Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister's FL Res pass lapsed in Feb. She has tried to renew or purchase a new AP over the phone and at Guest relations in DS and HS in the past two days. All were adamantly "No" bc her renewal window lapsed just before the full shutdown. We were told that once new AP's are for sale, she can apply multiple ticket values up to the cost of a new AP. So, if she buys and uses all days on 2 of the 4 day FL res tix, she will be able to apply the full cost of both to the purchase of her new AP backdated to the first day the first ticket was used. Fwiw, Disney Springs was the most knowledgeable and helpful location.
Makes sense, they were pretty clear in the wording that the only people allowed to purchase right now are those who cancelled or had their AP expire during the shutdown.

My family had Disneyland annual passes which we canceled during the shutdown because we knew Disneyland wouldn't reopen before we moved to Florida (it didn't/hasn't...)

I wonder if Disney would allow us to purchase Disney world passes now?

My family had Disneyland annual passes which we canceled during the shutdown because we knew Disneyland wouldn't reopen before we moved to Florida (it didn't/hasn't...)

I wonder if Disney would allow us to purchase Disney world passes now?
Doubt it. They’ve always been considered as complete separate entities ticket wise.

Did they give you the option to renew with the extension/did you ask for it? Or did you just want the new AP?
Based on other accounts it sounds like they are really only giving you the option for a new AP rather than a renewal. The price didn’t change but if monthly you’re required to do the down payment and what not.

Does anyone have any experience qualifying under their new criteria with an AP that expired in early March (March 02). I was within my renewal window when the parks closed and am hoping we may qualify for an AP purchase.

About buying an annual pass. I called last Tuesday shortly after it as announced And my name was put on the list for a callback. I just got my call back yesterda. I was able to purchase a new annual pass and it will be activated the first time I use it at the park. I had an unused seven day ticket and an eight day ticket that I wanted credited towards the purchase of the annual pass. They said that I could only do that at the gate but they were willing to refund the price of the tickets. So that’s what I did and purchased a new annual pass.

About buying an annual pass. I called last Tuesday shortly after it as announced And my name was put on the list for a callback. I just got my call back yesterda. I was able to purchase a new annual pass and it will be activated the first time I use it at the park. I had an unused seven day ticket and an eight day ticket that I wanted credited towards the purchase of the annual pass. They said that I could only do that at the gate but they were willing to refund the price of the tickets. So that’s what I did and purchased a new annual pass.

What was your situation? Did you simply just call and say you cancelled your pass and want to buy a new one? You mentioned them refunding the price of the tickets. Did they refund it over the phone or are they saying you can go to GS and they will offer you a refund?

I had already cancelled my pass a few months ago. When they called me back I just said I wanted to buy a new pass because I had cancelled because of the closure and new restrictions. They refunded the unused tickets I had over the phone.

I am still waiting on my callback....I called Wednesday. I'm hoping I get a call back before the end of the week.

My hope is that they will allow me to also get passes for both of kids as well for our trip in December, but I'm not holding my breath. At the very least, I'd like to be able to use the money I would have to spend on tickets for them on this trip towards an AP when they open back up.

I believe I read somewhere they were allowing that even for used tickets on an AP, but the AP would retro back to the date of the ticket and not date of Purchase which of course would be ok with me.

We will see....If I ever get my call back! :)

Last edited:
This is all promising news. Once I receive my refund I will attempt to purchase new passes

Doubt it. They’ve always been considered as complete separate entities ticket wise.
You are incorrect. Way back when, think 25-30 years ago. When you bought a multiday pass at Walt Disney World and burned several days at Walt Disney World, you could use the remaining days at Disneyland. I did this a couple of times.

Nowadays you are correct.

I wonder if they will let me buy annual passes. I have one existing one (not activated) but none for rest of family. *shrug*.

I have other tickets to use but I would prefer whole family to have passes for ease and flexibility.

I wonder if they will let me buy annual passes. I have one existing one (not activated) but none for rest of family. *shrug*.

I have other tickets to use but I would prefer whole family to have passes for ease and flexibility.
I don’t think so based on the current rules, but it can’t hurt to call and ask.

Does anyone have any experience qualifying under their new criteria with an AP that expired in early March (March 02). I was within my renewal window when the parks closed and am hoping we may qualify for an AP purchase.
Call. This is so case by case you won’t get a certain answer until you present your own case to Disney.

Does making APRs activate a new AP, or only actual entry to a park? My October trip was cancelled last week due to the ongoing travel restrictions and I am rebooking for March/April. So I am going to (re) buy APs so that I can make APRs but I am mindful of the fact, that there is no guarantee that travel restrictions will be lifted by March 2021. I just received my AP refund, so I may as well recycle the monies back to WDW. 😂

Does making APRs activate a new AP, or only actual entry to a park? My October trip was cancelled last week due to the ongoing travel restrictions and I am rebooking for March/April. So I am going to (re) buy APs so that I can make APRs but I am mindful of the fact, that there is no guarantee that travel restrictions will be lifted by March 2021. I just received my AP refund, so I may as well recycle the monies back to WDW. 😂
No, they only activate when you actually use them. You can always cancel a park reservation up to the day your supposed to use it, or not even show up. So that doesn’t activate the pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter