Any hotels near Disney that don't charge resort fees

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Or parking that don't cost $150+ a night after tax? I need a room for 2 nights before I check into our Disney resort..
I cannot believe the amount of places charging resort fees AND self parking fees....

Your dates will make a big difference to your rates. Share those and see what folks come up with.

So for two nights am assuming you aren't worried about fancy pools etc ...

Needed it for Sept 7 -9 I won't actually get in on the 7th until late, plan on spending day at Disney springs on the 8th then get up early on 9th to check into GF

I don't want anything like econolodge or roadway....

Last edited:
Look on booking.com. I found some hotels for a little over 300 for two nights with free parking. Their cost usually includes resort fees but you have t9 check carefully.

Try booking through Mousesavers: https://www.mousesavers.com/walt-disney-world-vacation-discounts-and-deals/ or the Disney Springs Hotels page: http://disneyspringshotels.com/

You can often find deals that waive the resort fees or parking fees or throw in free breakfast which might offset one of these. You can also look at what you get for the resort rate - sometimes it is actually worth value.

The ones I've seen the resort fees cover Wi-Fi, health club, bottle water and newspaper AND then a daily fee for parking... to me that's absurd... geez one or the other not both fees.. plus most hotels have free WiFi...

But I keep my eye on mouse savers thanks

First you are far enough off that I would book something you can cancel should you come across a better deal.

Here are some samples I found (I've stayed at all the Hilton):

Embassy Suites LBV SOUTH $113 (unheard of) plus $10 parking and includes great breakfast & evening receptions
[Honestly I'd book this and not look back, one of our favorites]

Hampton Inn Lake Buena Vista $122 and includes breakfast
Hilton Garden Inn Lake Buena Vista $113
Marriott Village Lake Buena Vista, all three hotels at $127 plus small parking fee and some have breakfast
Marriott Residence Inn LBV $127 and breakfast
Marriott Flamingo Crossing two hotels $153 with breakfast

Also some Holiday Inns in your range.

Last edited:

Needed it for Sept 7 -9 I won't actually get in on the 7th until late, plan on spending day at Disney springs on the 8th then get up early on 9th to check into GF

I don't want anything like econolodge or roadway....

I would suggest a Disney Springs hotel. Unfortunately, nearly ALL resorts and hotels in Orlando charges the resort fees. I can't recall is Champion Resort has a resort fee, it's the "cheapest" hotel I have stayed at in the Disney area, but is on the OTHER side of Disney from the airport. Rate for your stay is $61.65-$72.00 so even with fees would be what I consider to do be cheap.

I put in your dates at the rack rate of $72.00 for a basic room and got:
Room Charges144.00 USD -- two nights
Tax19.44 USD
Fees20.00 USD
TOTAL RATE183.44
USD

https://www.championsworldresort.com/

Or parking that don't cost $150+ a night after tax? I need a room for 2 nights before I check into our Disney resort..
I cannot believe the amount of places charging resort fees AND self parking fees....

Wouldn't it be great if they invented a hotel search engine that showed the actual price right away and not the fantasyland price? My advice is when you look for a room on one of the big hotel booking sites, add about 30 percent to the price you see because of all the fees and taxes.

We like staying at the Springhill Suites Flamingo Crossing, which "only" tacks on the state and hotel taxes. We just stayed there all-in for about $140 a night. It has a breakfast buffet and the area is nice and quiet with great access to Disney.

Another option -- Rent a timeshare. For example, if you rent Wyndham Bonnet Creek on ebay, the price you pay is all in. They have no resort or parking charges.

September is too far in the future for any discounts to be posted via Mouse Savers or the Disney Springs Hotels website. I'd go with HopperFan's advice and book the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista. I know she has stayed at many different off-site hotels, so the recommendation comes from experience.

Some notes: The $113 rate quoted at that hotel is non-refundable. The best flexible rate for those dates is $122+tax ($139.10 inclusive). Add the $10 parking fee and you're right at your $150/night. But, don't forget this hotel includes a free breakfast.

The rate is listed as a "Hilton Honors" discount. If you are unfamiliar, Hilton Honors is a frequent guest program that lets you earn points with each stay. You must be a Hilton Honors member to get the rate, but it's free to join.

September is too far in the future for any discounts to be posted via Mouse Savers or the Disney Springs Hotels website. I'd go with HopperFan's advice and book the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista. I know she has stayed at many different off-site hotels, so the recommendation comes from experience.

Some notes: The $113 rate quoted at that hotel is non-refundable. The best flexible rate for those dates is $122+tax ($139.10 inclusive). Add the $10 parking fee and you're right at your $150/night. But, don't forget this hotel includes a free breakfast.

The rate is listed as a "Hilton Honors" discount. If you are unfamiliar, Hilton Honors is a frequent guest program that lets you earn points with each stay. You must be a Hilton Honors member to get the rate, but it's free to join.

YUP, but also if you have AAA it came up $116 with ability to cancel. Even though we are Hilton Honors, I usually end up booking the AAA rate to avoid the non-refundable. They are usually within dollars of each other.

I get WAY more than my money back on my AAA discounts even if I never use the road support.

Try bringing up map quest. I have found several hotels to the west of the park - near Animal Kingdom area that do not charge a resort fee or for self parking.also check Celebration town area.

Yall are amazing! Thank you so much! Yall have given me a lot to work with! Boy a lot has changed since 2014 as far as pricing..

I'm staying at Red Lion Hotel, on 192, about 10 mins out from AK. Looks a bit dated, but the rooms are being refurbed, and it's getting decent reviews. I'm there for three nights, Jan 19-22, paying about $65 a night. It's actually $56ish a night but they add $27 for a hotel imposed resort fee to the bill. The fee is $9.08 a day. Not too bad.

So I found Drury Inn near by that has a great Gov rate and no resort or parking fees.. Was able to get a rate of $129 a night free breakfast for the two nights I needed before our Disney stay..

I'm staying at Red Lion Hotel, on 192, about 10 mins out from AK. Looks a bit dated, but the rooms are being refurbed, and it's getting decent reviews. I'm there for three nights, Jan 19-22, paying about $65 a night. It's actually $56ish a night but they add $27 for a hotel imposed resort fee to the bill. The fee is $9.08 a day. Not too bad.

It was actually totally renovated about four years ago when it changed hands so hopefully the rooms are not too dated. DD stayed there and said it was just fine.

So I found Drury Inn near by that has a great Gov rate and no resort or parking fees.. Was able to get a rate of $129 a night free breakfast for the two nights I needed before our Disney stay..

If on W Sand Lake that is a good location. Very nice side of I-4, we often drive to those shops or eats. Not that you'll need that but it's a nice location.

Drury Inn is very convenient for Universal, but not Disney. You can visit CityWalk and I-Drive attractions, though.

Drury also has a "Kickback" evening spread of food with free adult beverages. You can eat that and skip dinner somewhere.

Drury Inn is very convenient for Universal, but not Disney. You can visit CityWalk and I-Drive attractions, though.

Drury also has a "Kickback" evening spread of food with free adult beverages. You can eat that and skip dinner somewhere.

If it’s the Drury at the corner of Sand Lake and Turkey Lake, getting to Disney Springs is not too bad from there. You can either go down I-4 if driving outside rush hour or Turkey Lake when I-4 is a parking lot. It’s also not bad for getting to GF the next morning. You take Turkey Lake across Apopka Vineland and come into Disney from the backside by the warehouses. If going to Disney Springs you turn one way, and the other way brings you in past PO, FW, and then to the MK resorts. I often go in that back way when driving in from home, if I don’t feel like paying the 429 tolls.

i've been trying to find something without a resort fee. i booked magic moments "resort" (motel) but when you add in the resort fee it's less of a deal

i've been trying to find something without a resort fee. i booked magic moments "resort" (motel) but when you add in the resort fee it's less of a deal
Do you get Mousesavers newsletter? Yesterday their news letter had a sale of 25% off a room and waived the daily resort fee on B resort which is in Disney Springs. I looked at it and it seems really nice but I believe I will keep my Drury Inn reservation as it includes a hot breakfast and afternoon snacks, drinks and cocktails..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter