Any first timers running in the Disney 5k in January?

dhay

Disney bride 12/5/08! Enjoying married life!!
Hi everyone! Not sure of this is the right place to post. I just registered for the 5k. I can now do 2 miles and I know I will be able to do 3.1 by January 8 2010. I was curious if there are any other newcomers who have registered or plan to who would like to chat and motivate each other? Veterans are welcome to who have tips and tricks and can motivate us too!

My name is Dawn, I am going to be 30 this year, and I was married at Disney December 5, 2008. I had cancer and afterwards I gained a ton of weight from medications and unhealthy eating. Mainly the eating! I lost 30 pounds by eating healthy before the wedding but I need to lose another 20 ish to get back to me pre weigth gain. Even when I was slender I was not in shape and could not run 2 miles so I am doing OK :)

My goal is to be able to say at my 30 bday this December that I am in the best shape of my entire life! I have been running and doing a weights program at the gym for a month and have lost 7 more pounds. I know I can lose the rest in time for my bday, and I want to make sure I make this an integral part of my life.

I would love to chat with others who are new to running and who are doing the 5k, or anyone who is interested in getiing healthy too!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter