Any first hand reports of Photo Pass box with Tink?

I had photos with Tink and Mickey & Minnie in Town Square Theater a week ago. The box got about 5-6 photos (just me) and that was average for the other meets. However.....the box pictures took FOREVER to show up in my Photopass account. I had to go to Guest Services and have them look for them after waiting 15 hours for the Tink pictures. After the second one, I was told the Town Square pictures take a lot longer to show up.

I did give the CM my phone for Mickey & Minnie since I really wanted that one and had not resolved my Tink issues yet.

I read it.

Agree. It's like Switzerland not taking a position regardless if it's blatantly negative or overwhelmingly positive. I too am not a fan of these changes.

And regardless of CM's still being present to use your phone or camera, they are not trained photographers who will go above and beyond to capture those moments.

And regardless of CM's still being present to use your phone or camera, they are not trained photographers who will go above and beyond to capture those moments.

No, but you don't have to pay for memory Maker to have them take photos with your phones. And I will no longer buy memory Maker so if I want pictures of the whole family, that is what we will do

We recently arrived back from WDW, and while we had plenty of great Photopass photographer pictures taken our two automated meet and greets (Tinkerbell and Mickey/Minnie) both had problems. Even though we had scanned our MagicBands we received the wrong family's photos at Mickey/Minnie. We stopped by the Memory Maker desk and were able to find the correct photos, but in the end the picture I asked the CM to take of the family turned out far better than any captured by the box. I never received the Tinkerbell photos we had taken (I have sent in a missing photo request)...but the ones I captured on my own phone turned out great. :) My impression with the boxes though is to make sure you know exactly when you had the photos taken for when you need to file for missing photos!!!

No, but you don't have to pay for memory Maker to have them take photos with your phones. And I will no longer buy memory Maker so if I want pictures of the whole family, that is what we will do

Are you no longer going to purchase MM because of the photo boxes? I purchased the One Day MM recently for MNSSHP, they have a deal get $10 off and get a free 8 x 10 print for $59. You're suppose to go back to Town Square to get the print but at midnight most of our photos weren't even available and we had to leave earlier due to Dorian. I called once we got back and they said they would mail it to us. None of our photos taken were from the PB.

Are you no longer going to purchase MM because of the photo boxes? I purchased the One Day MM recently for MNSSHP, they have a deal get $10 off and get a free 8 x 10 print for $59. You're suppose to go back to Town Square to get the print but at midnight most of our photos weren't even available and we had to leave earlier due to Dorian. I called once we got back and they said they would mail it to us. None of our photos taken were from the PB.

I was a bit in the fence anyway due to cost but these photoboxes are kinda the last straw as I just can't support the change - and I plan to write to the executives to indicate this is why I am not buying it

Which is a bit of a bummer as some of the new ones they have now in Galaxy's Edge (the super zoom and the 360) seem pretty cool but can't justify the cost for just that

So how many pictures does the box take you think? I wouldn't have an issue with this if it just takes a ton of pictures .. or if it simply takes a video where you can capture stills from.
When we went in August, we got over 70 pictures. Most of them were not very good. I sat off to the side taking my own pictures and the box made sure that I was in the pictures. So I’m thinking thinking that the box recognizes bodies in the frame and just takes pictures. No close ups, side angles, nothing special. Tink, while very talkative, stood relatively still and remained in her spot. We had must better pictures the year before from the photographer.

@tlmadden73 asked "So how many pictures does the box take you think?"

When we went in August, we got over 70 pictures. Most of them were not very good. I sat off to the side taking my own pictures and the box made sure that I was in the pictures. So I’m thinking thinking that the box recognizes bodies in the frame and just takes pictures. No close ups, side angles, nothing special. Tink, while very talkative, stood relatively still and remained in her spot. We had must better pictures the year before from the photographer.

You got over 70 pictures from the ONE meet with Tink from the automated PhotoPass camera?

@Chrisizzle "got three pics with Tinkerbell" LINK
@OSUZorba "got like 20 pictures" LINK

Why are these numbers all over the place?

@tlmadden73 asked "So how many pictures does the box take you think?"

You got over 70 pictures from the ONE meet with Tink from the automated PhotoPass camera?

I did it in the first week it was operational (maybe the first day, not sure) and there was someone releasing the shutter. I think everything else was automatic, but there was a person hitting a button to take the shot. So my number probably isn't good gauge.

@tlmadden73You got over 70 pictures from the ONE meet with Tink from the automated PhotoPass camera?

I was travelling as a single dude. So, I didn’t spend much time with Tinkerbell lest I become creepy. I was in and gone in under a minute.

If the camera is on a timer and as a photographer myself, I’d think a picture every 3 to 5 seconds would be optimal. Not best experience or most fun, but optimal for different poses and variety of pics without getting dozens of nearly identical images.

If that is anywhere near accurate, you’d get 12 to 20 pics per minute.

Well if they are still using this joke in June of 2021 there is some money I will save I just won't get it. Let that happen enough and even the greedy guys that are running Disney these days will notice.

Met Mickey and Minnie in Town Square at MK today and we had a real life human being photographer. The box was clearly set up but not being used.

Hopefully it’s a sign of Disney listening?
Or at least making them B mode for when photographers call in / are dispatched to roving positions and not normal

Or the box will be in use starting Oct 1st when Mickey & Minnie's Celebration ends.

Pretty much this. I registered my complaint to Disney and get the standard "corporate response" about how beneficial the boxes will actually be. And I'm just thinking "Um, no. The boxes have no idea how to account for human interaction. I will gladly sacrifice 5 extra minutes to let a family have special moments capture by a real human rather than be shuffled through as though I'm on an assembly line waiting for a character meet.

And the thing that gets me is that automation is supposed to be a quicker process. Why is it taking LONGER for these photos to show up?

Can we all agree that Memory Maker has been in a long decline? That cell phones take a larger percentage than ever before? That in the off chance that a family has to have a hoto that the box is the cheapest way to provide it? Live photographers are never coming back.

We bought memory maker on our last trip. We will not be purchasing it for our March trip due to the photo boxes. Also on principle, I don’t like the idea of machines taking the job of skilled workers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter