hear about it! Layers are a good idea most of the year at DLR. Even in the warmest weather, it can get a little chilly when you have to wait for evening shows by the water.

Plan on bring a variety. Shorts, jeans, sweatshirts, sandals, tennis shoes, warm socks. A week can see a temperature swing of 20 degrees in the highs so while shorts are appropriate one day you might want the sweatshirt the next. I would also plan on bringing a warm jacket for nighttime as it can get cold standing in one place watching shows.

Rain is also possible that time of year.

And I’ll tag into what was said above- almost anything is “appropriate”. You’ll see spaghetti strap shirts to yoga attire in the parks and no one will blink an eye. Wear what you want :)

We are from Washington and went in early March and it was in the 70s so it was shorts weather for us, even the 60s is shorts weather!

A $10 locker is ultimately a moneysaver for me. We wear our sweatshirts most mornings (Arizona people, we freeze when it's 60 degrees) get the locker and stuff the sweatshirts in, then enjoy our day. Sweatshirts come out again after dinner and have sometimes been replaced by late-afternoon souvenir purchases.

How does this save you money? If your child brings a sweatshirt and has it around their waist midday, she/he is sometimes prone to leaving it behind on a bench on in a bathroom. And you replace it with a Disneyland model. Or if said child (or spouse) decides they "don't need a sweatshirt" that day and you end up buying a $60 Disneyland replacement when the temperature drops after dark.

I do good on my own advice at Disneyland, but I had to raid Target for the only child/adult women's track jackets over a 4th of July beach trip because we didn't bring sweatshirts, and DD16 is now the proud owner of a $30 Magic Mountain sweatshirt because she didn't bring anything during our cold day there last week.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter