• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any good pork recipes?

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
I've never been too fond of pork, but DH loves it. I have a couple really good recipes for roast/tenderloin, but pork chops really have me stumped. DH would be happy with good, old Shake-N-Bake but I'm looking for something with a bit more flavor, I guess, and something that will not toughen them.

Any ideas? (esp. for chops)

I've used these two, in case anyone else would like some ideas.

PORK CHOPS CORIANDER CUMIN SPICE RUB
1 Tbl cumin seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
1 Tbl coriander seeds, toasted and coarsely ground
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 Tbl olive oil
2 pork chops, ¾” thick
2 Tbl coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
Garnish: lime wedges

Combine cumin, coriander, garlic, and 1 tablespoon oil. Pat pork chops dry and season with salt and pepper. Rub spice mixture on both sides of chops. Heat remaining oil in a large heavy skillet over moderate heat until hot but not smoking, then cook chops until just cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes on each side.
Serve pork chops sprinkled with cilantro and garnish with lime wedges.
(NOTE: This makes more than I use on 2 chops.)

This one is pretty good if I have the time/inclination to mess with cutting pockets in the chops. ;)

Raspberry-Stuffed Pork Chops

4 chops
4 Tbl raspberry jam
½ c dried apricots
1 Tbl oil
4 Tbl vinegar
2 Tbl honey
4 Tbl orange juice
1 Tbl mustard

Cut a deep pocket in each chop. Chop apricots & combine with jam. Divide into equal portions & stuff the chops. Brown the chops on both sides. Add remaining ingredients, lower the heat & simmer 8 to 10 min.

Those sound really good. I am always looking for pork chop recipes too. A few years ago I found these two so I have had a break from the Shake 'n Bake.

Sauteed Prok Chops with Balsamic Apples

4 boneless or bone-in pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
5 T. margarine
2 T. packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves, crushed
2 tart apples, cored, peeled and sliced
2 T. balsamic vinegar

Season chops, if desired with salt and pepper and the thyme. In a 12 inch skillet melt 4 T. of margarine over med-high heat and brown chops. Remove from skillet and keep warm.

In the same skillet, add apples and 1 T. margarine, and cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in sugar and vinegar and cook, stirring frequently, 1 minuter our until bubbling. Return chops to skillet and cook until done.

Pork Tenderloin Diane

(This recipe did not come with measurments, the ones below are what I use)

Season 1 pound pork tenderloin medallions with lemon pepper. Saute in a tsp. of butter until brown and juices run clear. Remove from pan and keep warm. Over high heat add 1/2 c. white wine, 1 T. worcestershire sauce, and 1 tsp. dijon mustard to the pan, cook and stir to thicken slightly. Pour sauce over medallions. Garnish with chopped chives.

Thanks, Twigs! That balsamic one sounds especially good...since we all really, really like balsamic vinegar!!

Mexican Pork Chops
6 pork chops
1/2 tsp salt
1 T oil
3/4 cup uncooked rice
1 1/2 cup water
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 envelope taco seasoning
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1 green bell pepper

Sprinkle chops with salt. Brown on both sides in oil. Drain on paper towels. arrange in baking dish and sprinkle rice around chops

Combine water, tomato sauce, taco seasoning. Pour over chops and rice. Cover tightly with foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Remove cover sprinkle with cheese and garnish with green perrpe rings if desired. Cover and bake for 15 minutes longer

When I make this I usually double the rice ingredients and make more to have left overs. I also use more than 1/2 cup cheese and have used both chedder and the shredded mexican or taco cheese.

Here's what I make with pork chops. No name, but darn easy.

Place chops in baking pan.
Mix 1/2 cup applesause and 1/2 cup ketchup and pour over chops.
Bake for one hour at 400 degrees uncovered.

They are very juicy and moist.

Thanks for the ideas! We do a lot of Mexican stuff here & this sounds like a nice addition to the line-up.

I would never have thought to combine applesauce & ketchup! But then I couldn't have thought root beer would taste good on sweet potatoes either. DS absolutely loved those at H&V!

I have become VERY enamored by the "Soy Vay" line of marinades lately. I get them at my regular grocery store (Shaws) but have seen them at Trader Joes too. They are made with soy, ginger, garlic, & sesame and when I marinate and then grill thick, center cut pork chops in it, they are to die for. They have a couple of varieties - we like the regular but there's also an "island" version that has more kick to it.

Thanks, mcnuss! I'll have to keep my eyes open for that one.

this is an easy one dish meal:

Brown pork chops in oil with salt, pepper, (red pepper optional) and garlic powder.

Peel and slice (about 3/8 inch) potatoes to fit bottom of baking pan (size depends on how many pork chops you cook). Place browned pork chops on top of potatoes. Cut bell peppers and onions into rings and place on top of potatoes and porkchops.

Take one can of cream of mushroom soup and mix with 1 can of water - pour over meat, potatoes, and vegetables.

Cook at 350 for approximately 1 hour. You can use more soup if you cook a large pan. this makes a very nice gravy with the potatoes and pork chops. You can put it all together and put in the the refrigerator a day a head of time also.

I usually cover it with foil for about half the cooking time.

Mexican Pork chops!!!! YUMMY

::yes::

Thanks for that recipe my fussy kids that eat nothing but a few things each ate a whole chop by themselves tonight!!!!!

My Mom always put minute rice in the bottom of the pan and then the browned pork chops on top then put cream of mushroom soup over the top and bake for an hour. Easy and good plus you could add some veggies!

I like mine with homemade BBQ sauce. Only problem is that I just dump and can't come up with a recipe right now if you want it I will make a batch tomorrow measuring it out for you!

This is the only recipe we like for pork chops. It uses pineapple in the slow cooker. The sweetness makes it so good!

FRUITED PORK CHOPS

3 Tbs. flour
1 tsp. oregano
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 pork chops
1 Tbs. olive oil or canola oil
1 20 oz. can of pineapple chunks
3/4 c. (1- 6 oz. can) of pineapple juice
1/4 c. water
2 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. chopped onion or dried minced onion
2 Tbs. tomato paste
1/4 c. raisins (optional)

In large resealable bag, combine flour, oregano, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Add pork chops one at a time to coat. In skillet, brown chops in oil. Transfer to slow cooker. Drain pineapple (reserving the juice) and set pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine the 3/4 c. pineapple juice with the reserved pineapple juice. Stir in the water, brown sugar, onion and tomato paste. Pour over chops. May sprinkle with raisins if you like. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 hours or on low 6-7 hours. Stir in the pineapple chunks and cook for 10 more minutes until heated through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter