Any DVCers From Atlanta area?

badeacon

DIS Veteran
I ma trying to figure out how long it takes to drive from Atlanta to WDW. It looks about 500 miles on map.I haven't driven to WDW from Atlanta before but we are picking our DD up ~2pm on 12/20 and were planning on driving to WDW. We have 2BR atVWL 12/21-12/26 and are trying to figure out where to spend night of 20.Could we drive to WDW by around 10 PM and try to get room there or just drive as far as we can and spend night and then drive in on 21st. Any wisdom or experieces would be greatly appreciated

my brother says it is around 8 hours straight driving. so you should be okay. have you considered saying somewhere else that first night - there are really cheap hotels in Kissmmee

Thanks for info. Thats kind of what i was thinking possilble finding less expensive place near WDW for that night since we would be arriving so late and hard to justify price for just sleeping although it would be nice not to have to move again.If i feel comfortable i can get to near WDW that night by ~10 pm then i will go ahead and try to make reservation there.If it didnt appear i could get close to WDW that night then I guess I was just going to try and find place on road. IT will be much better to go ahead and make reservation at lee expensive place near WDW for night of 20th.

Mapquest says it is 456 miles from my doorstep in Stone Mountain to BWV and estimates a drive time of 7 hours 52 minutes. That is fairly accurate based on our trip experience. The variable is the number of stops you make on the trip.
Hope that helps.
ralphd:)

Yes, 8 hours or less to WDW from ATL ---- Also suggest you look at discount at Courtyard by Marroitt across from Dountown Disney--- Wed. nite rate should be in $30.00 range, we have ress. Sat. nite for $45.00. We will be home at BWV for that week--- Take care--

We live an a hour or so northeast of Atlanta and granted I do have a lead foot , it generally takes us about 7 hours from Turner Field. It can be done in 6.5 hours with light traffic and 1 gas stop.

Since you're coming from NC, I would suggest to you avoid going through Atlanta during rush hours. You could end up spending a lot of time sitting on the Interstate and going nowhere!

I usually drive down 95 from NC but this time I am picking a daughter up from school in Rome GA and we are driving to WDW so I think taking 75 is best route.

I still advise timing your trip on I-75 to, through, and out of Atlanta to avoid rush hours, if you can. Every morning, there are crashes, stalls, and backups from traffic congestion north of the the city on I-75 southbound, usually from the I-575 juncture south into Atlanta. I-285 around the northern end of the city between I-75 and I-85 is no better. In the evening, the trouble is outbound (or north on I-75) from the city. So, if you can avoid Atlanta's rush hours, do it!

We travel I-75 to and from NC often, and to avoid the mess, we plan our trips outside of rush hours.

Good luck :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter