Any idea how to increase odds of postcard or e-mail rate?

I received two identical e-mails... one to att e-mail @worldnet.att.net and the other @att.net (both addresses end up in the same mailbox).

They were from Walt Disney World and at the bottom they said:

You received this message because you provided your e-mail address and wanted to receive planning tips & reminders as well as future Disney offers via e-mail.

Hope this helps...:)

I have been registered at that site for a LONG time and NEVER received an e-mail or post card discount. What did I do wrong? After 8 on-site visits in the last five years and a loyal DC member, AP holder and Disney Visa Card Holder, where are my perks? Can anyone advise. Also a former American Airline Industry member *God Bless all those on 9/11

I got the e-mail offer, but it was the same as the codes ($25 off value, $50 off moderate, $100 off deluxe). There are currently 2 offers on the Disney Visa website, one for room only (also the same as codes) and one for packages. Disney Club discounts are available for the rest of the year if your card is still active, as well as AAA discounts.

So I registered some time ago by:

http://www.disneyworld.com
Select "Register" at bottom
Filled out form and checked all the 4 choices relating to receiving Disney offers and updates

Did I miss something?

Thanks
Jason

We received a postcard offer at our house today but oddly it was addressed to my sister at my address. She has an AP listed at her address but I always make the reservations and add her as the second party in the room. So obviously they aren't mailing them specifically to AP holders or to people who have actually made the reservation. She broke her leg and can't go with me this trip so the postcard I anxiously waited for is of no value to me.

I got my first postcard last week. I had recently (a month or two ago) registered at disneyworld.com and ordered the DVD and then I ordered the "toddler" planning info too (which is the same as the DVD almost except on video and comes with booklets about toddler stuff to do). I also recently applied for and received the disney visa card (but in my husband's name as the primary card holder - this postcard was addressed to me so i don't think I got it cause of the visa card). I also had made room reservations for May which I modified with the code in the postcard.

I wonder if they send them out based on where you live or something? I had previously (a couple of years ago) registered at disneyworld.com with a different email address and I never got any offers from them.

Try registering or have a family member (spouse?) register and see if that gets you something.

Editing post to add that I last visited 3 years ago - May 2000 - and we go about every 3 yrs or less. And that last trip was the only time I've stayed on property.

Good luck!
Carol G.

My theory (which is worth absolutely NOTHING) is that it may have something to do with when you last visited. We're there at least once a year and have never gotten a postcard or e mail (but have always gotten great rates through a variety of discounts because I read boards like these). My girlfriend hasn't been in 4 years and she's gotten 3 postcards in the last 2 years.

Franw - you can use the postcard since it has your address. That is what I was told when the same thing happened to me on Friday. I have received 2 postcards addressed to my 2 brothers - I make the reservations for the family. I called and they said it was ok since it was my address.

Now why I never get one in my name - I guess it is because I always have a vacation booked from year to year and they can see that we come back with or without a postcard. I do use the codes that are found here and at mousesavers, but this time I used theirs too!

I have tried ordering the video, in english and spanish. I have been registered on their wb site for years, I have the Visa and I have been interviewed in the parks - not one of these have given me a postcard or e-mail - go figure!

tkgdisney - thanks for the info. I'm glad you checked. I think you may be right about them being onto our "loyalty" as I have seen them pull up my name on their computers when I activate my annual pass and there seems to be my entire "Disney" history on the screen. I'll call today and try to re-book at the postcard rate. Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter