Any first hand reports of Photo Pass box with Tink?

Disney will make the product not worth it. People will stop buting it. And then, the mindless bean counters will see an opportunity to save money by getting rid of the meet and greets. Organic evolution corrupted by greed will prompt the money grubbing distroyers of magical moments to say, people just do not want pictures with classic characters anymore.

While I dont mind getting rid of some meet and greets the whole idea of meeting characters is pure Disney. PP does an amazing job and they are not just photoghers. They are also security and guest relations as well. Disney will turn into the run of the mill theme park with nothing special. People are beginning already to see through the haze and realizing the magic that once was has disappeared into neverland.

And for enabling this feature we are please to say Memory Maker will only increase by $10!!!

And not a one of us would be surprised either... sometimes I feel like Disney is reading these boards and when we post something totally ridiculous-sounding they're going, "Hmmmm.... wellllll, it's not such a bad idea..."

I'm glad to hear that Tink didn't have the box recently.... I wonder if they are done testing it or if it was just broken that day. If they put this box at more meets then there's no way I'm paying $167 for more of those types of photos. I can just take my DSLR and do it myself. Or just not meet characters anymore.

And not a one of us would be surprised either... sometimes I feel like Disney is reading these boards and when we post something totally ridiculous-sounding they're going, "Hmmmm.... wellllll, it's not such a bad idea..."

I'm glad to hear that Tink didn't have the box recently.... I wonder if they are done testing it or if it was just broken that day. If they put this box at more meets then there's no way I'm paying $167 for more of those types of photos. I can just take my DSLR and do it myself. Or just not meet characters anymore.

A phone camera will do a better job than this box camera.

While I dont mind getting rid of some meet and greets the whole idea of meeting characters is pure Disney. PP does an amazing job and they are not just photoghers. They are also security and guest relations as well. Disney will turn into the run of the mill theme park with nothing special. People are beginning already to see through the haze and realizing the magic that once was has disappeared into neverland.

I'm not sure I agree with you. Disney Magic/Pixie Dust is made by Cast Members not corporate.

I completely agree that CAST members make the magic. My point is that as they get downsize staff and replace positions with machines magic is lost. MY DD was a Photo pass photographer at AK. I know how demanding that job is.

I think I would have just stated that, it makes sense.

I'm not sure I agree with you. Disney Magic/Pixie Dust is made by Cast Members not corporate.

Agreed and in this process there are less cast members to make magic happen. A machine doesn't see the sparkle in a little girls eyes the first time she meets Belle or how a young man toughens up when in the vicinity of a princess. And typically those shots are the most memorable. When you don't even catch them but the PP does.

Here's an example of the "wide variety"....

tink-box.jpg

None of the other Photopass photos from our trip are like this... they all had live photographers and did close-ups, with my kids walking in and seeing the character(s), hugging them, different angles, etc. Poor Tink gets the same shot 9000 times as a box on the wall fires a flash.

[eta] You can see in a few, they are slightly closer up, so the camera must have some kind of automated zoom, but it's nothing to write home about and certainly not enough to make the picture feel much different than the rest.

While these aren't "terrible", they aren't nearly as good as PP cast members get. It's another move where I see they have favored the cost effective, stream lined approach to things vs the unique high quality offerings they used to have. These were pictures taken last year during Tink visit with my niece and nephew...So much more personal and endearing, IMO than the standard shots these boxes are producing...

IMG_0603.jpg IMG_0606.JPG IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0607.JPG

Last I read, a PP was back in Tink. Was that a 1 day thing, or is that still the case?

And, that is still the only photo box, as of now?

Just saw on one of the Disney Instagram fan accounts boxes are starting or at least installed in launchbay

Last I read, a PP was back in Tink. Was that a 1 day thing, or is that still the case?

And, that is still the only photo box, as of now?
Hopefully permanent, but really I think everyone needs to complain about the photos from these boxes complete with photos from PP and from the photos boxes to demonstrate how much worse they are.

I can see a place for the boxes if they placed them in places PP people couldn't get to and still kept a photographer as well. Do both though, not just the box.

Does anyone know the status of this? We have never skipped purchasing memory maker as we love the shots the photographers are able to catch. However, I will never pay the money for pictures from a box. I can easily take better pictures with my own phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter