• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any good Weight Watchers Recipes?

Beth E. (NJ)

<font color=red>Disney obsessed<br><font color=blu
DH and I have started doing Weight Watchers. I hate dieting more than anything -- but I hate carrying around these extra pounds too.

Does anyone have any good Weight Watchers recipes that they have tried and liked?

I have a recipe for rosemary chicken with wild rice that I love. It has a really good orange Dijon sauce. I'll post the recipe when I have enough energy to go downstairs and get the cookbook. :)

Vegetable Chili

2 zucchini
1 red pepper
1 green pepper
1 onion
1 clove garlic
1 can kidney beans, drained
2 cans (16oz) stewed tomatoes (mexican)
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1/2 T cumin
1/2 T chili powder

Chop and saute vegetables in large pot (no oil needed) for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 35 minutes. Enjoy! (1/2 point per cup)

Here's one I like, it is from WW online. If you haven't already been to the site
go to the community recipe page. However, always check the points for
the recipes. For a while there were trolls posting recipes that had much higher
ponits then what they were posting.

Creamy Chicken and Spinach

4 points
makes 4 servings

1 tsp oil
2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbs flour
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup chicken broth
3/4 pound skinless boneless chicken breasts, cubed
10 oz pkg frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 cups hot cooked pasta (I like spirals)
2 Tbs parmesan cheese

in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil. add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook 5 -6 minutes until veg softened

add flour, stir constantly, til flour is lightly browned, about 1 minute;
gradually stir in milk and broth
cook and stir 2 - 3 min, until mixture boils and thickens slightly
stir in chicken, spinach, pepper; return to a boil, stir
reduce heat, simmer, stir occasionally, til chicken is cooked, 6 - 8 minutes
place pasta in serving bowl, add chicken mixture and toss to combine
serve, sprinkled with cheese

Here's one I picked up at my W.W. meeting last night!

Taco Soup

1 pound of ground turkey or lean ground beef
1 large onion chopped
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 package Taco Seasoning mix
1 can each; pinto beans, chili hot beans, corn, stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor) and regular stewed tomatoes

Brown meat and onions, drain.

Mix Hidden Valley Ranch mix with Taco Seasoning into the meat. Then, without draining, add all of the other ingredients.

Simmer for 1 hour.

Makes 12 one cup servings

1 cup = 2 points

I have been doing WW since Jan........my favorite recipe is Diet Coke Chicken........sounds nasty but it's the BEST!!!!

boneless skinless chicken breasts (I usually cook 3-4)
1 cup ketchup
1 can diet coke
dry onion soup mix

mix the ketchup, diet coke and onion soup mix together. Pour over chicken in a large skillet. Let it come to a boil, turning chicken occasionally. Reduce heat, let it simmer until chicken is done (usually about 20 minutes). Remove chicken (keep warm), bring sauce to a boil for a couple minutes, pour over chicken and serve. It makes a wonderful BBQ type sauce but it's only 4pts for the chicken!

I made the Taco Soup last night, and it's actually more like a turkey chili. It's loaded with flavor, and very hardy!

This is a Weight Watcher recipe my mom used to make back in the 70's when she was on the program. We still like the flavor so continue to make. Hope you like it.

Oriental Chicken-
2 1/2-3 pounds chicken, combine 1/2c. orange juice, 2 Tablespoons soy sauce, 1/4 tsp. ginger, 1/8 tsp. cardoman seed, 2 Tablespoons instant onion. Mix well, spoon over chicken that is in baking pan. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 375 degrees for 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove foil bake additional 15 minutes. Liquid chicken is baked in is excellent on rice or mashed potatoes.

Thanks for the recipes! The weight is coming off very slowly -- i've lost 4 pounds in 3 weeks -- but at least it is coming off.

AlliM,
We had the diet coke chicken last night and it was delicious. I served it with egg noodles (4 points, I think). Thanks for posting that recipe!

A recipe with 4 ingredients. I think I can do this. I lose energy just looking at a recipe with more.

Oops! I meant to post this ages ago.

Rosemary chicken with wild rice

1 c wild rice
1 TBSP olive oil
1-1/4 lb skinless boneless chicken breasts, cubed
2 carrots, diced
1 TBSP dried rosemary, crumbled
1/4 c + 2 TBSP reduced calorie orange marmalade (I use Smuckers)
1/4 c Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp pepper

1. Cook rice according to package directions.

2. Heat oil. Saute chicken and carrots, stirring frequently, 3-4 min. Stir in rosemary, cook until chicken is cooked, 3-4 minutes longer.

3. Sir in remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, about 3 min. Add the rice, toss to combine.

6 servings
270 cal, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 52 mg chol, 370 mg sodium, 32 g carbs, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein, 31 mg calcium
5 points

This is a great sauce. I make it without the chicken with chopped brocoli instead of carrots and serve it with wild rice for lunch. Sometimes I use the seasoned wild rice mix because it's much cheaper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter