Any experiences with Downtown Disney Courtyard Marriott, Grosnevor, Best West. LBV?

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
Considering taking advantage of the current "deal," but we always stay on site, so I know nothing about any of the Downtown Disney resorts.

We stayed at the Courtyard 9/15 to 9/21. The hotel is very nice,
clean and comfortable. We had early entry and could also buy E
night tickets. It was about a 10 minute walk to DD. I chose this
hotel because I did not want to have a long walk to food courts,
bus stops, etc. I would stay here again, the bus service to the
parks was excellent. Overall it was a great choice.

Second the thumbs up on the Courtyard. We have stayed there several times and have not been disappointed. Great location, large rooms, clean property. Nothing fancy, basic pool area, but overall a good experience. The next best thing to on property Disney hotels. EE, Enight, Unlimited Park Hoppers - all the on-site benefits. We prefer Disney hotels as well - but when we are looking to save a few bucks (or many with the current deals) the Courtyard is a good choice - at least in our experience.

RosieRosie - I did not save the coupon book but I think it had a coupon for a free appetizer at Planet Hollywood. There was a 20% off admission to Pleasure Island. We ate at the Rainforest Cafe and there weren't any discounts for that. We went to Universal on Wed. and drove the car for the first time sinced we arrived. If you take a right from the parking lot there
is a food/shopping area about a quarter of mile down. Very easy to find and a great way to save some money. I can't remember what other coupons there were but I know we didn't use any of them. Hope this helps.

Last year we stayed at the Grosvenor and just loved it. The rooms are bigger than the WDW moderates, have more amenities and it's less $! And the location is terrific! It is literally right across the street from DD. Just a short stroll and you're there. We walked over practically every night and got a chocolate ice cream cone at Ghiradelli's. The tower rooms are wonderful, but the wing rooms are nice too. If you get a wing, ask for a pool side room. Oh, and they have a nice pool too!

I spent 10 nights here in June. Really liked the resort. Great bus service, clean, friendly staff, fridge in room, great location. I bid thru Priceline and paid less than $40/night including taxes.

I'm trying desperately to schedule another trip before the end of the year but I'm having a terrible time arranging around my son's school schedule. :mad:

Carolyn

What did you like about the bus service? How often does it run? One reason we stay at Disney is so we don't have to get in our old van until we go home! So we will rely on their bus system a lot!! Thank you for any info on this!!

for dutton

The busses to MK, Epcot and MGM were every half hour, starting an hour before and going until 2 hours after closing, for AK it was every half hour for the first 2 hours and then hourly until 2 hours before closing. For EE there was one bus at 7:05 for whatever park was opening early. The Courtyard was the 3rd stop and going and coming to the parks was about a 30 minute ride, cause they had to go to every hotel even if there were only 2 people on the bus in case someone was waiting to be picked up. There was also a DD bus that started at 6 pm and I think ran until 2 am, but it was a very easy walk so we never used that bus. The day we went to AK we took a bus from there to the MK and the bus wasn't as nice. It had hard plastic seats more like a city bus and the hotel busses have high back cloth cushioned seats, more like a greyhound bus. When we were there the parks were not at all crowded and since we got up for EE we were somtimes the only 2 people on the bus. The bus drivers were all very helpfull about times and were they pick you up, we only used our car to go to Universal. And the best thing was the bus stopped right in front of the resturant which was about a 30 second walk from the hotel entry. Any other questions, just ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter