Any feedback on EEMH at Hollywood Studios? 6am till 9am. What was your experience?

i checked MDE at 6 AM and again just now. The wait jumped from 15 min to 55 min for SR but everything in TSL has been a 5 min wait so far today.
We're under tornado watch and it's been raining heavily since midnight. I would not plan according to this morning's wait times

Just back from the semi-crowded Columbus Day Week at WDW and was able to hit HS on Tuesday (15th) and Friday (18th). One day we went to SWGE first and then TSL first on the second day. (We were a group of 8 with 4 kids, so our plans were a little slower with various bathroom breaks, snacks, etc. along the way.)

On the 15th, we left AKL at 5:00, waited through a long bag check, but were lined up at rope by 5:45. (About 1/2 way back in overall crowd by RD. Not bad.) Walked back to SR where it backed up to the Milk Stand. From there, we were on the ride in 24 minutes, so by 6:45ish we were off to TSL. In TSL, Slinky was posted at 40 minutes, but we rode in 24. (Slinky line was growing quickly.) After that, we were able to walk onto AS and TSM. Most of our group then went to TOT and RNR. Two of us walked back to SWGE and rode SR in the single rider line. The first single rider wait took us 22 minutes and the second only 16 minutes. So by 9, our main group rode every ride once, and me and my little guy did SR 3 times and all of TSL once. (Wandered Batuu before our Oga's reservation and victory drinks!)

On Friday the 18th, we got a little later start as we were going bagless, so left AKL around 5:25. Arrived at the park and of course, zero people in bag-check lines this time. Walked into the wait and were only slightly farther back than our previous day. We went straight to TSL, but is seemed like a lot of other people did as well! We rode Slinky twice, with waits of 15 and 28 minutes. After that we rode AS twice and TSM twice. The entire group then went to SR with a posted wait of 60 minutes, but the actual wait was only about 38 minutes. (Our only real mistake was Oga's. When we walked by at 8:00, there was no one in line and servers standing outside with menus. We could have walked right in. Our goal was to go in before opening, but by the time we got off SR, they had cut-off the stand-by line since 9:00 reservations were starting.)

If we had a choice of which strategy to follow, I would do TSL first. Yes, we got on SR quickly the first day, but that allowed TSL to get crowded quickly. When we looked at times, (before opening at 9:00) SR can almost always be done in under an hour, whereas Slinky lines were growing past 80 to 90 minutes posted before the park opened at 9:00. Your mileage may vary as we were there during a busy week and our second park day was a Friday.

Thanks to everyone who had posted over the last month! Although we had to wake up early, it was worth it to hit all the rides during EEMH.

We were there the first weekend in October and the EEMH were great! We were able to do both SWGE and TSL with minimal wait. It definitely would be great if they could continue past November.

Staying at Disney Caribbean this coming weekend- any experience with the bus rides to HS around 5-5:30am to catch EEMH? Considering Uber vs Waiting on the multiple-stop bus ride.

Sorry for the long post…
Just returned yesterday evening from 4 days at WDW. We stayed at AoA and I just wanted to relay our experience and some tips for anyone traveling to Batuu or planning on using the Skyliner for HS GE EEMH or staying at a Skyliner resort.

4:50am Monday-We left our room traveling with 5 people, 1 ECV and a 19-month old in a stroller.
4:55am-Arrived to the bus stop. A bus was sitting there only partially full, but we could not load with the ECV because people were already on the bus.
5:05am-That partially full bus pulls away from us. No problem, we would wait for the next one. We sit for a bit waiting to find out when the next bus would arrive, but the digital bus board was not showing the ETA for the next bus. It just kept flashing the words ‘Use Skyliner’. We had the opportunity to ride the Skyliner on opening day with the ECV and it was relatively easy, but it takes a LONG, LONG time (but that’s a story for another thread). I had read here that the Skyliner was not going to open on Monday until 5:45am but I thought maybe they had changed their minds considering the crowds.
5:15am-So when the bus board had still not updated with a time and it was still flashing ‘Use Skyliner’ we started to wonder if the bus had been delayed or they had reduced the number of buses because of the Skyliner. So I walked inside to ask at the desk what we should do. The desk clerk told us the Skyliner was open and running (I clarified twice).
5:20-We headed to the Skyliner. Still no bus, and no one else but us in line for the bus. I know at one point the MDE app had bus times but for the life of me I could not find them on the app while we were there. So we make the trek back to the Skyliner bridge station and I’ll ruin the surprise for you now: The Skyliner was NOT open. Lol. The line was soooooooooo long they had to curl it back around and over the bridge again. The desk clerk unfortunately told us incorrect information.
5:30am-The CM tells us that they would be opening in 5 minutes. So we decided to wait because we still had no idea what was going on with the buses. Welllll, 5 minutes pass, then 10 minutes, then 15 minutes pass and we are still standing there as the line grows.
5:45-And FINALLY they start running and loading shortly after. Now this is where it starts to get fun! *eye roll* The stroller and 3 people in the party waited in the regular line for the Skyliner (longer line, shorter launch time) and the ECV with two people waited in the handicap line (shorter line, much longer launch time). The stroller crew got through the entire line and all the way through the length of the Skyliner flight path before the ECV crew even departed the station.
6am-While the ECV group is sitting in the gondola waiting to depart, we get a phone call from the stroller crew saying ‘We are stranded at the Caribbean Beach Club because there is such a mass influx of people from 3 resorts for 2 parks that they had to shut down the Skyliner because they couldn’t handle the crowd and they are shipping everyone out in buses that aren’t here yet. They are saying the wait for the bus line will be over an hour long. Get out of the gondola now!’.....and just as the stranded stroller crew speaks those final words over the phone and we turn to ask to get out of the gondola the CM says ‘Have a nice flight!’ as the door to the gondola closes. At this point we have officially missed rope drop.
6:15ish am-By the time we get to the CB Skyliner station the CMs had figured out to tell people to head back to their resorts to catch buses and we have to disembark and re-board the gondolas back to AofA.
6:25am-After arriving back to AofA, we stopped briefly at the front desk to let them know the Skyliner was down and that it had not been running early that morning so they could let others know if they asked.
6:35/6:40-We went to stand in the bus line. Again no time showing on the digital board which is still flashing ‘Use Skyliner’, even though the Skyliner is officially closed.
6:55am-We board the bus and by the time we get to HS, get through bag check, and scan our tickets it was...
7:20am-We head back to GE after a brief hold up while they moved the stage through the park
7:35am-We arrived on Batuu at 7:35. Bright Suns all!

You know how they say to allow an hour for travel time on Disney property? It took us nearly 3 HOURS to get to Galaxy’s Edge. By the time we arrived, the wait for Smuggler’s Run was 75 minutes long which was exactly what we were hoping to avoid. We didn’t want my 19-month old niece to have to sit out and wait that long. I don’t even know what to say at this point. I tried laughing through the setbacks but I’m not going to lie; that morning SUCKED. We were so excited to be in Galaxy’s Edge in the dark of the early morning as the sun was rising and instead we got there in the heat of the morning crowd.

I can't even tell you there's a moral to this story or what I could have done differently to have avoided missing rope drop. I seriously believed that leaving more than an hour early would be plenty of time to get there and be near the front of the pack, but it unfortunately was not. If the bus boards had accurately reflected either the time of the next bus or the fact that Skyliner was actually not operating, we would have never left the bus line. If the cast member hadn’t told us the Skyliner was running, if we hadn’t been told they would be up in 5 minutes, or if they would have communicated between stations about the shutdown, if just one of those things hadn’t happened we would have gotten there on time.

Take-Away Tips for traveling to EEMH:
-The bus boards are currently not reflecting the accurate operating times of the Skyliner.
-The bus boards are currently not reflecting the ETA of the buses at the Skyliner resorts for HS or Epcot.
-The Skyliner is a fast and convenient mode of transportation for the average guest when operating.
-The Skyliner is a convenient mode of transportation for guests in wheelchairs or ECVs, but not a fast mode of transportation.
-The Skyliner is not a reliable transportation method for getting to EEMH rope drop at this time.

TL: DR-No matter what amount of planning and double-checking you do, sometimes things just don’t work out the way you want at Walt Disney World.
That sounds like a nightmare. I'm so sorry you had to deal with that!!!

Does anyone think Disney will extended the 6am entry for when Rise of the resistance opens from December thru February?

Does anyone think Disney will extended the 6am entry for when Rise of the resistance opens from December thru February?
I really hope so, we arrive 9th Dec and that would make such a massive difference to us.

From Dec through Feb, no, I don't think so.
They might open earlier but I'm not sure they will go to 6am again. Regardless do expect the park to actually open way before posted opening time and then people will be walked toward RotR. I plan to be there around 5am if the 9am opening hours remain for Dec 5th. After that they will assess crowd demands and plan accordingly

I'm so grateful for all the reports shared here! We used that information well last Friday (Oct 18).

We were staying at Disney Springs for a conference, so we took an Uber over (this cost $16, and was worth it IMO). We are not morning people, but we managed to catch the uber at 5:45 am, and arrived at HS at 6:00 on the dot. Short bag check line, then we were in, grabbed a locker for our big backpack, and headed straight to Galaxy's Edge. Probably arrived there around 6:15 and walked around for 10 minutes, soaking it up, before heading through to TSL. There was a 30 min posted wait for SDD, but it wasn't that long. We were off it (amazing fun, SDD!) and into the queue for the swirling aliens at 6:45. This is where we made a mistake, letting the 7yo pick that ride next, because even though it had a 5 minute posted wait time, something went wrong, and we ended up watching the sun rise over the back of Baatu while we waited far too long for the ride to be sorted out. LOL

But by 7:15, we were back in SWGE and we got in the line for Smuggler's Run. Posted at 55 minutes, it took us just about that to get through the line, maybe 45 minutes. And then while we were in the middle of the ride, it stopped working!! And it literally felt like our MF was floating in space. I gotta say, as far as ride failures go, that was pretty cool. So we got to zip back up and ride it a second time, all before 9 am. We were into DB7 and ordering breakfast at 8:45. And the difference in crowd levels from when we went into DB7 and when we came out again was night and day. Wow.

I really hope they offer EEMHs again. I would pay for it.

I'm so grateful for all the reports shared here! We used that information well last Friday (Oct 18).

We were staying at Disney Springs for a conference, so we took an Uber over (this cost $16, and was worth it IMO). We are not morning people, but we managed to catch the uber at 5:45 am, and arrived at HS at 6:00 on the dot. Short bag check line, then we were in, grabbed a locker for our big backpack, and headed straight to Galaxy's Edge. Probably arrived there around 6:15 and walked around for 10 minutes, soaking it up, before heading through to TSL. There was a 30 min posted wait for SDD, but it wasn't that long. We were off it (amazing fun, SDD!) and into the queue for the swirling aliens at 6:45. This is where we made a mistake, letting the 7yo pick that ride next, because even though it had a 5 minute posted wait time, something went wrong, and we ended up watching the sun rise over the back of Baatu while we waited far too long for the ride to be sorted out. LOL

But by 7:15, we were back in SWGE and we got in the line for Smuggler's Run. Posted at 55 minutes, it took us just about that to get through the line, maybe 45 minutes. And then while we were in the middle of the ride, it stopped working!! And it literally felt like our MF was floating in space. I gotta say, as far as ride failures go, that was pretty cool. So we got to zip back up and ride it a second time, all before 9 am. We were into DB7 and ordering breakfast at 8:45. And the difference in crowd levels from when we went into DB7 and when we came out again was night and day. Wow.

I really hope they offer EEMHs again. I would pay for it.
that's called something else :D and eventually I'm sure we will have Early Morning Magic back and SWGE will be included. Sounds like you had a great trip!!

Thanks for the info. I was afraid of that. I don’t want to tell him to wake up early and go only to be confronted with a 75 min wait. That won’t go over well lol. We will just go in with realistic expectations I guess.

so ive been here since yesterday morning. I’ve ridden MFSR each day, both around 4 PM. Both times the posted wait times were 45 min. yesterday chose the single rider line and it took me 25 minutes total from the time I entered and then exited after going on the ride. Today I stood in standby to test the difference and it was about 35 minutes.

We were there last week.
Walked over at 7 am. 50 minute wait for MFSR. 5 minute wait for SDD, rode twice, did TSMM, under 5 minutes, AS2, walk on. Walked over to SWGE, looked around, got in line for MFSR with a 20 minute wait about 8 am. Looked around some more, then went to RnRC and ToT. All before 9 am.

I just got back today from a 4 day trip. I did EEMH twice, on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday I actually did the EMH at AK first. I got there at 6:15 AM and was one of the first people through the gates and got on FOP and EE and was on my way to HS by 8:15. Posted wait time for SDD was 30 min at that point. I clocked my total time at 22 min for the wait and ride itself. MFSR was posted at 45 min and I walked on as a single rider. No wait at all. On Sunday I actually got to HS at 5:45 and rode SDD twice, both times it was no more than 10 min, walked on TSM, then headed over to MFSR and did single rider again and it was about a 10 min wait with most of that being once your handed the colored card assignments in the Falcon itself. I was also able to do RRC and TOT with only 15 min waits after spending about 45 min walking around SWGE.

I would head to TSL first if we did it again. I won’t lie to you, we were impressed with GE, but underwhelmed by the ONE attraction. Our kids didn’t even want to ride Smuggler’s Run a second time with no wait. I agreed, it was cool, but it just didn’t really excite me.

SDD waits increased, SR seemed pretty constant.

We offered the kids a chance to do EEMH a second time on our trip, and they opted to sleep in.

edited to add: we rode SR, toured GE, SDDx2, ASSaucers, TSM, RnRCz2,ToTx2, STours all before 9am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!