Any idea when we can buy WDW annual passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand and appreciate the Disney is trying to manage expectations and etc., but I'm so tempted to get Universal Studios passes now just so I can get back to being a passholder again. Even if it's not with Disney.

Being from SoCal, of course I'm very familiar with USH, and not nearly as big a fan. In part because it was a longer drive, but also because I felt the theming was inferior and too many of the rides were essentially 4D movies and lacked repeatability. So, it never warranted having an annual pass. Are their Orlando parks any better?

Again, I appreciate that Disney is trying to do right by it's guests. However, I'd personally be OK with all the restrictions. I miss being in the parks so much, one tenth of a loaf is better than none. Perhaps could Disney give us 3 months extra (for example?) I remember when Disney gifted everyone an extra month on our passes for no reason at all (that I know of), so 3 months to make up for COVID restrictions makes perfect sense to me.

By the way, some of you may know me from Micechat. Excited to be part of this community!

Is Pete Werner the local Dusty Sage? :) Just curious!

The extended pass offer ends Sept 30, I think. We moved here Nov 2018 and the pass Was bonus 6 months and it just expired.
I love Universal , they have a Mardi Gras Celebration and the floats are designed by the Artist that designs the New Orleans Floats. I don’t go to the scary Halloween but still love to visit for the enhanced theming.
They even have a yearly garage sale with reduced pricing . BUT the biggest reason I love Universal is the Grinch and all the holiday decorations. With all the lights and music they could easily steal the Osborne Holiday Spectacular theming from you know who!

Anyway I wonder if Disney will design a new yearly AP ; knowing Santa brings money that buys many passes every year!

Seeing several blogs reporting that Disney World is selling AP's to folks that had them expire or had cancelled during the COVID pandemic. Reports are that you can do this by calling (407)-WDW-PASS or by visiting guest relations. I haven't seen the DIS report this as of yet so I'm not posting a link as I know they prefer links from their site but even if you search Google News you can find the article. Supposedly it is being done on a case by case basis.

Will try later this afternoon and see what results I get.

Last edited:
Let us know how it goes.

I'm still waiting for park hopping to come back before I buy in again, also waiting for my dream that out of state APs cost half of Florida APs (as they should) but I'm guessing Disney is going to go the other way with that. :)

Let us know how it goes.

I'm still waiting for park hopping to come back before I buy in again, also waiting for my dream that out of state APs cost half of Florida APs (as they should) but I'm guessing Disney is going to go the other way with that. :)
Lol. Good luck waiting for that dream. Never, ever, going to happen. And I’m someone that is against dealing in absolutes. But I’m extremely confident going to the absolute on that one!

Seeing several blogs reporting that Disney World is selling AP's to folks that had them expire or had cancelled during the COVID pandemic. Reports are that you can do this by calling (407)-WDW-PASS or by visiting guest relations. I haven't seen the DIS report this as of yet so I'm not posting a link as I know they prefer links from their site but even if you search Google News you can find the article. Supposedly it is being done on a case by case basis.

any word? how u make out?

Since my wife and I are now considered in state, bought a FL Vacation home, I'm going to call and see if they can just apply the refund for our 2 out of state Platinum Passes we have yet to receive to new FL Resident Passes, One Gold and One Silver. I'd really like for them to allow me to go ahead and grab one for both my kids as well, but I don't se that happening.

My plan is to leverage the trip we already have booked for December to see if they can bend and allow us to get APs for them as well. If not we will just have to buy FL Resident tickets instead, but I'd really rather than money go towards an AP if I could.

Wish me luck. :)

Update: Was on hold for an hour and half!!

Here's the scoop:

1. From my understanding no CMs have the ability to allow purchasing a new AP for cancelled passes. They only have the ability to qualify you to be able to purchase a new AP based on your cancellation.
2. If you do qualify, the CM will fill out a form on your behalf and someone else will call you back within 72 hours to allow you to purchase a new AP.
3. Right now they are not allowing purchasing of New APs for anyone who did not previously have one and cancel it. However, that being said, it never hurts to be nice state your case and ask anyway. You never know...

When and if I receive the call back I will post an update of that experience here as well.

Update: Was on hold for an hour and half!!

Here's the scoop:

1. From my understanding no CMs have the ability to allow purchasing a new AP for cancelled passes. They only have the ability to qualify you to be able to purchase a new AP based on your cancellation.
2. If you do qualify, the CM will fill out a form on your behalf and someone else will call you back within 72 hours to allow you to purchase a new AP.
3. Right now they are not allowing purchasing of New APs for anyone who did not previously have one and cancel it. However, that being said, it never hurts to be nice state your case and ask anyway. You never know...

When and if I receive the call back I will post an update of that experience here as well.

Any idea what would make you qualify?

You have to have cancelled your AP or had your AP expire following the shutdown to qualify to be able to purchase a new one under this new initiative.
And it’d be like purchasing a new AP? Wouldn’t activate until I went back to the park? I may need to do this on my next day off...

I called ‭(407) 566-4985‬ on 9/19.... we had decided to add a 4-day trip in October in between our December Christmas trip. I already had a 4-day, 4-park + waterparks ticket that I had purchased for my son back in July because I let his AP lapse in February.
They applied the ticket to his AP renewal, charged me renewal price, and his expiration date is the same as mine, so he gets all of the date extensions as if we had renewed it in February. The cast member offered it up without me even asking and just confirmed that I’d be okay with the 6/30 expiration because it wasn’t technically “new”. I laughed and said, well... we didn’t miss much because I “technically” only travel during school breaks and 4th of July weekend so we didn’t miss any of our planned trips beyond what Covid cancelled. I’d definitely call. I spent approx 3hrs on hold though.

If you are allowed to purchase one is it treated like a renewal or a new purchase? In other words does it not activate until you use it or do you keep your old expiration date?

My sister's FL Res pass lapsed in Feb. She has tried to renew or purchase a new AP over the phone and at Guest relations in DS and HS in the past two days. All were adamantly "No" bc her renewal window lapsed just before the full shutdown. We were told that once new AP's are for sale, she can apply multiple ticket values up to the cost of a new AP. So, if she buys and uses all days on 2 of the 4 day FL res tix, she will be able to apply the full cost of both to the purchase of her new AP backdated to the first day the first ticket was used. Fwiw, Disney Springs was the most knowledgeable and helpful location.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts