Any good meatloaf rec.

littleEinsteins4

Live for making my children Smile! Disney brings m
Hello, I am not much of a cook and really want to explore other cooking options. I really would like to try to make meatloaf.

Any and all will help
Thanks

My favorite meatloaf is still my mom's from when I was a kid.....I don't even know the exact measurements...she just always did it...& I do too.

about 1 1/2 pounds gound beef
about 1 cup of oatmeal (not instant, real oatmeal)
1 egg
an onion chopped very fine
a bit of minces garlic
a few squirts of ketchup to paste it all together

mush it all together, form into a loaf, create a crease down the middle...pour some more ketchup.....

cook at 350 until done (usually about 60-70 minutes)

1 lb ground beef
1 egg
2 slices of cheese broken up
1 slice of bread crumbled
1 c of cooked white rice
1 big squirt of katchup
couple shakes of onion, garlic powders and salt & pepper to taste

stir all ingredients - put into loaf pan - cook at 350 for about 45- 60 mins..

I never used to measure & just added stuff "until it looks right" as my grandmother would say. But a few years ago I started writing out DS's favorite recipes for DDIL, so I made a point of at least trying to measure for my meatloaf. The one thing I never got a measure for was the bread crumbs. :confused3

Meatloaf
1 lb ground beef (I use 90% lean)
1 egg, beaten
¼ c? ketchup or BBQ sauce
1 - 2 Tbl A-1® sauce
1 Tbl? Parmesan cheese
2 - 3 tsp? Worcestershire sauce
several drops, maybe 1/8 tsp Liquid Smoke®
½ tsp cardamom
½ tsp coriander
¼ tsp ginger (dry, ground)
1 tsp garlic powder
bread crumbs

Mix everything together except bread crumbs until evenly distributed. Add bread crumbs until you can make a loaf out of it without having it stick to your hands. I'm guessing at least ¼ cup. I usually have to add several times until it "looks right".

I'm another who doesn't have a recipe.

Combine:
about 1 1/2 lbs ground beef (I use lean)
1 lb. sausage
instant rice
milk (or evaporated milk)

Squish the meats together until well mixed. (Add some milk until it is easier to mix.) It's okay if it's a little more wet than normal meatloaf because the rice will absorb the extra moisture. Then shake in a bunch of dry rice, maybe a cup? Mix it in really well. Dump in a baking dish and form a loaf with wells around the edges for the oils to cook off. I bake at 350 for an hour or a little more. I like to cook until it gets a little brown and crusty. My family loves this meatloaf and it's good the next day sliced on sandwiches too.

scrappinmom said:
about 1 cup of oatmeal (not instant, real oatmeal)

I've never heard of adding oatmeal - I'm going to try that next time around.

I try to use as little meat as possible so I like to add substitutes. Besides bread crumbs, I usually add a cup of mashed lentils.

this is very interesting to me - i usually make a meatloaf about once a week - and dont really use a recipe - just this and that - but i always make mine with the "meatloaf mix" meat which is beef/pork/veal - i never thought anything about it since that is what my mother always used - then i mentioned something about it to a friend and she told me not to make that whenever she eats over since she doesent eat veal - anyway - here is basically what i do

ground beef/pork/veal
mustard
ketchup
worcheshire sauce (sp?)
basil
oregano
salt/pepper
garlic powder
onion flakes
1 egg
parm cheese
italian bread crumbs

mix and shape into loaf
mix more ketchup/mustard/worcheshire sauce (mostly ketchup) and spread on top of loaf and sprinkle with garlic powder

bake one hour at 350

Thanks for all of your replies I will be making my FIRST meatloaf ever this week and cant wait to share.

PEACH COBBLER Recipies anyone?????? :)

Ana

Nanny's Meatloaf​

Before the recipe, and by way of explanation-my grandfather had heart problems, so she didn't use egg.

1 1/2 - 2 lbs ground beef
1- 12 oz can of tomato juice or V-8(reserve about 1/4 of the can)
Progresso Italian bread crumbs(enough to mix)
onion salt to taste
pepper to taste

I use the same pan I cook in to mix above ingredients, when well mixed, form into a loaf, I turn and knead it a few times so there's no hole in the middle. I use a large frying pan with lid(12" chicken fryer) heat pan on med/high heat-on TOP of stove-and brown both sides. Once it is browned, I add 1 large sweet onion, cut in half, then sliced, around meatloaf. Take remaining tomato juice, and add enough water to make about 2 cups of liquid. Pour over and around meatloaf. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 1-1 1/2 hours-I usually turn once during the simmering time, so it doesn't get too brown on the first side. I serve with either egg noodles(the juice is wonderful on the meatloaf and the noodles) or mashed potatoes-this comes out very moist, and makes great sandwiches later. Enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!