Any "Game of Thrones" fans... want to share what you think the end game will be? Update 1/20

LovesTimone

Christmas Day 2017
I love " Game of Thrones" the whole series is so awesome...I love that you never know what is going to happen...

So now we know that the series will return on April the 14th...I think that we are in for many twist and turns along the last 6 episodes.

Which characters will be left standing at the end?...

and

What one thing or several things - would you like or love to see happen?

and of course

Who will sit on the Iron Throne?

So here we go...

I lean toward that this is a story being told by Samwell Tarly -long after the war, and winter is gone...

That Jon and Daenerys - have son together -

I don't think the Daenerys will make it to the end, I also lean toward her giving her life to protect everyone, Jon and their son... - I am hoping that she does make it to the end.

I do think that Jon, Sansa, and Ayra make it to the end

I would love to see Jamie and Brienne together - she deserves someone to love her...

I think that there is more under Winterfell that we have been shown, and possibly Jon father's sword is there or Lightbringer possibly

Jon rides the dragon named after his father Rhaegal... and in the end he will ride Drogon...

I also lean toward the Tyrion is half Targaryen... and that Daenerys and Tyrion are half brother and sister and he will ride a dragon as well...

I think that the Golden Company is going to screw Cersei and Euron over and fight for Jon and Daenerys, - Daario will fact into the equation...

Gendry is really Cersei and Robert Baratheon son - something that she told Catelyn Stark in the first season, about having a son with brown hair that died... I am re-watching the series... when I see it I will post here... 1st season, episode 2,

I am hoping for Jon to be King... well you never know who will sit on the Iron Throne...

So what do you think?

Update 1/20/19 - So I was talking to another Game of Thrones watcher... and a point that she made was that Jon and Daenerys most likely will have a son together, and her reasoning was that the witch that told her that her son will rule the world...might not have meant the son with Khal Drogo... and in the Dragon pit, When Jon and Daenerys are talking about her not having any more children, Jon states that the witch could have been lying about her having more children... So she ( my friend) thinks that it is Jon and Daenerys son that ends up on the throne ruling the world... Which I totally missed that "clue" so to speak... It does have some weight?

Last edited:
I think Jon and Dany will be together but one will die in the end.

As far as who sits on the throne, I hope Jon but I could see Tyrion.

I think Sansa and/or Arya will make it to the end too but I could also see one of them dying - or both. I don't see Sam living but hope he does!

I couldn't have posted anything better than you.

I really would like to see Tyrion on the Iron Throne at the end, as Daenerys' half brother and uncle to her son with Jon. The idea of the three Targaryans riding the dragons is very appealing, albeit with only 2 of them surviving, both of the Targaryans and the dragons.

Interesting thought about Gendry. I hadn't considered him being Cersei's son. It'll be interesting to see if/what is revealed about that.

I can't wait for the season to start!!!

I couldn't have posted anything better than you.

I really would like to see Tyrion on the Iron Throne at the end, as Daenerys' half brother and uncle to her son with Jon. The idea of the three Targaryans riding the dragons is very appealing, albeit with only 2 of them surviving, both of the Targaryans and the dragons.

Interesting thought about Gendry. I hadn't considered him being Cersei's son. It'll be interesting to see if/what is revealed about that.

I can't wait for the season to start!!!

OP here,

The thought about Gendry comes in the 1st season, episode 2, the scene is in Bran's room, Cersei tells Catelyn Stark, that her 1st boy had dark hair, and looked like Robert, and that he had died, and that she never saw him again, never went to the crypt to visit... When Ned Stark finds Gendry and just by seeing him he know's that he is Robert Baratheons son... So as we all know nothing is ever as it seems in the Game of Thrones world...

For me if its not Jon ruling the seven kindgom's... Then I would like to see Tyrion as well, and more than likely he will be married to Sansa.. they both are about family and would protect Jon and Daenerys son...

The reasoning behind Samwell telling the story comes when Sam is at the Citadel, and is speaking to the Maester Pycelle, - Maester Pycelle ( I think that's his name) is talking about the book he is writing, and Sam makes a face at the title, and Sam says something about a better title...

I'm with you I can't wait for the new season to start either... it will be bitter sweet, as it will be the last season...

Last edited:
It will be interesting if the show does have plans to circle back to the Gendry storyline, particularly if it means there's a potential of a Barratheon/Lannister winning that throne after all. They did brother to bring the character back, so it's possible.

I'm eager to see what the show brings. But as a reader of all of the books before the series was ever announced, I'm far more interested in knowing what Martin's endgame is. I was used to long delays between the books before the series, but I never imagined that the series could possibly end before even the next book debuted. I want all of the fleshed out details of the story that will only be possible to discover on the page.

It will be interesting if the show does have plans to circle back to the Gendry storyline, particularly if it means there's a potential of a Barratheon/Lannister winning that throne after all. They did brother to bring the character back, so it's possible.

I'm eager to see what the show brings. But as a reader of all of the books before the series was ever announced, I'm far more interested in knowing what Martin's endgame is. I was used to long delays between the books before the series, but I never imagined that the series could possibly end before even the next book debuted. I want all of the fleshed out details of the story that will only be possible to discover on the page.
:confused3 I hardly even care anymore, it’s been so long. I do think the series writers have done a pretty great job of transitioning from his storylines to their own. If the final book(s) are ever published I wonder if GRRM will just use the plot that’s already unfolded and if not, how weird will that feel?

:confused: I’ll just never understand why he didn’t finish the series, especially given all the other projects he’s done in the interim. I received Fire and Blood for Christmas and am enjoying it although it is quite different in style than any of the Ice and Fire series.

As to the original topic, I’ve got no predictions really on what I think will happen but I hope Tyrion lives happily ever after! (Too bad Lyanna Mormont is way too young for him - that would have been a match made in heaven!! :cloud9: ) From the first book he’s far-and-away been my favourite character and Peter Dinklage has played the role masterfully.

Last edited:

:confused3 I hardly even care anymore, it’s been so long. I do think the series writers have done a pretty great job of transitioning from his storylines to their own. If the final book(s) are ever published I wonder if GRRM will just use the plot that’s already unfolded and if not, how weird will that feel?

:confused: I’ll just never understand why he didn’t finish the series, especially given all the other projects he’s done in the interim. I received Fire and Blood for Christmas and am enjoying it although it is quite different in style than any of the Ice and Fire series.

As to the original topic, I’ve got no predictions really on what I think will happen but I hope Tyrion lives happily ever after! From the first book he’s far-and-away been my favourite character and Peter Dinklage has played the role masterfully.

I expect the show may rely on some of Martin's broad brushstrokes of the endgame -- we know they've known before the series started what that is because they had to answer that question for him before the deal was made. I want the satisfaction of the answers that link up all of the minutiae contained on the thousands of pages I've read, which is only going to be possible on the page because the series isn't going on for ten years or even ten episodes at this point.

OP here;

I haven't read the books... yet... I'm waiting for the show to finish... then I plan on reading all of them... and maybe... hopefully he will have finished the book... I agree, reading you get all the little things that get missed in movies or TV shows...

I expect the show may rely on some of Martin's broad brushstrokes of the endgame -- we know they've known before the series started what that is because they had to answer that question for him before the deal was made. I want the satisfaction of the answers that link up all of the minutiae contained on the thousands of pages I've read, which is only going to be possible on the page because the series isn't going on for ten years or even ten episodes at this point.

OP here;

With this series, and one of the reasons I love it... is you never know what is going to happen... It takes you here and there, and just when you think you have gotten what in the world is going on...they kill off someone, or throw in something... that you go... what... Oh... now I see it...okay but if its this... then what about that.... keeps you thinking and wondering...

I was talking to DS last night about this. He is rewatching to get ready for the end. We both think everyone will die in the end and the white walkers will take over.

I was talking to DS last night about this. He is rewatching to get ready for the end. We both think everyone will die in the end and the white walkers will take over.
You have to admit the Night King is pretty cool,

potential spoiler below in white:

especially now that he has his own dragon.

OP here:
Nooooo... the white walkers can't win.... I have started re-watching as well, and I am seeing thing differently than the first time I watched or even the second or fifth time... :D

I make no predictions but I loved the books and I love the series. I can’t wait to see how it all plays out! I hope my favorite characters live to the end!

Not a good thing for humanity if the White Walkers win. No idea, but I've seen that one of the cast members has said we won't like it.

I hope the Hound and Tormund live.

I think almost everyone is going to die.

Whatever happens can't/shouldn't be a big middle finger to the fans. So many authors and writers seem to forget their loyal and invested audience when writing. Not that every character should have a satisfying or happy ending, but the ending should be satisfying to the audience that put the time in and made your dang show a success.

Interesting thought about Gendry. I had never considered it. I stopped reading GoT theories because I was worried about spoilers - I probably won’t be back, ha!

I hope that Jon sits the throne. Unfortunately I think this is a story about the demise of the Targaryans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter