• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Hampton Roads scrapbookers here?

Pin Wizard

<font color=deeppink>I now have a new favorite at
Just curious if anyone is going to the scrapbooking weekend in Virginia Beach! :)

http://www.scrapbookescape.com/sbe/scripts/common/virginiabeach.php?page_id=98&c_id=136

Virginia Beach

Fall Frolic II
An October Weekend Escape

October 8 - 10th, 2004
Founder's Inn
Virginia Beach, VA

Weekend Information

This weekend Escape starts at 9:00 a.m. on Friday and provides non-stop cropping time through Sunday at 3:00 p.m. That's 54 hours of unlimited scrapbooking!

Each weekend participant will get a 3x3 reserved space to crop, continuous access to all of our equipment including the computers with color printers, scanners, and copiers, 4 delicious meals, a goodie-bag filled with some of the latest in scrapbooking must-haves, make-and-take demonstrations, fabulous prizes, an opportunity to take new classes, and access to several onsite vendors.

Make-n-Take Demonstrations

Several make-n-take demonstrations will be hosted through the weekend including ones hosted by each onsite vendor. All make-n-take demonstrations are free of charge, and you are welcome to participate in as many as you want.

Onsite Vendors

In order to ensure that you have access to supplies whether it be in the middle of the night or just to finish that page, Scrapbook Escape has several onsite vendors. We are pleased to include the following:
a CM Consultant,
a Leaving Prints Consultant;
a Scrap-in-a-Snap consultant
Classes

Scrapbook Escape offers several classes on a variety of topics and techniques. Class fees are in addition to weekend expenses and are only open to scrapbookers attending the weekend Escape.

Prizes and Goodie Bags

Each Scrapbooker will get a goodie bag filled with some of the latest embellishments, stickers, and other scrapbooking necessities. We will have regular, ongoing door prize drawings and you will get to select your own prize. In addition, we will have a large prize drawing on both Friday and Saturday nights (must be present to win). The grand prize - a full weekend Escape - is drawn on Sunday at noon. We purchase all of our own prizes to ensure the latest products out in the market so no obsolete inventory!

Meals

Scrapbook Escape will provide buffet meals during the weekend - dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on Saturday and a hot breakfast buffet on Sunday.

Overnight Accommodations

Discounted overnight accommodations are available through Scrapbook Escape, and you have the option of a single, double, triple, or quad room. Also, you can also post a message on the board to find another attendee coming to the event and split expenses.

WEEKEND PACKAGES
Package 1 - Full Weekend includes 2 nights accommodations (Friday and Saturday) dinner on Friday, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
Single Occupancy $355
Double Occupancy $265
Triple Occupancy - $235
Quad Occupancy - $225

Package 2 - Friday/Saturday includes cropping time from 9:00 a.m. on Friday through 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, Friday night accommodations, dinner on Friday and Saturday.
Single Occupancy $255
Double Occupancy $205
Triple Occupancy - $195
Quad Occupancy - $185

Package 3 - Saturday/Sunday includes cropping from 9:00 a.m. on Saturday through 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, Saturday night accommodations, dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.
Single Occupancy $225
Double Occupancy $185
Triple Occupancy - $175
Quad Occupancy - $165
LOCAL PACKAGES No overnight accommodations - Package 4
Local Weekend 3 Full Days $175 includes dinner on Friday, dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
Friday/Saturday Local $155 includes cropping time from 9:00 a.m. on Friday through 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, dinner on Friday and Saturday.
Saturday/Sunday Local $125 includes cropping from 9:00 a.m. on Saturday through 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday
DAILY RATES - Package 5
Friday Only $75 includes dinner, and snacks on Friday and cropping from 9:00 a.m. on Friday through 2:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.
Saturday Only $85 includes lunch, dinner, and snacks on Saturday and cropping from 9:00 a.m. on Saturday through 7:00 a.m. on Sunday morning.
Sunday Only $45 includes breakfast on Sunday and cropping from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Register Now

Additional information regarding payments and our cancellation policy can be found under the Terms section.
Payments can be made online via Visa or Mastercard. Scrapbook Escape also accepts checks or money orders and they should be mailed to: Scrapbook Escape, PO Box 221195, Chantilly, VA 20153. If you will be sending payment via mail, please send an email to escape@scrapbookescape.com and indicate your name, package, and contact information.

Thursday Night Option
Get an early start by staying over Thursday night. Doors open an hour earlier for those staying Thursday night. Start cropping at 8:00 a.m. Prices is per room not per person for this option only. All other rates are per person.

Thursday Night – October 7th, 2004 - $95 per room (includes tax)

REGISTER NOW

A $50 deposit is required to hold your space, and the final balances are due by June 15th. For complete information regarding our payment and cancellation policies, see the terms section of our website.

Package 1 Full Weekend Escape with 2 nights accommodations, breakfast and dinner on Friday, breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.

Full Weekend Single Occupancy
Full Weekend Double Occupancy
Full Weekend Triple Occupancy
Full Weekend Quad Occupancy
Package 2 Two Days cropping starting at 9:00 on Friday through 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, Friday Night accommodations, breakfast and dinner on Friday, breakfast and dinner on Saturday.

Friday/Saturday Only Single Occupancy
Friday/Saturday Only Double Occupancy
Friday/Saturday Only Triple Occupancy
Friday/Saturday Only Quad Occupancy

Package 3 Two Days cropping starting at 9:00 on Saturday through 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, Saturday Night accommodations, breakfast and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.

Saturday/Sunday Only Single Occupancy
Saturday/Sunday Only Double Occupancy
Saturday/Sunday Only Triple Occupancy
Saturday/Sunday Only Quad Occupancy
Package 4 – Local, No overnight accommodations

Full Weekend - All 3 Days
Friday/Saturday Cropping Only
Saturday/Sunday Cropping Only
Package 5 - Daily Only

Friday Only
Saturday Only
Sunday Only
PAY FINAL BALANCES

For complete information regarding our payment and cancellation policies, see the terms section of our website.

Package 1 Full Weekend Escape with 2 nights accommodations.

Full Weekend Single Occupancy
Full Weekend Double Occupancy
Full Weekend Triple Occupancy
Full Weekend Quad Occupancy
Package 2 Two Days cropping starting at 9:00 on Friday through 2:00 a.m. on Sunday, Friday Night accommodations, breakfast and dinner on Friday, breakfast and dinner on Saturday.

Friday/Saturday Only Single Occupancy
Friday/Saturday Only Double Occupancy
Friday/Saturday Only Triple Occupancy
Friday/Saturday Only Quad Occupancy

Package 3 Two Days cropping starting at 9:00 on Saturday through 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, Saturday Night accommodations, breakfast and dinner on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday.

Saturday/Sunday Only Single Occupancy
Saturday/Sunday Only Double Occupancy
Saturday/Sunday Only Triple Occupancy
Saturday/Sunday Only Quad Occupancy
Package 4 – Local, No overnight accommodations

Full Weekend - All 3 Days
Friday/Saturday Cropping Only
Saturday/Sunday Cropping Only
Package 5 - Daily Only

Friday Only
Saturday Only
Sunday Only

Hi, I'm a Hampton Roads scrapbooker also. Unfortunately I can't make it to the weekend crop but a good friend of mine has gone the past couple of years and has good things to say about it.
Lisa

Hi, Lisa! :wave2:

I see you're fairly new to the DIS. Welcome!! :) I'm glad to hear good things about it. I've been debating whether or not to go myself.

I'm new to the area and still trying to find scrapbook stores! I've found two so far. They seem to be few and far between in my area.

Edit! Oh! You're not new. Possibly a lurker most times. :) Welcome anyway. LOL!

:wave2: Hi! I'm a Lisa, too, and I live in Hampton. I shop at two stores in the Newport News area, but I also go to Micheal's or shop online for most items.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend that crop in VA Beach, but it sure sounds like fun. :D Next weekend is the Girl Scout Food Drive. :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter